Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Washington is the 2022 version of the Legendary Bad News Bears

TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
edited November 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board

The team that somehow gets better and plays above their heads to win the magical NY6 game at the end of the season.

It’s definitely going to help if Bruener and Ulo can suit up and play to turn our LB crew into an asset. The other two guys are
adding to the mystic of how can these guys possibly fucking win with that kind of defense, but ultimately, to make the magic
happen we need our better LB’s to finally be able to suit up.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    LB aint the gold standard or anything but the real problem has and continues to be the seconday. Cook is slow, Turner is soft, and the corners are literally Green.

Ulo being back is huge. Dude is just a playmaker.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Turner has actually been above average this year. Bucky Irving leads the p5 in yac and missed tackles forced. Good in coverage, solid in run support, etc. Needs to be a more consistent tackler but he saved like 3 touchdownson saturday.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    This isnt Oregon State you fag. We arent some plucky underdog, we have 2 borderline 5 star WRs that are playing like it and a top 3 QB in the country.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,135

This isnt Oregon State you fag. We arent some plucky underdog, we have 2 borderline 5 star WRs that are playing like it and a top 3 QB in the country.

You could almost say all three are elite. Right, fudgie?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,797 Founders Club

Turner has actually been above average this year. Bucky Irving leads the p5 in yac and missed tackles forced. Good in coverage, solid in run support, etc. Needs to be a more consistent tackler but he saved like 3 touchdownson saturday.

I said it in another thread. Turner and Cook seem to diagnose the plays well. This gives me a little Hope on Morrell as a coach. Cook is a limited athlete and is exposed in space and Turner just needs to meet ball carriers straight up, wrap both his long ass arms around guys and do the BBK gator roll to get guys onto the ground. Those diving shoulder tackles and swiping leg trips need to DIAFF. They don’t work.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,938 Swaye's Wigwam

I said it in another thread. Turner and Cook seem to diagnose the plays well. This gives me a little Hope on Morrell as a coach. Cook is a limited athlete and is exposed in space and Turner just needs to meet ball carriers straight up, wrap both his long ass arms around guys and do the BBK gator roll to get guys onto the ground. Those diving shoulder tackles and swiping leg trips need to DIAFF. They don’t work.
    UWs secondary is full of pussies that don't like to tackle. They showed it over and over in the preseason games. Guys were literally backing off of tackles and looking at each other like "I thought you had him".

They've tried to toughen up a bit, but guys who don't like to tackle try to do it by grabbing or tripping from the side. A lot of the poor angles and over runs look almost intentional to me. They aren't trying not to tackle, but they're trying ro do it without hard contact.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    chuck said:

UWs secondary is full of pussies that don't like to tackle. They showed it over and over in the preseason games. Guys were literally backing off of tackles and looking at each other like "I thought you had him".

They've tried to toughen up a bit, but guys who don't like to tackle try to do it by grabbing or tripping from the side. A lot of the poor angles and over runs look almost intentional to me. They aren't trying not to tackle, but they're trying ro do it without hard contact.
    Agree
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,094 Swaye's Wigwam
    As was mentioned earlier in this thread, the Bad News Bears didn't win shit until they went out and picked up Carmen Ronzoni, the righty arm they needed when Amanda Wurlitzer couldn't handle the heat of the playoffs.

Unless you are saying that our BPE is their Ronzoni, and you were actually referring to Breaking Training. If so, your analogy doesn't suck as much as I thought it did originally.