Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ducks unsatisfied with output despite 42 points and 588 yards of offense

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2022
    They shouldn’t be. They were asleep the entire first quarter. Do that against UCLA, Utah, or USC, and they’ll get their asses kicked.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,546
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    They should have hung 60
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

They should have hung 60

How we went from “Cal makes everyone looks like shit” to calling the (arguably) most successful offense performance against a Wilcox Cal team in his 6 years, “shit.”
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

thechatch said:

They should have hung 60

How we went from “Cal makes everyone looks like shit” to calling the (arguably) most successful offense performance against a Wilcox Cal team in his 6 years, “shit.”
    USC will score more than 42, you can count on that

Cal also had a ton of injuries defensively, and it was more Oregon than Cal that held Oregon up early on.

Hutson's brutal drop

Nix short hopping an open Franklin on 4th down

Procedural penalties

Oregon cleaned things up obviously, but had they come out ready, Oregon probably hangs 50-55, while playing their second and third units for most of the second half.
  • Options

thechatch said:

They should have hung 60

USC will score more than 42, you can count on that

Cal also had a ton of injuries defensively, and it was more Oregon than Cal that held Oregon up early on.

Hutson's brutal drop

Nix short hopping an open Franklin on 4th down

Procedural penalties

Oregon cleaned things up obviously, but had they come out ready, Oregon probably hangs 50-55, while playing their second and third units for most of the second half.
    Cal averages less 9 first half points allowed, this season. Oregon scored 21, could have had 28 but they dropped a pass. Oh my goodness dear.

This awful website has brainwashed all of my cousins into a bunch of terror addicts.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was just happy that they escaped with a 28-21 win.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

Bo Dix won offensive player of the week in that shitshow we saw Saturday. Do these people even watch the gaymes? If he tries that shit again against Utah we’re getting our heads kicked in.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2022

46XiJCAB said:

Bo Dix won offensive player of the week in that shitshow we saw Saturday. Do these people even watch the gaymes? If he tries that shit again against Utah we’re getting our heads kicked in.
    By "he" I hope you're talking about Dillingham. Other than the throw to the TE in the endzone that he missed Nix played well. The two INTs weren't his fault and he kept plays alive with his legs all game. Going for it on 4th down and not picking up the first is what cost the Ducks points.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

By "he" I hope you're talking about Dillingham. Other than the throw to the TE in the endzone that he missed Nix played well. The two INTs weren't his fault and he kept plays alive with his legs all game. Going for it on 4th down and not picking up the first is what cost the Ducks points.
    Saturday was just a complete disaster.

Hope the Auburn rumors are true.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Oregon is a second quarter team, scoring over 140pts.

Less that 50pts. in the first quarter.

3rd quarter is over 80 pts.

67pts. in the 4th quarter, 29 coming when they were behind at WSU. Makes sense that this number is low when you're leading every game.

They're an very efficient middle of the game team. I never get to excited when their first quarter isn't producing a bunch of points. Like at Cal where their attention and intensity level was nothing like the UCLA game.

They're gonna kick Utah's ass this year.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

Oregon is a second quarter team, scoring over 140pts.

Less that 50pts. in the first quarter.

3rd quarter is over 80 pts.

67pts. in the 4th quarter, 29 coming when they were behind at WSU. Makes sense that this number is low when you're leading every game.

They're an very efficient middle of the game team. I never get to excited when their first quarter isn't producing a bunch of points. Like at Cal where their attention and intensity level was nothing like the UCLA game.

They're gonna kick Utah's ass this year.

Not sure about kicking Utahs ass only because I don’t totally understand Utah this year.

To your first point, in my mind, those numbers suggest this team is making crazy good adjustments against what they’re seeing from the other team in the first quarter and then wrecking them.

Noticed this trend 3 or 4 games ago.