Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2022 FIFA World Cup Predictions and Thread

1235»

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Argentina

I think it goes back to South America this year. Brazil and Argentina are so loaded, edge to Argentina. France is loaded, too, but don't play as well as a team (Mbappe is amazing but a team cancer). Germany is as good as always, but edge to the SA teams.

One thing I fully expect: USA will drop at least one game they shouldn't, struggle to score (who's the goal scorer on that roster?), struggle to get out of the group, and get absolutely ass-blasted if they do. It doesn't help that England went from underwhelming to peaking at just the right (for them) time. It's sad, as on the surface it looks like USA is loaded with young, talented internationals. Look deeper, though, and none of them are doing shit. Pulisic is being overshadowed at Chelsea and not even starting half their matches. Dest got dropped from Barcelona. Adams and Aaronson both start for a shitty Leeds team but haven't done anything lately. McKennie struggles to see the field at Juventus. Weah is battling injuries and working from the bench at Lille. Musah has 0 goals and 2 assists for Valencia in 11 games. Ream is doing surprisingly well at Fulham, but next to him you see Robinson getting abused in every game highlight.

First and right.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Argentina
    Shit throat right again
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    France
    I can't be mad, that was one hell of a match

Best soccer game and one of the best games of any sport that I've ever seen
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Other Euro team
    Well fuck. I just got spoiled right as the first 98 minutes ended lol. What a dumbass for coming here. Oh well. I'll still watch it.

I just came to complain about the 30+ minute lapses of retardation Argentina has every game.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,239
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Netherlands
    Argentina blew a 2-0 lead to Holland and 2-0/3-2 leads to France but held tough in PKs.

Impressive.

Mbappe in the process of snatching Goat from Messi.