Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If UW wants to make the most of DeBoer's talents, Jen Cohen has to step down at season's end

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,473 Founders Club
We need somebody aggressive and serious to lead UW in the new era of NIL

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

The culture of the athletic dept is our biggest problem. We need to buy a defense in both staff and personnel. Also could use a running back and qb.

I have zero confidence in the AD to give DeBoer the resources.
  • Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 992
    edited November 2022

I have zero confidence in the AD to give DeBoer the resources.

How much confidence do you have in DeBoer demanding his program be provided the resources to both recruit and retain players and staff at a Top 15-ish level?

Maybe, like upper campus and the AD, he's content going to the Honesty and Integrity Bowl in mid-December for the next five years if that's the ceiling for doing things the right way.
  • We need somebody aggressive and serious to lead UW in the new era of NIL

"If you're asking whether Washington athletic director Jen Cohen is qualified for the position (Pac-12 commissioner), then yes, absolutely."

Jon Wilner
    2/2/21
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Founders Club
    Reluctantly, IMO, we’re stuck with her
  • DNC said:

Dude's won championships.

I don't think he's going to settle for pretty good.

Let's hope so, but winning at Sioux Falls and overachieving at Eastern Michigan and Indiana is a long way from helping make the sausage at Georgia.

DeBoer is either naive on what it takes to win big or he's willing to play by Cauce-Cohen's rules, collect a nice check, coach alongside his buddies and peek at 9-3.

That's the ceiling with UW's current approach to recruiting
  • dannarc said:

DeBoner will ask, demand, and then LEAVE if he doesnt have the resources

Pray that you're correct.

Whatever it takes for upper campus and the AD to get the fuck outta the way
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,172

"If you're asking whether Washington athletic director Jen Cohen is qualified for the position (Pac-12 commissioner), then yes, absolutely."

Jon Wilner
    2/2/21
    tbh, would have helped UW, jenn gone and uw leaving the p12 anyway.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dannarc said:

DeBoner will ask, demand, and then LEAVE if he doesnt have the resources

Yep this is the most likely option.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    I was first and I was right!!!
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,535 Swaye's Wigwam

3:07am is the best time to have thoughts like this.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,507 Swaye's Wigwam
    Not gonna happen
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,427 Swaye's Wigwam

You want Petermen running NIL?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,635 Founders Club

You want Petermen running NIL?
    It's hard
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,364
    The fucking narrative of, " well, winning at Souix Falls and winning at a power 5 conference" is apples to oranges, is FS. There was one coach before DeBoner and none after him that even comes close to sniffing the same type of success, same at Indiana on the offensive side of ball, Fresno is meh now. I honestly don't think He takes the job at UW without them committing to winning. It's coaching suicide to come here and be a .500 coach. Cohen obviously wants to win and will point to softball, soccer, and rowboat as examples which are misleading and where she is missing the mark is not lumping gladiator sports in with Olympic sports. We need our own version of Uncle Phil to take charge, whoever the f that is..