Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"Who would you hire to replace Romar, smart guy?"

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Throw the book at any one of those. Fuck.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Washington isn't a basketball school, Romar is the best UW could get. Plus he has earned his stay with a few sweet 16 appearances in the past decade. He is also really good with the blacks (a lot of doogs always try to imply this without saying it directly).

Romar is really good with the blacks, just like I get along with guys with huge penises. It's science.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Venoy Overton is tanned, rested, and ready
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Hard to recruit when your contract is up six years from now.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is the guy that took UW to it's only final 4 in history (61 years ago) available?

UW's a god damned basketball power.. (edit: UW doesn't give a fuck about being elite in basketball so this who thread is mute)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Washington isn't a basketball school, Romar is the best UW could get. Plus he has earned his stay with a few sweet 16 appearances in the past decade. He is also really good with the blacks (a lot of doogs always try to imply this without saying it directly).

I know you're being sarkastic, but what you said is the truth among most fans and the AD office. Do yourself a favor when it comes to UW basketball and say...Next.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm going to laugh when they unveil Romar as a Top 25 coach.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

I'm going to laugh when they unveil Romar as a Top 25 coach.

Can't imagine they'd put him top 25, but then I wouldn't think he wouldn't make the top 75 either. I would have guessed he'd have come in between 50-75.

No way he's top 25 though. Take all the screenshots you need.

• Options
    Unfortunately I don't have access to that place anymore to see the reaction ...

But either way, it's going to be exciting:

Not in the Top 25 (which means he's not in Top 75) = those of us that are convinced that the UW can do better than Romar (who has done a solid job of keep collecting 'dem checks in recent years) have further fuel regarding Romar's standing and the need for a change.

If he is in the Top 25, then the Romar Doogs will be busy slamming it in our face about how great he is and how we can't ever expect to have someone better than Romar at Washington and that the Butler Cabin FS way of thinking about the basketball program is the best that we can ever hope for.

If he is in the Top 25, I can tell you right now that I'd definitely rather have the following coaches on the list from 26-75:

Jamie Dixon, Archie Miller, Jim Larranaga, Tad Boyle, Phil Martelli, Rick Byrd, Buzz Williams, Bruce Weber, Chris Mack, Mike Brey, Richard Pitino, and Bruce Pearl. There's also at least a dozen names on that list that I'd consider to be at minimum lateral moves from Romar.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    My understanding is he could get to the Elite 8 and/or The Final Four if he just got the right draw like Oregon did back 10 or so years ago.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2014
    Bleenor told us nobody west of the Mississippi would want this job. Nobody.

Give me some names.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Unfortunately I don't have access to that place anymore to see the reaction ...

But either way, it's going to be exciting:

Not in the Top 25 (which means he's not in Top 75) = those of us that are convinced that the UW can do better than Romar (who has done a solid job of keep collecting 'dem checks in recent years) have further fuel regarding Romar's standing and the need for a change.

If he is in the Top 25, then the Romar Doogs will be busy slamming it in our face about how great he is and how we can't ever expect to have someone better than Romar at Washington and that the Butler Cabin FS way of thinking about the basketball program is the best that we can ever hope for.

If he is in the Top 25, I can tell you right now that I'd definitely rather have the following coaches on the list from 26-75:

All of them.

Fixed.
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

Bleenor told us nobody west of the Mississippi would want this job. Nobody.

Give me some names.

If someone like Buzz Williams is prepared to trade in Marquette for Virginia Tech ... then I'm pretty sure that you can lure anybody if you offer them the right vision and enough $$$

I'll take Gregg Marshall and sit back and listen to the Doogs try to tell me how Romar is better.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    60 years and counting. I'm sure turnaround is imminent.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I support Coach Romar.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I support Coach Romar.

He needs more time....or cock. I get confused.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

My understanding is he could get to the Elite 8 and/or The Final Four if he just got the right draw like Oregon did back 10 or so years ago.

60 years.....if UW could juuuuuust get the the right coach, schedule, and ncca draw I'm sure they could make it back to the final 4.