Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Damn Mario

46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

He was asked about parents poasting on SM crying about their kids playing time. His response was parents upset with playing time were free to come and pick up their son at anytime. Agreed.

Comments

• Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Sounds like you watch Miami press conferences?
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,481
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    On my list of shit that should have been a disaster in college football, Mario not being a dumpster fire at Oregon might be number one.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

On my list of shit that should have been a disaster in college football, Mario not being a dumpster fire at Oregon might be number one.

It goes to show how far having someone establish an offensive line will go in the PAC. Also, his recruiting chops were well established long before he got to Oregon. Most out here didn’t know because of the well established West Coast bias.
  • Options

Some pay attention to news. Some don’t. Slackjaw.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

Relax Fats, you know what I’m referencing. And if you don’t, you’re actually as dumb as I joke about
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

Relax Fats, you know what I’m referencing. And if you don’t, you’re actually as dumb as I joke about
    No, I got the reference. Slackjaw.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It goes to show how far having someone establish an offensive line will go in the PAC. Also, his recruiting chops were well established long before he got to Oregon. Most out here didn’t know because of the well established West Coast bias.
    Inheriting Hanson/Lemeiux/Throckmorton already with two years of starting and Herbert did a lot for him. I don't know how much I buy into the Mario recruiting mystique. I think he's always just been places that are willing to drop bigger bags than anyone else. That kind of helps.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Inheriting Hanson/Lemeiux/Throckmorton already with two years of starting and Herbert did a lot for him. I don't know how much I buy into the Mario recruiting mystique. I think he's always just been places that are willing to drop bigger bags than anyone else. That kind of helps.
    Lanning only winning with MC recruits MC can’t even recruit post of the day.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think Lanning only winning with MC recruits. Nix and Dillingham have been everything for him to me. Having Mario's offensive line of three year starter megaJAGS certainly has been nice, but if they have Thompson and Mario as OC, the Ducks are probably like 6-5 right now, at best.

And yes, I question MC's actual ability to recruit. His prowess was built up at Miami in the early-2000s where I'm sure they brought kids in and were like do you want cash and to party on yachts and in mansions with Bangbros models, then at Alabama where they have bags and could guarantee a kid they were going to win 2-4 natty while there. Then at Oregon where they were bagging kids hard before it became cool and legal. Now back at Miami and replace Bangbros models with Onlyfans models I'm sure.

Did he sign any five star recruits at FIU? I did eventually when I did a dynasty with them in NCAA Football 2005.
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

Shook.
  • Options
    Founders Club

46XiJCAB said:

Shook.
    Meltdown Mike, still fagging around with nothing to add. It’s a day that ends in Y.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2022

I don't think Lanning only winning with MC recruits. Nix and Dillingham have been everything for him to me. Having Mario's offensive line of three year starter megaJAGS certainly has been nice, but if they have Thompson and Mario as OC, the Ducks are probably like 6-5 right now, at best.

And yes, I question MC's actual ability to recruit. His prowess was built up at Miami in the early-2000s where I'm sure they brought kids in and were like do you want cash and to party on yachts and in mansions with Bangbros models, then at Alabama where they have bags and could guarantee a kid they were going to win 2-4 natty while there. Then at Oregon where they were bagging kids hard before it became cool and legal. Now back at Miami and replace Bangbros models with Onlyfans models I'm sure.

Did he sign any five star recruits at FIU? I did eventually when I did a dynasty with them in NCAA Football 2005.
    Well, you’re leaving out his recruitment of Sewell, but ok.

MC has been given a large share of the credit for recruiting the talent base in Miami that culminated in the 2001 and 2002 teams, which were loaded.

He then followed monkey boy to Rutgers, and brought in the talent that established their all-time high watermark. Again, Rutgers.

If you don’t think he can recruit, you don’t think anyone can.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well, you’re leaving out his recruitment of Sewell, but ok.

MC has been given a large share of the credit for recruiting the talent base in Miami that culminated in the 2001 and 2002 teams, which were loaded.

He then followed monkey boy to Rutgers, and brought in the talent that established their all-time high watermark. Again, Rutgers.

If you don’t think he can recruit, you don’t think anyone can.
    Fair fair. I'm willing to admit these are good points.

I don't think the guy can head coach or potentially OC for shit though. Hope he continues to embarrass himself at Miami.
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

Shook.
    Meltdown Mike, still fagging around with nothing to add. It’s a day that ends in Y.
    Ho ho! Shooooook.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    46XiJCAB said:

He was asked about parents poasting on SM crying about their kids playing time. His response was parents upset with playing time were free to come and pick up their son at anytime. Agreed.

Yet he’ll probably take cardwell….
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,548
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Oregon fans follow Mario news as a source of amusement.

Husky fans follow Oregon news for a much different reason.

If you’re honest with yourself, you’ll know that I’m right. It’s going to sting a little, but you’ll be a better person for it. Self actualization is the bedrock of personal growth.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

If you’re honest with yourself, you’ll know that I’m right. It’s going to sting a little, but you’ll be a better person for it. Self actualization is the bedrock of personal growth.

Sounds like you watch Miami press conferences.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,548
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

Sounds like you watch Miami press conferences.
    I record them