Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Our? Ducks' Rose Bowl Odds Have Been Updated

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,647 Founders Club
    Just loving how absolutely shattered duck fans are

At least UW didn't get their rightful shot at the title. Place would probably look like Jonestown
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,604
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

A back door Rose Bowl loss as non conference champs who didn’t play in the CCG is gonna be special.

Probably your 5th best season in the last 30 years.

2nd north division crown in 3 years

Why some fucking mountain west piece of shit team is playing USC is baffling
    North division crown? Man you guys LOVE making up titles for yourselves.

The reason is tie breakers. Like when you went to the Rose Bowl after the 2000 season because Oregon lost a non conf game.

How would you have done it? Just beat Oregon, nothing else matters?
    UW won the North on a tie breaker

UW has a better record than Utah

UW is ranked higher than Utah

Gosh what would I do?
    Yeah but still
    The only fact in that post is you’re ranked higher. Something that has never settled the CCG participants, But still…
    You're right. We should go with what has settled the CCG participants.

Case closed. End of discussion. Nuff said.
    In what CCG game do rankings matter?

Are you all on crack? (Crack Cocaine)
    I didn't say anything about rankings.

I said select the participants with the criteria they've always been selected by.

Hope that helps.
    Right but you wrote “yeah but still” like those were all legitimate points. The only factual bullet in that post was the rankings which don’t set conference champ games, anywhere.

There aren’t divisions anymore. I would have thought you’d want the teams with the best records to be in the championship game but you want it handicapped based on location?
    DISAGREE.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time following the thread.

Good luck the rest of the way.
    Don’t get frustrated.

You still haven't said why you should be in the CCG over Utah.
    I'm not frustrated. This is my third time saying we should select CCG participants the same way we always have. You said they've never been selected based on rankings. I agreed with you. The way they've always been selected has been the right way and would once again provide the best matchup and most deserving teams.
    I think that maybe you’re thinking that way because it would benefit your school, this year.

When they announced the change did you say “no way, I don’t want the teams with the two best records facing off in the title game. I want one from the top part of the map and one from the bottom?”
    PTSD from getting whacked by Stanford in your glory years most likely effects your opinion on this.
    You didn’t play Utah. How is this an argument about UO and Stanford who played each other each season?
    World's biggest Utah and ASU fan admits that he doesn't like divisions because it eliminated his team several times when Orygun was at the top.

You can’t read. Must have gotten your doctorate from UO.
    deflect
    deflect
    deflect
    No, that’s what clown memes are for.

You just can’t read information and decipher it. Which community college did you go to before attending the UofO?
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,548 Founders Club

Doogles said:

dnc said:

Semantic volleyball aside if you're playing schedules based on divisions you should select champion representatives based on said divisions.

This is the problem. The change in selection isn't a bad idea, as it usually will produce the two best teams at the end, but you need to change the scheduling to reflect that.

Having divisional round robins and missing two of the other side almost guarantees a clusterfuck more often than not with the common opponent tiebreak.
    It wouldn’t change the clusters as it would still be unbalanced.

For instance Oregon was knocked out of the 2000 season Rose Bowl and conf championship because they lost an OOC game to Wisconsin. I know a lot of you were out there lobbying on behalf of Oregon saying “IT SHOULD BE HEAD TO HEAD!” And “THEY’RE BETTER THAN US.” But sometimes it just doesn’t work out in your favor.
    Similar to the old BCS, I wouldn't mind a tiebreaker outside of head to head that relied on a weighted ranking score. The OOC tiebreak that beat you guys in 2000 is on the right track, but I fear it would only encourage shittier scheduling since everyone is a pussy these days.

I'm with you, at the end of the day, a 3-way tie for 2nd place you can only point the finger at yourself for not ensuring the opportunity. Still shuffling the schedules would have helped with the new format change. UW not playing SC or Utah sorta makes it feel a little empty.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,552 Swaye's Wigwam
    deflect
    deflect
    deflect

Pretty cool to get our 2nd die hard Ute and our 2nd die hard Doovil on the board from a single poster!
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

dnc said:

Semantic volleyball aside if you're playing schedules based on divisions you should select champion representatives based on said divisions.

This is the problem. The change in selection isn't a bad idea, as it usually will produce the two best teams at the end, but you need to change the scheduling to reflect that.

Having divisional round robins and missing two of the other side almost guarantees a clusterfuck more often than not with the common opponent tiebreak.
    It wouldn’t change the clusters as it would still be unbalanced.

