Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

In fairness to DeBoer

2»

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Could have easily been up 17-0 at half.

There were three possible great games for UW, and they got stuck with the 25% chance of a shittily called game, and still won.

I'll take it.

But yeah, DBs getting sliced and diced by Jack "the snake" Plummer, would happen in every scenario.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,605

There were three possible great games for UW, and they got stuck with the 25% chance of a shittily called game, and still won.

I'll take it.

But yeah, DBs getting sliced and diced by Jack "the snake" Plummer, would happen in every scenario.

Though if UW had been up by 3 scores or more by the late 3rd / early 4th, it would have made Cal more 1 dimensional and made the pass D a little easier while allowing the pass rushers to pin their ears back earlier.

Regardless, the bye week comes at a good time for the D to fix some things. They can't fix everything because the personnel is what it is but they can do a better job of scheming to protect weaknesses. It also helps that, after the Beav game, UW has 8 days before going playing @ Oregon.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Regardless, the bye week comes at a good time for the D to fix some things. They can't fix everything because the personnel is what it is but they can do a better job of scheming to protect weaknesses. It also helps that, after the Beav game, UW has 8 days before going playing @ Oregon.

So you're saying the back seven will be tanned, rested, and ready?
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,788

What was encouraging about the game was the second half adjustments by the offense. What was not encouraging about the game were the second half adjustments made by the defense.

Agreed. Despite Rod Gilmore’s terrible explanation, I don’t understand why that was our offensive game plan for the first half.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

I'll take it.

Though if UW had been up by 3 scores or more by the late 3rd / early 4th, it would have made Cal more 1 dimensional and made the pass D a little easier while allowing the pass rushers to pin their ears back earlier.

One dimensional teams that throw on us do whatever they want.

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,788
    edited October 2022

HFNY said:

I'll take it.

One dimensional teams that throw on us do whatever they want.

It's better when they don't get too far behind and decide to throw it to catch up. Let them think they need to run to keep us "honest." The minute they go 2 minute offense through the air, we're? fucked.

As much as I hate that douche Lanning with his stupid "eat," millennial slogans, hand gestures, and tard tennies, we? need to steal his playbook strategy and steal some possessions. If we can't stop anyone - just go for the onside kick. Every single time. It doesn't matter if they go 80 yards or 45 yards. Teams will score on this defense. Steal a possession. Do what your previously did - go for it on 4th down. Almost every single time. Same logic. This team won't stop anyone. Why give the ball to them on purpose?

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,023

UW out-gained Cal by 170 yards, held them to 6-15 on third down, got the bullshit pick penalty that I swear only gets called against our Dwags to take 7 off the board and then missed a FG. That sort of adversity would have tanked a Pete or Sark led team. The phantom holding penalty when the boys were salting the game away was also a back breaker for Husky teams of the recent past. This team over came the bad momentum and won a game on the road against a team that’s won six in a row at home. Big step for Boner IMHO.

Sounds tailor-made for a Sark loss.
  • wobidbuswobidbus Member Posts: 308

I'll take it.

But yeah, DBs getting sliced and diced by Jack "the snake" the snack Plummer, would happen in every scenario.

FIFY