Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

To Chris Peterman's credit

13»

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam

Pete’s the second best corch in Huskie history.

Case closed.

He's 3rd
    Gil Dobie doesn’t count. Different era, too long ago.

No one here but @RaceBannon was alive back then.
    2nd is Lambo

Hi pup
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter

Case closed.

He's 3rd

2nd is Lambo

Hi pup
    Fuck you. Lambo is the worst thing besides Ty that happened to this program in my life time.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam

Case closed.

He's 3rd

2nd is Lambo

Hi pup
    Fuck you. Lambo is the worst thing besides Ty that happened to this program in my life time.
    whoosh
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,505 Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Canadawg said:

The jury is still out as to whether DeBoer's tenure at UW will best that of Pete's.

But one thing's for sure, a Peterman team (with comparable talent) would have never won that game on Sat.

2018 followed 70-21 and 38-3

UW was in position to take control back and shit the bed.

Henry missed the field goal but Petersen lost the game
    I'm not a fan of these oversimplified takes on coaches or players. Good coaches have kickers miss kicks sometimes
    Pete had a lot of kickers miss big kicks, esp at Boise
    Deboer needed Henry to be perfect to beat Oregon

2018 sucked, but 2019 was inexcusable
    With all the talent Pete had he lost to Meat. Twice.
    People forget Pete fucked away the 2015 game as well. At a minimum Pete should have been 4-2 against Oregon based on those matchups.
    Pete got the benefit of the doubt because he was Pete, but he fucked away a lot of games here.

Could just be a biproduct of never getting blown out and being in position to win more often than not, but Christ he could have been so much better.
    He always won a fuck load of games, which made those losses even worse
    Exactly. You can’t fire a guy that wins the pack .333 percent of the time. You just can’t.

Pete under achieved. The replacement was worse.

I don’t know what Stanford does with Smirk.
    I'm kind of in the minority here in that I don't hate Pete at all. I like him and overall he was a giant success.

2016 was special and without the playoffs, it's a juggernaut UW destroying PSU in the Rose Bowl. Yes we lost to PSU the next year, but '16 UW was an a whole nother level. Getting Bama in Atlanta was a bad draw, but even then the defense held Bama to 17 points.

How his tenure ended, though, was really sour. The whole not being excited for the Rose is borderline criminal. Handing the reigns over to Lake was neutral, people were even optimistic. The moment Donovan was hired was a grave digging move - Pete needed to talk Lake out of that and didn't.
    Pete was a great coach but his inability to get over the hump and win something big here really makes me all the more bitter about him quitting on the rose Bowel.

Doogles said:

Canadawg said:

The jury is still out as to whether DeBoer's tenure at UW will best that of Pete's.

But one thing's for sure, a Peterman team (with comparable talent) would have never won that game on Sat.

I'm not a fan of these oversimplified takes on coaches or players. Good coaches have kickers miss kicks sometimes

People forget Pete fucked away the 2015 game as well. At a minimum Pete should have been 4-2 against Oregon based on those matchups.
    Pete got the benefit of the doubt because he was Pete, but he fucked away a lot of games here.

Could just be a biproduct of never getting blown out and being in position to win more often than not, but Christ he could have been so much better.
    Exactly. You can’t fire a guy that wins the pack .333 percent of the time. You just can’t.

Pete under achieved. The replacement was worse.

I don’t know what Stanford does with Smirk.
    I'm kind of in the minority here in that I don't hate Pete at all. I like him and overall he was a giant success.

2016 was special and without the playoffs, it's a juggernaut UW destroying PSU in the Rose Bowl. Yes we lost to PSU the next year, but '16 UW was an a whole nother level. Getting Bama in Atlanta was a bad draw, but even then the defense held Bama to 17 points.

How his tenure ended, though, was really sour. The whole not being excited for the Rose is borderline criminal. Handing the reigns over to Lake was neutral, people were even optimistic. The moment Donovan was hired was a grave digging move - Pete needed to talk Lake out of that and didn't.
    Pete was a great coach but his inability to get over the hump and win something big here really makes me all the more bitter about him quitting on the rose Bowel.
    True, it sucked.

Just pointing out that for all prior UW coaches that team curb stomp wins a Rose Bowl and maybe even has an argument for a natty

Instead, they got Bama in fucking Atlanta. IDK if Don James is winning that nightmare matchup.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,189

Case closed.

Dobie and dong James disagree.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,735 Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Canadawg said:

He beat a lot of shitty teams.
    Worst era of Pac-10/12 play in decades.

I always used to ask Doogs, ok give me his biggest wins at UW? I'd hear a lot of Stanford, WSU and Utah comments. Get the fuck outta here if those are some of your biggest wins and you are considered an "elite" coach.
    gmo said:

Doogles said:

Canadawg said:

He beat a lot of shitty teams.
    Worst era of Pac-10/12 play in decades.

I always used to ask Doogs, ok give me his biggest wins at UW? I'd hear a lot of Stanford, WSU and Utah comments. Get the fuck outta here if those are some of your biggest wins and you are considered an "elite" coach.
    Dont forget 11-1 Boise State! Lmao