Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Winning The Key Plays

2»

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,600 Founders Club

Canadawg said:

I absolutely love the way he looks up at Cook after with the smug smile like he doesn't know how to react when getting manhandled like that

I'm actually shocked the horrific Pac 12 refs didn't call targeting there.

We were terrified
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,022
    Doogles said:

Cook's facemask essentially scraped the turf. It was clear ankle biting. If he's like 4" higher they probably call it.

The real no call heart attack was the potential late hit out of bounds on Oregon's final drive. They throw that they are in fg range 1st and 10 with at least two plays left in the bag.

When you say 'ankle biting', is that a euphemism for some type of dirty play or something? Or do you mean literal biting? It's not a rhetorical question (like 99% of the questions I ask here).
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

I absolutely love the way he looks up at Cook after with the smug smile like he doesn't know how to react when getting manhandled like that

When it happened I thought Nix was probably telling him that was a dirty hit. It wasn't. Nix got extremely low. Cook had to get lower.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,470 Swaye's Wigwam
    "Don't hit me low I can't break the tackle that way"
    -Nix
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,022
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Cook's facemask essentially scraped the turf. It was clear ankle biting. If he's like 4" higher they probably call it.

The real no call heart attack was the potential late hit out of bounds on Oregon's final drive. They throw that they are in fg range 1st and 10 with at least two plays left in the bag.

When you say 'ankle biting', is that a euphemism for some type of dirty play or something? Or do you mean literal biting? It's not a rhetorical question (like 99% of the questions I ask here).
    It's not dirty, spearing the knees is dirty.

It's when a smaller guy takes the lowest possible shot at a bigger guy to trip him up. Nix could have very well trucked Cook or broken a higher wrap-up attempt.

Cook made the right play. Look at 90% of Buddas highlights at UW, they are the exact same, he gets their fast and hits them below their base and takes them out before they can make a move.

Budda would have had 20+ tackles last night.
    So if he's 4 inches higher they call what?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,685 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

ZTF always hits people late and it almost cost that game
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,556 Founders Club

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

It's not dirty, spearing the knees is dirty.

It's when a smaller guy takes the lowest possible shot at a bigger guy to trip him up. Nix could have very well trucked Cook or broken a higher wrap-up attempt.

Cook made the right play. Look at 90% of Buddas highlights at UW, they are the exact same, he gets their fast and hits them below their base and takes them out before they can make a move.

Budda would have had 20+ tackles last night.
    So if he's 4 inches higher they call what?
    Targeting. Because they are P12 refs, which was the original comment I was responding to.
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 951
    Pretty sure Nix was giving Cook credit for that hit. He didn’t look mad
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,623 Swaye's Wigwam
    Winners win. Cook is a fucking daWg.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam

Pretty sure Nix was giving Cook credit for that hit. He didn’t look mad

Could be and I agree his expression was a hole in my comment. It looks more like he was calmly telling Cook that he had fucked up his leg.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861

The DAWGS are one blown field goal away from three straight at Autzen

Husky stadium south
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,369 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Credit to the Pac-12 crew for not taking over the game in those situations. I actually thought the illegal touching on Franklin was going to be taunting on him. Also credit for them not inexplicably overturning that call how I thought they were going to when they were taking so long.

Going empty backfield with Nix on that critical third down was kind of their version of the Kamari Pleasant wildcat on third in 2019. Made zero sense and it was obvious he was going to run it. Even if he doesn't he wasn't throwing well in tighter situations like that and UW I'm sure would much rather have him pass there than just hand off to a running back.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,367 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I'm actually shocked the horrific Pac 12 refs didn't call targeting there.

We were terrified
    I 100% thought they were gonna call it
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483

This was one long ass post, but ultimately a very good one. I hunkered down and got through it.

Took an adderal, had a coffee, strapped the readers on and still took a nap halfway thru once it all wore off. Just fucking around though, this was a good post and a good way of looking at a game I would have trouble explaining to someone else.