Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Alex Grinch

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,686 Swaye's Wigwam
Had a good 1st quarter

Comments

• FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam
    Is anyone even a little bit surprised that this is the new USC? They paid Grinch something close to $2mil per for this, and it isn't going away.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,056
    And to think he got on with Urban Meyer at tOSU and then Oklahoma. Jesus.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    They’re not winning shit when they bolt to play big boy football in freezing Ann Arbor and Columbus. Good grief they just went tits up indoors in Vegas.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Holy shit i thought Kawasaki was getting overpaid, but grinch is killing it too.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

They’re not winning shit when they bolt to play big boy football in freezing Ann Arbor and Columbus. Good grief they just went tits up indoors in Vegas.

Riley won't be benefitting from the shit big 12 and pac 12. I still think his system guarantees a lot of glory from September through early November. I expect 10 win seasons but you could be right. His players are probably softer in LA than they were in Norman.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,208
    Grinch fucking sucks and has sucked for years, him and sark must share agents.

Riley’s teams at OU were soft as fuck and he’s brought that to USC. I don’t think USC gives a fuck because they’re jumping to the B10 and getting that conference money.

These usc and ucla teams are going to flyover states and will fold like they did tonight at the first sight of snow or rain.

Tbh, I thought Trooj would roll tonight but at the first minuscule bit of adversity, they folded like a bunch of baby back bitches.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    edited December 2022
    chuck said:

46XiJCAB said:

Riley won't be benefitting from the shit big 12 and pac 12. I still think his system guarantees a lot of glory from September through early November. I expect 10 win seasons but you could be right. His players are probably softer in LA than they were in Norman.
    Riley lost 3 CFP semifinal games to SEC teams. It’s a mystery why he bolted to LA. He’s soft just like his team. He wears Vuori pants on the field.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,623 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

chuck said:

46XiJCAB said:

Riley lost 3 CFP semifinal games to SEC teams. It’s a mystery why he bolted to LA. He’s soft just like his team. He wears Vuori pants on the field.
    He's a more metro version of Lanning, but he can win more than 9 games.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,464 Founders Club
    Riley said best case scenario he had 3rd best talent on OU roster in all his playoff teams at OU.

Alex Grinch did more with less at WSU, but at Ohio State, Oklahoma, and year one SC his defenses have been terrible.

I was massively surprised Riley brought him to SC. I thought that would be out to go find a new DC
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,623 Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Riley said best case scenario he had 3rd best talent on OU roster in all his playoff teams at OU.

Alex Grinch did more with less at WSU, but at Ohio State, Oklahoma, and year one SC his defenses have been terrible.

I was massively surprised Riley brought him to SC. I thought that would be out to go find a new DC

Grinch did less with less at WSU. Their one decent defense was in 2018 when they had Minnesota's old fired coach running it.

No doubt SC will replace him before they leave the conference but I don't think it will matter.

Wilcox who was a decent/good DC everywhere inexplicably sucked there. Could be heard screaming during the P12CG.

It's apparently really hard to get SC to be tough on defense and only Pete Carroll and Jake Browning have managed to pull it off in 20 years.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,686 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

godawgst said:

Grinch did less with less at WSU. Their one decent defense was in 2018 when they had Minnesota's old fired coach running it.

No doubt SC will replace him before they leave the conference but I don't think it will matter.

Wilcox who was a decent/good DC everywhere inexplicably sucked there. Could be heard screaming during the P12CG.

It's apparently really hard to get SC to be tough on defense and only Pete Carroll and Jake Browning have managed to pull it off in 20 years.
    This is the truth

That coach was Jerry Kill who is now the head coach at NMSU. Just took them to their second bowl game ever