For instance Oregon was knocked out of the 2000 season Rose Bowl and conf championship because they lost an OOC game to Wisconsin. I know a lot of you were out there lobbying on behalf of Oregon saying “IT SHOULD BE HEAD TO HEAD!” And “THEY’RE BETTER THAN US.” But sometimes it just doesn’t work out in your favor.
    Similar to the old BCS, I wouldn't mind a tiebreaker outside of head to head that relied on a weighted ranking score. The OOC tiebreak that beat you guys in 2000 is on the right track, but I fear it would only encourage shittier scheduling since everyone is a pussy these days.

I'm with you, at the end of the day, a 3-way tie for 2nd place you can only point the finger at yourself for not ensuring the opportunity. Still shuffling the schedules would have helped with the new format change. UW not playing SC or Utah sorta makes it feel a little empty.
    I don’t know if there’s a great way to do it. It usually is going to work out. Sometimes you get the short end.
    haie said:

deflect
    deflect
    deflect

Pretty cool to get our 2nd die hard Ute and our 2nd die hard Doovil on the board from a single poster!

Deflect? I don’t have a dog in the fight. None of you have answered the apparently simple question to the travesty of why you should be in over Utah.

“Because I think so” isn’t an answer.

haie said:

deflect
    deflect
    deflect

Deflect? I don’t have a dog in the fight. None of you have answered the apparently simple question to the travesty of why you should be in over Utah.

It's been laid out why removing divisions was a bad idea. I guess your Lane brain can't follow so I'll just let you continue spamming the board trying to pretend like UW isn't going to live rent free in your head for the next year.
    edited November 2022
    haie said:

haie said:

deflect
    deflect
    deflect

It's been laid out why removing divisions was a bad idea. I guess your Lane brain can't follow so I'll just let you continue spamming the board trying to pretend like UW isn't going to live rent free in your head for the next year.
    Lane brain? Did you go to UO?

I’ll barely think about Oregon after a few weeks from now. I’m not tormented by college football year round like some of you.

haie said:

deflect
    deflect
    deflect

I answered

Correctly

So did @dnc

You're too busted up right now. Heal up and try it again
    Another post full of fluff.

Say the exact reason UW should be in over Utah and stop being flippant.

If it’s rankings again, don’t bother.

haie said:

haie said:

deflect
    deflect
    deflect

deflect. press. deflect.

I would too if I was an Oregon fan and the following just happened:

1. Hate crimed by Georgia on national TV like you're The Citadel.

2. Bitched slapped in a historic rivalry game where 7 of your players limped off the field and your playoff hopes vanish on national TV in the most excruciating way possible. Also illuminated that you don't have the coach.

3. Suffered the most desolating Flyover Cup loss in history.

It's gonna be awesome watching that marinate with you over the coming year. Even worse outcome than getting beat down by a mountain west team dressed up as the SS Fuck Nike flagship. Twice.
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

deflect
    deflect
    deflect

deflect. press. deflect.

I would too if I was an Oregon fan and the following just happened:

1. Hate crimed by Georgia on national TV like you're The Citadel.

2. Bitched slapped in a historic rivalry game where 7 of your players limped off the field and your playoff hopes vanish on national TV in the most excruciating way possible. Also illuminated that you don't have the coach.

3. Suffered the most desolating Flyover Cup loss in history.

It's gonna be awesome watching that marinate with you over the coming year. Even worse outcome than getting beat down by a mountain west team dressed up as the SS Fuck Nike flagship. Twice.
    Yep. That’s what I thought. Same old boring torment brain. Nothing else in there.
    edited November 2022
    We’re just better!!! It’s not fair! They should weight the schedule!

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Ok guy.

At least UW didn't get their rightful shot at the title. Place would probably look like Jonestown

Tell me you’ve been shattered for the last 25 years without telling me you’ve been shattered for the last 25 years.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Ok guy.

Massive butthurt pressing.

Did you go to UO (and just witness a desolating season)?

Have fun unpacking that on FishDuck fag.
    haie said:

Ok guy.

Sheesh. People are so touchy around here.

haie said:

Ok guy.

edited November 2022
    haie said:

haie said:

Ok guy.

The Apple Cup “Trophy?” 😂

Imagine putting this much energy and anger into football and all you’ve collected over the years is a Heart of Dallas, Holiday Bowl and Apple Cup trophy.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt you remember the Holiday Bowl.

Oh man. Great stuff. Don’t ever stop, pal.

haie said:

haie said:

Ok guy.

The Apple Cup “Trophy?” 😂

Imagine putting this much energy and anger into football and all you’ve collected over the years is a Heart of Dallas, Holiday Bowl and Apple Cup trophy.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt you remember the Holiday Bowl.

Oh man. Great stuff. Don’t ever stop, pal.
    ?

We have a national championship. They don't just magically go away. It's still in the trophy case and there for you to look at next year while you eat our asses.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP........