Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

520 traffic?

13»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Baseman said:

Alexis said:

Alexis said:

Jeezus. This has been beaten to death. But let’s do it again.

When I was a yute, I started going to games with my dad in the late 70s. Became a fan. Teams in the late 70 s, early 80s were usually good. Made me a fan for life. When it came time to pick a college, it wa a no brainer for me and my 3.6 GPA. Have kept season tickets since. Haven’t missed a game since.

Started taking my sons when they were kids. All teams in the early 2000s sucked. Youngest was still a big fan for some reason, even tho most of his friends weren’t. When it came time to pick a school, he and his 3.85 was not accepted to UW. So he took his fandom south to the bitchforks.

UW decided years ago that they wanted out of state tuition money and foreign students. It’s tough for the local meathead from South King County who is gonna hang around for the next 50 years in Auburn and Kent and would love football to be a fan of the school that told them to fuck off when they wanted to apply. And the Chinese engineering major either couldn’t give a damn about football, and if by some chance they do, they don’t hang around after grad.

Tyee used to be filled with car dealers and the like who would have 16 tickets and give them to buddies and clients. Now theyre the Microsoft couple who may or may not have better things to do that weekend.

TLDR but UW chose prowess academis and out of state tuition over football decades ago.

So not 520 traffic and Hamilton?

It almost as if you’re saying UW isn’t serious about football and we will be mediocre forever with occasional great years and occasional horrible years.
    Not necessarily. A good coach can still win here, Pete did. Deboner can. West coast football overall is pretty shit. Tallest midget still can get you top ten in the country.

What I’m saying is it’s not the fans fault. And drawing the still biggest crowds on the west coast for the most part is enough to win.

Are we going to be Alabama, or a few other schools down south or the Midwest. No. We’ve been in their league literally 2 or maybe 3 years since I’ve been alive. To say otherwise is a lie. The west coast is never going all in for college football. You know it. You just try to pin it on the fan base. I had a lot of fun this year. Never once did I think we were the best team in the country. Still went to 8 games. Call me a doog if you want. But if you’re waiting for rabid SEC fandom, you know it’s not going to happen. You just like to bitch about it. I like going to games so I do.

What I said was correct. Peterson represents the occasional great years (and still could get an NY6 win).

UW was once a great program. Is now generally mediocre with occasional great years and occasional horrible years. It didn’t have to be that way. It was a choice. Pretending like it’s 1990 every time UW gets on a bit of a roll is delusional.

This place has become nothing but Cool Ranch flavored Dawgman. All the Dawgman attitude without censoring cuss words.

Of someone showed you the most recent 20 year history of a team, without knowing the team, and it looked like this, what you think?

Is this a Clemson leveling up trajectory?
    I could live with this

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,007
    Alexis said:

When I was a yute, I started going to games with my dad in the late 70s. Became a fan. Teams in the late 70 s, early 80s were usually good. Made me a fan for life. When it came time to pick a college, it wa a no brainer for me and my 3.6 GPA. Have kept season tickets since. Haven’t missed a game since.

Started taking my sons when they were kids. All teams in the early 2000s sucked. Youngest was still a big fan for some reason, even tho most of his friends weren’t. When it came time to pick a school, he and his 3.85 was not accepted to UW. So he took his fandom south to the bitchforks.

UW decided years ago that they wanted out of state tuition money and foreign students. It’s tough for the local meathead from South King County who is gonna hang around for the next 50 years in Auburn and Kent and would love football to be a fan of the school that told them to fuck off when they wanted to apply. And the Chinese engineering major either couldn’t give a damn about football, and if by some chance they do, they don’t hang around after grad.

Tyee used to be filled with car dealers and the like who would have 16 tickets and give them to buddies and clients. Now theyre the Microsoft couple who may or may not have better things to do that weekend.

TLDR but UW chose prowess academis and out of state tuition over football decades ago.

I can’t disagree with anything here and it only makes Haie’s “pump my gas, I took STEM at UW” posts that much more amusing.

You chose foreign students and Chinese tuition dollars over local kids and lifelong fandom/regional ties to the university as a community, and the donor base has been steadily drained over the last 2 decades. UW graduates now want to work for 6 hrs a week in tech and post selfies of themselves with their cats on weekends instead of showing up at games. Sure, Garbage Bay is packed with 36’ SunDancers when the weather is nice, but it’s a much different scene on GameDay than when I was in school.

There are no more true diehards. The community that existed 25 years ago between UW and the Seattle area is gone and many of the passionate fans now, like Softy, didn’t even attend UW, because they couldn’t get in.

