Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Forgot my adderall, need some help

The idea of doing away with divisions but still staging a conference champ game is not new. However, I believe this year is the first any major conference has implemented not having divisions and also not having all the teams plays each other.

ACC, B1G, SEC: still have divisions, all teams play all others in same division.
B12: no divisions, all teams play all others
Mountain West, MAC: divisions
Pac 12FS: dropped divisions, don’t all play each other, dumb 3 way tie for 2nd
AAC: same as the PAC I think?

I guess next year the B12 will have this possible issue? And B1G in future?

I guess back in the day you had Rose Bowls being decided by tiebreakers when not everyone played each other (in both conferences), but less of the conference was missed too.

This is the first time a major conference has implemented such an approach as far as I can tell. The results sure are amazing!

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam
    How they arrived at the decision to still schedule it as north-south even though it isn't is the biggest curiosity to me. That's really weird.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

How they arrived at the decision to still schedule it as north-south even though it isn't is the biggest curiosity to me. That's really weird.

Sounds like a question for @Logistics Dawg
  • LogisticsLogistics Member Posts: 115

chuck said:

Sounds like a question for @Logistics Dawg
    Pac-12 logistics defies logic. The way they operate, you'd think they had the Great Vizzini calling the shots.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,721 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm disappointed that the Pac-12 is forcing us to backdoor into the Rose Bowl instead of beating USC to qualify for the Rose Bowl
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,736 Standard Supporter

I'm disappointed that the Pac-12 is forcing us to backdoor into the Rose Bowl instead of beating USC to qualify for the Rose Bowl

If you're going to bash going in through the backdoor, well, you know the rest.....