Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Football World Reacts To Deion Sanders, Colorado News

Comments

• Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Deion will flame out in spectacular fashion at Colorado. Pretty confident in that. Another sizzle guy that will win a ton in the off-season and create a soft culture by coddling guys that otherwise wouldn’t give Colorado a sniff.

Still the absolute best possible move for Colorado right now.

The talent upgrade they'll get in the 3 years he's there will give the next guy a chance.

He's also not face planting at Jackson state, he's dominating. I don't think he's a bad coach and will bring 5-stars to Colorado before he portals to FSU.

Edit: It is worth noting with the portal talent can leave with the coach (already happened to Colorado with Mel Tucker and SC did it to Oklahoma)
    Per your edit, it either works while he’s there or it doesn’t. Colorado a little bit of a different gig than Jackson St too. I get why Colorado is taking the shot though.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I said it in another thread. This will be a needed shock to the system for CU. Prohibition to Studio 54 overnight. They should be P12 competitive year 1. I mean, the Cougs are competitive in this conference. It’s not that hard.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2022
    Wow. Why would He do this? Career suicide.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I did the maff. Recruits don't know who the fuck this guy is. Might as well hire Bart Starr.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    89ute said:

I did the maff. Recruits don't know who the fuck this guy is. Might as well hire Bart Starr.

Dude has been on NFL network for the past 15 years before coaching. Kids no who he is. Did you forget prime top 10?
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

89ute said:

Dude has been on NFL network for the past 15 years before coaching. Kids no who he is. Did you forget prime top 10?

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

A couple things:

We have a new President who is serious about football. Hasn't been that way since Gordon Gee was here in the late 80s. There are increased resources being devoted, transfer issues being fixed and a serious splash hire.

Deion is hardly the soft player type if you've listened to him at all at his time at Jackson State.

What's the best place for me to get all of my Buffs gear?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    89ute said:

Their parents and grandparents do and they're often the ones who pick the schools for kids anyway

I can see the transfer portal providing instant credibility to CU
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doesn’t sound like he will be keeping many: https://youtu.be/q2Io3jCH5bU
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Divas tend not to do well heading up "major" college football programs. Lane Kiffin is probably the closest one I can think of, but even he grew up under the tutelage of an actual football coach father - his diva persona is more of a brand than anything else.

Prime is 100%, authentically diva. All Deion, all the time. Shit, he practically invented the term in its football context. Take your screenshots fuckos, this is going to be an epic, flaming disaster.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Isn't he actually more of an old school football dude
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yes

Old school period

Deion is not to be confused with Prime
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Doesn’t sound like he will be keeping many: https://youtu.be/q2Io3jCH5bU

Kid: "What's the off-season gonna look like?"

Prime: "How should I say this....we're gonna try to make you quit."

:D
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Yes

Old school period

Deion is not to be confused with Prime
    Prime stackin cordwood at an HBC and beating inferior teams, doesn’t transfer to Big Boy football.

No doubt the hype train gets him some quality recruits and transfers in the first couple years. But if He’s at 5-7 year 2, all the bling is gone. And Hello South Florida, where He should have went in the first damn place.

Oh. And Colorado hasn’t even come up with the Money he wants for him and the staff yet anyway.

Some train wrecks you can see from 50 miles away.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Deion will flame out in spectacular fashion at Colorado. Pretty confident in that. Another sizzle guy that will win a ton in the off-season and create a soft culture by coddling guys that otherwise wouldn’t give Colorado a sniff.

Still the absolute best possible move for Colorado right now.

The talent upgrade they'll get in the 3 years he's there will give the next guy a chance.

He's also not face planting at Jackson state, he's dominating. I don't think he's a bad coach and will bring 5-stars to Colorado before he portals to FSU.

Edit: It is worth noting with the portal talent can leave with the coach (already happened to Colorado with Mel Tucker and SC did it to Oklahoma)
    Eddie Robinson won like 10 HBC natties at Grambling. But when they stepped up to what is now the current FCS, he didn’t win a single playoff game. And He is considered to be one of the best coaches ever. Winning 408 games. Just one short of the all time record.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Disagree. I can’t see Deion creating a soft culture. That’s not his style. He’s flashy, but he’s a hardass who wants to win at all costs.