Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Happy Invader Day!

13»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Is there another country that has been more of a force for good that beats the shit out of itself more than the USA?

I’m sure if North America hadn’t been settled by Europeans the Indians would be living in peace and harmony and painting all the colors of the wind

Germany has done a lot of beating itself up but doesn’t come close to the amount of good as the U.S.A.
    They basically haven’t contributed anything good other that the Diesel engine, bier, and classical music.
    They make a great chainsaw.
    Their ability to make fine machinery is second to none. But still they pale in comparison to America for feats of engineering and have all the historical warts to boot.
    We* took all their best scientists and engineers so we could go to the moon.

Inventing the printing press makes the German list as well.
    My Grandpa (44th Infantry Division) captured Von Braun in Austria at the end of the War. True story.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

whlinder said:

Is there another country that has been more of a force for good that beats the shit out of itself more than the USA?

I’m sure if North America hadn’t been settled by Europeans the Indians would be living in peace and harmony and painting all the colors of the wind

Germany has done a lot of beating itself up but doesn’t come close to the amount of good as the U.S.A.
    They basically haven’t contributed anything good other that the Diesel engine, bier, and classical music.
    They make a great chainsaw.
    Their ability to make fine machinery is second to none. But still they pale in comparison to America for feats of engineering and have all the historical warts to boot.
    We* took all their best scientists and engineers so we could go to the moon.

Inventing the printing press makes the German list as well.
    My Grandpa (44th Infantry Division) captured Von Braun in Austria at the end of the War. True story.
    Single handed?

To be fair, Von Braun knew what he had and wasn’t so much captured as he was able to pick who he would surrender to.
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022

You're welcome for modern technology and can fuck right off!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_inventions_and_discoveries
    And for killing millions in the 20th century trying to take over the world.
    To be fair, Europe sucks so I’m adding that to the list of achievements.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Those dumb Krautards couldn’t even get the bomb, let alone beat Washington. USA! USA! USA!
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,756
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sounds like you care.