Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hit on Westover

RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,707 Founders Club
How the fuck was that not reviewed for targetting? Dumb fucking ref 10 feet away looking straight at the hit doesn't see launching with helmet to helmet?

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,320
    PAC-12 wanted Oregon in Vegas more than Utah? Who fucking knows
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

If this is the new direction of the P12 refereeing then I'm down. Less reviewing, less penalties. Great, it makes for a much better viewing game. Just be fucking consistent. That's all I ask.

Agree about fewer penalties and reviewing, but the debacle at the beav-Oregon game went way too far. I think the calls in the Apple Cup evened out for the most part.

But if you’re looking for consistency, that’s a bar this conference will never hit — unless it’s consistent inconsistency.
  • If this is the new direction of the P12 refereeing then I'm down. Less reviewing, less penalties. Great, it makes for a much better viewing game.

The officiating gets fixed, then the conference collapses like a folding chair under Chris Fetters.

#B1GTime
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

RoadTrip said:

How the fuck was that not reviewed for targetting? Dumb fucking ref 10 feet away looking straight at the hit doesn't see launching with helmet to helmet?

It's weird how they will flag the ones that are so questionable but this was a textbook targeting with two refs right there and.... nothing
    indeed. That hit belongs in the ref training video on what is targeting. TEXTBOOK! And did exactly what they are trying to avoid with that rule in the first place. It fucked Westover up and knocked him out of the game.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam

If this is the new direction of the P12 refereeing then I'm down. Less reviewing, less penalties. Great, it makes for a much better viewing game. Just be fucking consistent. That's all I ask.

They suck at doing it this way too. They just plain suck.

Just call the fucking action as it happens...no fucking emphasis areas or intentional trends toward more or less if anything. There are rules. Follow them and make the fucking calls like you're being paid to do. Jesus.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,067 Founders Club

If this is the new direction of the P12 refereeing then I'm down. Less reviewing, less penalties. Great, it makes for a much better viewing game.

The officiating gets fixed, then the conference collapses like a folding chair under Chris Fetters.

#B1GTime