Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kaepernick Gets Paid

SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
6 years up to $126 million with $60 million guaranteed. At least Flacco won a superbowl, granted Kaepernick is better than Flacco.

If they can't resign Crabtree/Iupati/Boone their super talented offense will look a lot different. Boldin will probably retire soon, he looked really bad in the playoffs last season. I would love to see Kaepernick play behind an offensive line as bad as Seattle's.

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Not so sure this one will end up well for Santa Clara ROFL!!!111!!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

6 years up to $126 million with $60 million guaranteed. At least Flacco won a superbowl, granted Kaepernick is better than Flacco.

If they can't resign Crabtree/Iupati/Boone their super talented offense will look a lot different. Boldin will probably retire soon, he looked really bad in the playoffs last season. I would love to see Kaepernick play behind an offensive line as bad as Seattle's.

Really?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticPositionCategory=QUARTERBACK&season=2012&seasonType=POST&experience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=true&Submit=Go
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,559
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dude is gonna blow his knee out in 3ish years, bad move
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Pump My Gas Kaepernick!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bad news for the 12's. Wilson will play out his contract and test the waters after that ridiculous contract.

Even if they can re-sign Wilson, they'll have to cut or restructure 7-10 other quality players to do it.

Or they let him walk and the Terrell Pryor era begins.

Either way, it will be popcorn worthy.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

Bad news for the 12's. Wilson will play out his contract and test the waters after that ridiculous contract.

Even if they can re-sign Wilson, they'll have to cut or restructure 7-10 other quality players to do it.

Not true. The hooks will tell you Wilson is such a good guy so he doesn't care about money and he's loyal to Seattle so he'll take about $7mil/yr.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    salemcoog said:

Wilson will get paid but there is no way in fuck he's going to "test the waters". The Seahawks will get a deal done and if they don't they'll franchise him.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    why would he test free agency? he'll sign next year for a similar price
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Seahawks got good at the right time with the cap going up this year and the next. They will re sign Wilson easy. Its players like Wright, Wagner, Maxwell, and Smith where it could get dicey.
    Well that was my poont. Resigning Wilson will cost the Hawks a lot of good players. Unless He pulls a Josh Freeman next year, the Hawks will lock him up

To the guy who posted that the solution could be a Franchise tag.

Big lulz

'Hook on!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Seahawks got good at the right time with the cap going up this year and the next. They will re sign Wilson easy. Its players like Wright, Wagner, Maxwell, and Smith where it could get dicey.
    Well that was my poont. Resigning Wilson will cost the Hawks a lot of good players. Unless He pulls a Josh Freeman next year, the Hawks will lock him up

To the guy who posted that the solution could be a Franchise tag.

Big lulz

'Hook on!
    Wilson will get paid but there is no way in fuck he's going to "test the waters". The Seahawks will get a deal done and if they don't they'll franchise him.

Where at all is this saying the solution is to franchise him? My post clearly states in a desperation situation they would franchise him rather than let him test the waters.

However, this regime appears to take care of their key players. I'm sure this time next year Wilson will have a big contract.

Means guys like Lynch, Harvin, Miller, could be on their way out. That's life in the NFL though, keep the main core together and build up the other pieces. This regime has proven they can build up a roster and coach up a roster so not too worried.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I would be surprised if Wilson demands the absolute max deal that he could get.

I think he realizes that winning is his calling card and that's what is driving endorsement dollars.

I'm pretty sure both Brady and Manning could hold out for a little more money than what they are making. I think we'll find Wilson in that camp. He'll sign a massive deal that is consistent with his worth but also a deal that works within the structure of what the Hawks need to get done and allows them to manage the cap appropriately.

And regarding players on the chopping block, I'm beginning to think it is more and more likely that we may be seeing the Christine Michael era at RB as early as this year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I would be surprised if Wilson demands the absolute max deal that he could get.

I think he realizes that winning is his calling card and that's what is driving endorsement dollars.

I'm pretty sure both Brady and Manning could hold out for a little more money than what they are making. I think we'll find Wilson in that camp. He'll sign a massive deal that is consistent with his worth but also a deal that works within the structure of what the Hawks need to get done and allows them to manage the cap appropriately.

And regarding players on the chopping block, I'm beginning to think it is more and more likely that we may be seeing the Christine Michael era at RB as early as this year.

I know Bevell said they will use more of a committee this year, but the RB coach also said there was a big drop off from Lynch to the other guys. Not surprising considering Lynch is one of the best RB's in the NFL. The 49ers have been saying similar things about Gore for 2-3 years and he always ends up getting 80% of the carries. I bet Lynch does too, and he will have another 1,000 yard season. He's too vital to the Seahawks success unless Michael is unreal.

This could be Lynch's last year in Seattle. With a $7.5 million cap hit coming in 2015, he probably will have to restructure his contract if he wants to stay. At 28, I don't think it's too complicated to give him 9 million guaranteed, with 5 coming in 2015 and 4 in 2016. RotoWorld has some good links and information on the RB situation.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4186/marshawn-lynch
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    On Sportscenter today they said that Luck will sign for 24-25 million a year and Wilson will be close to that.

I just can't see that. Yes he has a ring but I think Wilson's number will be a lot closer to 18-20 a year with Paul Allen also writing a huge fucking check to all of RWs charities.

I just really hope somehow they can keep 2/3 of Wright, Wagner, and Maxwell. Wagner is almost a must re sign if you ask me... He has silently been one of the best linebackers in the entire league the past 2 years (by silent I mean no one says anything about his eye popping stats.)
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Russell Wilson would leave his wife before he ever left his 12's
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014
    Players make way too much. They should get maybe 5 times minimum wage, max. That way the league could charge less for tickets and advertising. If companies paid less in advertising, products would be cheaper and people would have more money. And with cheaper ticket prices more people could afford to go to games and could buy snacks with their extra money. People would be happier because they get to go to games and buy snacks. If they're happier they will be more productive in society and at work so other companies will benefit as well. Besides, what is kaepernick going to do with such an obscene amount of money? Buy another Bentley? He won't buy more groceries like the fans would. Plus no one is worth that kind of money and it's not fair.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Isn't Lynch working on a possible 4 game suspension this year?

I'm not saying that Michael will take over as the starter immediately, but I definitely see much more of getting others carries than Marshawn this year not only to get Michael some needed experience, but also to help Lynch stay fresh for the December division games and playoffs when you need him.

Good/Great teams are at their best at finding ways to develop their depth so that it becomes next man up.

For as much as I love Lynch as a RB, his style is a brutal one for him long term. I have a hard time believing that he'll be an effective back when he gets to his 30s.

And as for Gore, I know that SF has been saying that, but they have also done a relatively good job of not only keeping his carries down in most games, but he also throws up his fair share of stinker 13 for 16 type games now.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Why do professional players earn full time salaries and benefits yet only work part-time?