Guess what. Those people don’t really donate.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club

Alexis said:

Alexis said:

So not 520 traffic and Hamilton?

It almost as if you’re saying UW isn’t serious about football and we will be mediocre forever with occasional great years and occasional horrible years.
    Not necessarily. A good coach can still win here, Pete did. Deboner can. West coast football overall is pretty shit. Tallest midget still can get you top ten in the country.

What I’m saying is it’s not the fans fault. And drawing the still biggest crowds on the west coast for the most part is enough to win.

Are we going to be Alabama, or a few other schools down south or the Midwest. No. We’ve been in their league literally 2 or maybe 3 years since I’ve been alive. To say otherwise is a lie. The west coast is never going all in for college football. You know it. You just try to pin it on the fan base. I had a lot of fun this year. Never once did I think we were the best team in the country. Still went to 8 games. Call me a doog if you want. But if you’re waiting for rabid SEC fandom, you know it’s not going to happen. You just like to bitch about it. I like going to games so I do.

What I said was correct. Peterson represents the occasional great years (and still could get an NY6 win).

UW was once a great program. Is now generally mediocre with occasional great years and occasional horrible years. It didn’t have to be that way. It was a choice. Pretending like it’s 1990 every time UW gets on a bit of a roll is delusional.

This place has become nothing but Cool Ranch flavored Dawgman. All the Dawgman attitude without censoring cuss words.

Of someone showed you the most recent 20 year history of a team, without knowing the team, and it looked like this, what you think?

We’re just over .500!!!!!

124-117 is pathetic and the Gilby-Willingham years were atrocious.

Todd wanted to lose the right way.

Pool Boy seemed interested in winning but wasn’t quite sure how to do it before St Haden saved us.

Jen seems happy to be here and getting paid.

Damone is right that UW doesn’t care to put in the required effort to be good at football. Great if it happens and oh well if it doesn’t.
    B I N G O. UW AD and Upper Campus are content to get 8 wins a year, do it the right way and just wait for us next year.

Lake gave them the biggest get out of jail free card last year, and by all accounts Had JL had just owned his mistake and had a plan to not let it happen again, make amends, apologize, etc he would been back this year.

The numbers above speak for themselves. Add into it as others have said UW's decision to go after the out of state/country students and you get the crowds you see 70% of the time here short of the 02 Miami Hurricanes or 2010 Nebraska who bring 20k of their own fans.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
    edited November 2022
    UW is cursed or blessed with the ability to stumble into the occasional "great" season and then ride the fumes until another one pops

The tell is that there hasn't been a truly GREAT season. Just "great"

We'll see if DeBoer gets what he needs to give us a program that the NAIA can be proud of
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,545 Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Alexis said:

I can’t disagree with anything here and it only makes Haie’s “pump my gas, I took STEM at UW” posts that much more amusing.

You chose foreign students and Chinese tuition dollars over local kids and lifelong fandom/regional ties to the university as a community, and the donor base has been steadily drained over the last 2 decades. UW graduates now want to work for 6 hrs a week in tech and post selfies of themselves with their cats on weekends instead of showing up at games. Sure, Garbage Bay is packed with 36’ SunDancers when the weather is nice, but it’s a much different scene on GameDay than when I was in school.

There are no more true diehards. The community that existed 25 years ago between UW and the Seattle area is gone and many of the passionate fans now, like Softy, didn’t even attend UW, because they couldn’t get in.

Guess what. Those people don’t really donate.
    Go ahead and check out the UW undergrad count compared to lil shitty state schools like UO.

It's tedious that I even have to point this out but a school UW's size has room for both the foreign kids and the local die hards.

This is just uninformed crybaby quook shit.

"I don't personally know the 30's/40's Seattle alum base that donates so in my loser quook mind they don't exist."
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    chuck said:

Seattle goes nuts over any team with a regular oulse that can make a run every so often. Any franchise that can't draw fans, money, and rabud support just isn't doing it right

None of them do really. The 12s don't seem to go away though. The mariners are decent ince every five years and made their first playoff in 21 years, but still fill the seats every time they have a pulse.

Market the fucking program to the community. Block out 5000-10,000 cheap seats and move the students back. It can't be hard to fill the stadium. They just need to give up on filling it with alumni donors. It isn't going to happen.

There's allready 10,000 or more empty cheap seats on 2ndary market or scalpers, friends/family, etc avail just not thru UW

UW is trying with Boise/Tulsa by offering tickets in student end zone for $23 next season.

As you said UW AD caught in no man's land. To get it full they have to burn off and undercut the season ticket holders who bought them at full price.