Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Yesterday was one of the best days of football I can remember in awhile

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
edited November 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board

Comments

• FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483

Probably the best pac 12 of my lifetime

I’d be interested in some adderal analysis of this as well @whlinder! Great season for the Pac and I’ve wondered a few times where it stacks up with other strong years.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,641 Standard Supporter

I’d be interested in some adderal analysis of this as well @whlinder! Great season for the Pac and I’ve wondered a few times where it stacks up with other strong years.
    One of the hardest things to do is define what "strong" means as a conference.

Is it
    A. a few super high-end teams with piles of garbage everywhere else? (SEC most years)
    B. Closely clustered top to bottom, with slightly better teams winning the conference, or perhaps 1 outstanding team, and last place not being terrible (Big 12 this year)
    C. No high end teams but half the conference is really good and ranked (P12 this year)

College football is also a fairly limited sample size, so unless there are some big time non-conference wins or bowl wins, it's hard to claim greatness. This year we have wins over average Wisconsin, below average MSU, Notre Dame x2, the top 2 teams in the Mountain West, but got embarrassed against the best SEC team and also lost to middling Florida.

2000 Pac-10 has the U win but also:
    UCLA beat an Alabama team which would finish 3-9, 7-5 Fresno State and 9-3 Michigan.
    USC beat 5-7 Penn State and a bad Colorado team, but lost to ND
    Stanford beat a 9-3 Texas team (one of the 3 losses was to Oregon in the Holiday bowl)

Only Stanford finished .500 in conference, every other team was below .500.
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483
    whlinder said:

Is it
    A. a few super high-end teams with piles of garbage everywhere else? (SEC most years)
    B. Closely clustered top to bottom, with slightly better teams winning the conference, or perhaps 1 outstanding team, and last place not being terrible (Big 12 this year)
    C. No high end teams but half the conference is really good and ranked (P12 this year)

College football is also a fairly limited sample size, so unless there are some big time non-conference wins or bowl wins, it's hard to claim greatness. This year we have wins over average Wisconsin, below average MSU, Notre Dame x2, the top 2 teams in the Mountain West, but got embarrassed against the best SEC team and also lost to middling Florida.

UCLA beat an Alabama team which would finish 3-9, 7-5 Fresno State and 9-3 Michigan.
    Stanford beat a 9-3 Texas team (one of the 3 losses was to Oregon in the Holiday bowl)

Adderal superiority guy confirmed
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,641 Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

Is it

Adderal superiority guy confirmed
    No fucking shit
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,372 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:
    I love stupid animal internet shit and Oregon failing so this might be my favorite post ever.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,891 Founders Club

I'd throw in Michigan dusting Ohio State, especially since Kienholz was there.

I'd really love if Emeka and JTT Never beat Michigan or make a CFP while they're there.

CJ Stroud basically said I got a million bucks and never won a division or league title

But he'll endeavor to persevere