Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Mid-Terms Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

We went from Pennsylvania needing a week to count to a big win for Fetters.

Whatever. The GOP has had one big night in my lifetime and that was with Reagan at the head of the ticket against Carter who Biden is trying to do worse than. And even then they blew most of the senate and house in 82 and 84 and by 88 ran Bush who lost to Clinton in 92

It's just not a party that connects. As @thechatch said the democrats can run cadavers and the voters do what the party says

I have no issue with Trump moving out and DeSantis taking the mantle but I also have no illusions that 24 is going to be much different

Voters don't care about the pocket book or inflation or independent energy. The democracy bullshit worked

The GOP needs to run candiates that the left and the media like and hope to win a few here and there and then do shit about the issues facing the country

Enjoy the decline Gen Z. You bought it. The dumbing down of education worked

It's hard to be positive about much and I get where you're coming from here. DeSantis won't change a damn thing. He'll just become the left's next target. Perhaps he's slightly less divisive than Trump but sadly I don't think it will matter. I have mine and it's time to start protecting it. I want so badly for the younger generations to have a shot at prosperity but they choose misery instead.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,967
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I want to have sympathy for people, especially younger people when it comes to affordability of housing etc. I think I’m done having that after these results. They actually want to be serfs. I’m going into libertarian labor thief and rent seeking overdrive from here on out. Going to exploit the hell out of the environment too.
  • Options
    Founders Club

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2022/11/09/mainlining-copium-n509448

Oz? What to say? He may be the one human being who could lose to Fetterman. He lost to Fetterman. A brain damaged man who can barely speak. Bolduc, about whom I have no opinion at all positive or negative, lost big to a Senator that at the beginning of the campaign was considered the most vulnerable.

That is some seriously bad candidate selection.

I am not among the Never-Trumpers. My problems with him are mainly with his personality–I have never liked the guy, but I would vote for him over any Democrat in a heartbeat. He was a great president until COVID hit. Far better than anybody but his biggest fans could have expected.

But politically? He obviously is not an asset to Republicans. His political judgment is terrible. And while he is apparently quite good at asking others to give support to his choices, he didn’t spend a lot of effort or money to help those candidates he chose himself.

I will have more to say about this when I have ingested more caffeine, but my takeaway from last night is that unfortunately we are facing a civil war in the Republican Party over Trump–exactly what neither the country nor the party need at this time.

America is in crisis. The world is in crisis.

And we will spend the next year fighting about Donald Trump.

Not sure you actually give a shit but who would you rather have running the country? Biden, Pelosi, Obama, Clinton, AOC or Trump, DeSantis, Jordan, Lee and Paul? Fuck, I actually had a hard time coming up with some true harcore conservatives with name recognition there. Race was always right about Trump. If he hadn't emerged, the Republican party was doomed by phonies like Cruz, Bush and McConnell. I liked Bush but he was run by insane men who raped the world for military profits. Do I need to even debate with you about how awful the RAT party is? FMFYFE if you think Fetterman and Hobbs are good for this country and 1 single person living in it.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2022
    In 20 years, Gen Z will still be blaming Trump and the 150 or so GOP congressional members and 40 or so Senators for how fucked up the country is.

We are headed for full on nanny state. Just need to try and make as much and save as much as possible before the FI tax rate climbs into the 50% territory.

The middle class/upper middle class are going to get CRUSHED along the way.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,265
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

The American people don't understand. OK. I guess we need to burn it down before people realize... by the way... it's halfway there

Things have just begun to get bad in the economy. Wait until rates are at 8-9%, unemployment starts going up, and we still have inflation while having deflation.

The dems can hold that bag going into 2024.
    Weird, this sounds like stuff that was said in 2020 about 2022.
    Lulz, please do go on. I'm sure a @MelloDawg economy take will be great.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    RoadTrip said:

Oz? What to say? He may be the one human being who could lose to Fetterman. He lost to Fetterman. A brain damaged man who can barely speak. Bolduc, about whom I have no opinion at all positive or negative, lost big to a Senator that at the beginning of the campaign was considered the most vulnerable.

I am not among the Never-Trumpers. My problems with him are mainly with his personality–I have never liked the guy, but I would vote for him over any Democrat in a heartbeat. He was a great president until COVID hit. Far better than anybody but his biggest fans could have expected.

But politically? He obviously is not an asset to Republicans. His political judgment is terrible. And while he is apparently quite good at asking others to give support to his choices, he didn’t spend a lot of effort or money to help those candidates he chose himself.

I will have more to say about this when I have ingested more caffeine, but my takeaway from last night is that unfortunately we are facing a civil war in the Republican Party over Trump–exactly what neither the country nor the party need at this time.

Not sure you actually give a shit but who would you rather have running the country? Biden, Pelosi, Obama, Clinton, AOC or Trump, DeSantis, Jordan, Lee and Paul? Fuck, I actually had a hard time coming up with some true harcore conservatives with name recognition there. Race was always right about Trump. If he hadn't emerged, the Republican party was doomed by phonies like Cruz, Bush and McConnell. I liked Bush but he was run by insane men who raped the world for military profits. Do I need to even debate with you about how awful the RAT party is? FMFYFE if you think Fetterman and Hobbs are good for this country and 1 single person living in it.
    Hahaha, what?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    thechatch said:

In 20 years, Gen Z will still be blaming Trump and the 150 or so GOP congressional members and 40 or so Senators for how fucked up the country is.

We are headed for full on nanny state. Just need to try and make as much and save as much as possible before the FI tax rate climbs into the 50% territory.

The middle class/upper middle class are going to get CRUSHED along the way.

And move to the Free Republics of Florida and Texas*.

*including their respective colonies of Idaho, Wyoming and North Dakota.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All I have to say to Gen Z is

Pay my social security duck

I had a good life in a free country. Still working and making bank Fuck off
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bob_C said:

I want to have sympathy for people, especially younger people when it comes to affordability of housing etc. I think I’m done having that after these results. They actually want to be serfs. I’m going into libertarian labor thief and rent seeking overdrive from here on out. Going to exploit the hell out of the environment too.

I have sympathy for my kids and others of the same mindset. Fuck the ones voting for MOTS. I don’t give a crap if they ever have a pot to piss in.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    hardhat said:
    He's dead -but will resurrect in the next few hours. Same with @aog.

Been there, done that.

• Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

hardhat said:
    He's dead -but will resurrect in the next few hours. Same with @aog.

Been there, done that.

@aog is still looking for the list of spies
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Maybe we underestimated how much misery voters on the left are willing to endure before they decide maybe voting D isn’t working. By the end of next year they may be getting there.

But Joey will want to send more FREE money and the House will be painted the bad guys when they oppose it. That’s the new world the Progressives want.

Next stop, Soylent Green.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,851
    edited November 2022
    Ya knew we were fucked when the Dominion machines all over the country had "problems". But they aren't connected too the internet. LOL
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Hahaha, what?
    Wut? I was asking for your help in explaining how this is possible. You posted an article blaming it all on Trump. So I'm asking you where the logic is? Without Trump there is no Ohio and Florida. Without Trump the GOP solution is McConnel, McCarthy and Rubio. Everyone wants to annoint DeSantis and he's great but the left will do exactly to him what they've done to every strong Republican. So where's the logic in dumping on Trump is all I'm asking.