Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I didn’t tie those together before but very chinteresting.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,437
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Why don't you just come out and say she was murdered?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pretty sure he was going anyways due to on field stuff. I could see this being a scale tipper though.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    According to the suit, the disciplinary process in question stems from an August 2021 incident where Meyer allegedly spilled coffee on a football player who was accused of sexually assaulting a minor on Meyer’s team.

She committed suicide because of this. That's some weird shit
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

According to the suit, the disciplinary process in question stems from an August 2021 incident where Meyer allegedly spilled coffee on a football player who was accused of sexually assaulting a minor on Meyer’s team.

She committed suicide because of this. That's some weird shit

It doesn't say anything good about her chances of being a stable person in the future even without this incident. I'm sure it was all very traumatic and stressful and the university seemingly taking the side of the male athlete was frustrating but damn.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We should all know by now that many athletes are not well-rounded, well-grounded people, who live in a bizarre and often small world with a narrow scope on reality. And IMO, it's even worse and more cultish in women's sports, where celebrity status is less of an impact, so team and institutional unity and loyalty are even more important.

A mentally healthy woman who could take or leave Stanford Women's soccer wouldn't kill herself. A young woman whose life and identity are concretely and tethered like a bridge cable to being a Stanford soccer goalie, and little else going on in her world, is likely to overcorrect and overreact when that loyalty and unity is betrayed.

Perhaps many of Hope Solo's outrageous acts and behaviors are in part the result of this cultish, narrow, small world many female athletes inhabit today, which is not a healthy environment for anyone with problems.

Just my .02.