Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pac-12 Bowl Projections: Oregon to Rose, USC to Cotton - For Now

Comments

• NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    IDK if anyone cares, but back in August Wilner listed the selection order "from the conference office" as:

Rose, Alamo, Vegas, Holiday, Sun, LA.
    Would seem to suggest getting the game with SEC moved Vegas up the pecking order a bit.

Anyone seen anything more recent from league orifice that puts Holiday back before Vegas in pecking order, as most of these projections seem to assume?

I don't see 3 of the current top 4 teams in league staying in Top 12 of rankings or whatever the requirement is, but 2 seems likely, so add a Cotton Bowl in there at #2.

EWIWBI
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,505 Swaye's Wigwam
    I would go to LA or Vegas just because I could for the day so easily and to see the new stadiums. Holiday 50/50. Would depend on the matchup being fun as opposed to playing Syracuse or directional MWC team. No way would I bother with the Sun and I'm not traveling to the Alamo to watch DeBoer channel Sark in a defensive collapse.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,470 Swaye's Wigwam
    The Holiday projections look alot more tantalizing than the Vegas matchups. Gotta get in the top 4 minimum
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2022
    The players don’t care nor should anyone else if it’s not the playoffs. Ohio state basically sent half of their jv squad on the field vs Utah last year and still beat the try hards in the rose bowl. This post season is pointless beyond watching for guys that may be good next year.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,679 Founders Club

The players don’t care nor should anyone else if it’s not the playoffs. Ohio state basically sent half of their jv squad on the field vs Utah last year and still beat the try hards in the rose bowl. This post season is pointless beyond watching for guys that may be good next year.

As a random example, a 9-3 UW team vs a 9-3 Oklahoma State team in the Holiday Bowl can be a fun time for its own sake. Good destination for the fans and two teams that had a good season.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter

As a random example, a 9-3 UW team vs a 9-3 Oklahoma State team in the Holiday Bowl can be a fun time for its own sake. Good destination for the fans and two teams that had a good season.
    If you want to travel to get out of town sure. All For it. I can’t pretend to care if i miss when penix and (insert names) sit out of whatever December bowl game vs some other team that finished 5th in their conference.

The bowl games have less and less meaning every year. Look at how many buckeyes sat out of the rose bowl. Or the key players in the sugar bowl last year. People are hanging on to something that isn’t there. Even if Utah would have won it wouldn’t have meant as much with the amount of starters that sat out for tOsu.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,368 Swaye's Wigwam
    If its Vegas, keep an eye on your inbox for location for the Hardcore Husky Bowl Orgy™.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,569 Standard Supporter

If its Vegas, keep an eye on your inbox for location for the Hardcore Husky Bowl Orgy™.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,679 Founders Club

If you want to travel to get out of town sure. All For it. I can’t pretend to care if i miss when penix and (insert names) sit out of whatever December bowl game vs some other team that finished 5th in their conference.

The bowl games have less and less meaning every year. Look at how many buckeyes sat out of the rose bowl. Or the key players in the sugar bowl last year. People are hanging on to something that isn’t there. Even if Utah would have won it wouldn’t have meant as much with the amount of starters that sat out for tOsu.
    You certainly make a good point here.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,711

You certainly make a good point here.
    Not a fan of the 12 team playoff but it’s going to save postseason CFB.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    The Atmospheric River Bowl brought to you by Umi Saki House is tonight, bitches.