Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wilner still thinks UW sucks

TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
5. Washington (7-2/4-2)
Last week: 6
Result: beat Oregon State 24-21
Next up: at Oregon (4 p.m. on Fox)
Comment: Imagine the Huskies attempting to execute that drive under the previous coaching staff. Instead of going 92 yards for the winning field goal, they would have gone three yards in reverse for a safety to seal the loss.

6. Oregon State (6-3/3-3)
Last week: 5
Result: lost at Washington 24-21
Next up: vs. Cal (6 p.m. on Pac-12 Networks)
Comment: Switch quarterbacks, and the Beavers would have beaten UW by three touchdowns, if not four.

I chortled at his comment about UW. And if Beav should have beaten UW by three or four TDs, duck should win by six or seven. Amiright?

Comments

• MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,711
    TheHB said:

5. Washington (7-2/4-2)
    Comment: Imagine the Huskies attempting to execute that drive under the previous coaching staff. Instead of going 92 yards for the winning field goal, they would have gone three yards in reverse for a safety to seal the loss.

Comment: Switch quarterbacks, and the Beavers would have beaten UW by three touchdowns, if not four.

I chortled at his comment about UW. And if Beav should have beaten UW by three or four TDs, duck should win by six or seven. Amiright?

Did you graduate from Oregon?

Yournotright

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

5. Washington (7-2/4-2)

Yournotright

No and I figured as much. Just trying to understand the Wilner logic, which is probably not a worthy undertaking.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,806
    I don’t see where Wilner was wrong there.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,626
    Wilner sucks. Didn’t think I could dislike a sportswriter more than canzano.
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

5. Washington (7-2/4-2)

Yournotright

No and I figured as much. Just trying to understand the Wilner logic, which is probably not a worthy undertaking.
    Might as well anyway.

He’s saying if UW and OSU switched QBs OSU wins by 3-4 TDs because they would have Pennis and you would have Gulbrodson.

Oregon doesn’t have Guldorssaugn. They have Dix.

Ergo your math is way off unless you equate the Oregon QB with OSU’s.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    Lol, my reading comprehension was in a different place. I read that as OSU switching its own QBs.

Pardon me while I go douse myself in gasoline. I already lit the match.
    Baseman said:

Great reporting and debate, as always.

Hot and real take: If Peyton Henry makes the field goal in 2018 the Huskies win.

If Michael Jordan went to Washington and teamed with Schrempf and Welp, UW wins 1, probably 2 NCAA basketball championships

If Sark won more than 7 games, they wouldn't call him 7 win Sark

I think he’s complimenting Pennis. Not sure you need to be mad about this one.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,635
    Wilner is rightfully still suspect on the Husky Defense. Can't blame him, that ASU game was just awful.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

Hot and real take: If Peyton Henry makes the field goal in 2018 the Huskies win.

If Michael Jordan went to Washington and teamed with Schrempf and Welp, UW wins 1, probably 2 NCAA basketball championships

If Oregon had both Cam Newton and Mariotta they'd have won the Natty.
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Disagree
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    edited November 2022
    He’s not wrong. This is way better than his shitty COVID 19 takes.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,369 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2022
    ntxduck said:

Honest question. I won't name names but what about the Oregon fanboy "reporters?" They always pop up on Twitter with like grainy profile photos where they less fat than they probably are and I always assume they're just fans/trolls then am shocked to see they write for like The Oregonian or 247 or some shit and are supposed to be actually covering a program and not jacking them off.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,626
    edited November 2022

ntxduck said:

Honest question. I won't name names but what about the Oregon fanboy "reporters?" They always pop up on Twitter with like grainy profile photos where they less fat than they probably are and I always assume they're just fans/trolls then am shocked to see they write for like The Oregonian or 247 or some shit and are supposed to be actually covering a program and not jacking them off.
    247 dorks arent real reporters. Team site chuds aren’t real reporters. But yeah jhop and all those types are obviously terrible. Why do you think I’m here?

I’d throw fentress into the canzano bucket, too, although his takes are so hilariously bad he may just be trolling. #helfneedsmoretim
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

. Why do you think I’m here?

. #helfneedsmoretim
    You enjoy how miserable we are.
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

He saying OSU is the better all around team. It’s not that big of a deal and it was his take not mine.

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

He saying OSU is the better all around team. It’s not that big of a deal and it was his take not mine.
    It's always about you and thanks for the summary.

Even though I already absorbed Wilner's take, it's good to see your back in the arena after the epic opener. The IV and week of rest did wonders.
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Even though I already absorbed Wilner's take, it's good to see your back in the arena after the epic opener. The IV and week of rest did wonders.
    Ok because it didn’t seem like you had absorbed it, at all.

Next time I’ll let you rage post a little longer before I try to help.

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Ok because it didn’t seem like you had absorbed it, at all.

Next time I’ll let you rage post a little longer before I try to help.
    K. Thanks for the concern