Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon's onside kick spurs victory over Chip Kelly, No. 9 UCLA

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2022
    All usual DWAG/Duck fuckery aside, this game marks the current ceiling for the new and mellowed out Chip Kelley IMO. He’s been there 5 yrs with the same massively gifted QB, has a stud at RB and some very good receivers and coaches at a program at which it is easy to recruit. All that and they’re lucky Chris Petersen wasn’t coaching the Ducks or they get a fifty+ Limburger hung on them. That never happens to Oregon Chip.

Lanning looks sharp and the kids - ILTCTTK - seem to want to play for him. Unless DWAG can get some serious pressure on Nix, it’s going to be a long day for the U. The on-side was ballzy.

I do note that Oregon still doesn’t have stripes on their pants, so in that respect both Washington and Cal still have an advantage. @Ballz
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

All usual DWAG/Duck fuckery aside, this game marks the current ceiling for the new and mellowed out Chip Kelley IMO. He’s been there 5 yrs with the same massively gifted QB, has a stud at RB and some very good receivers and coaches at a program at which it is easy to recruit. All that and they’re lucky Chris Petersen wasn’t coaching the Ducks or they get a fifty+ Limburger hung on them. That never happens to Oregon Chip.

Lanning looks sharp and the kids - ILTCTTK - seem to want to play for him. Unless DWAG can get some serious pressure on Nix, it’s going to be a long day for the U. The on-side was ballzy.

I do note that Oregon still doesn’t have stripes on their pants, so in that respect both Washington and Cal still have an advantage. @Ballz

I get the sentiment and somewhat agree but UCLA could win out, rather easily, and end up in the CCG.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Other than the onsides kick:

-UCLA's edge rushers kept making inside moves and Nix tucked and ran outside punishing them over and over.

-Chip Kelly was FS deciding to kick field goals.

-Bo Nix appears to be the best/most decisive runner of the "great Pac 12 QB's" and goes for more than just the first down marker and slide to preserve his health. That will ultimately be the difference between Oregon and the other 3 contenders.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    UCLA's D isn't good and the their D-coordinatorFS kept rushing 3 defenders on 3rd and long which was totally retarded.

UCLA's O-coordinator should have fed Zach C. more because Oregon's DL is pretty average.

I'm also not sure why UCLA didn't bracket Franklin more. UW will have to do that because Byron Murphy, Trent McDuffie, Kevin King, Kyler Gordon, Sidney Jones, etc etc ain't walking through the door anytime soon.

At least UW's pass-rush is looking up and they can bring pressure from both sides. UCLA only seemed to have Latu.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HFNY said:

UCLA's D isn't good and the their D-coordinatorFS kept rushing 3 defenders on 3rd and long which was totally retarded.

UCLA's O-coordinator should have fed Zach C. more because Oregon's DL is pretty average.

I'm also not sure why UCLA didn't bracket Franklin more. UW will have to do that because Byron Murphy, Trent McDuffie, Kevin King, Kyler Gordon, Sidney Jones, etc etc ain't walking through the door anytime soon.

At least UW's pass-rush is looking up and they can bring pressure from both sides. UCLA only seemed to have Latu.

Maybe, but Oregon has only given up 1 sack for a total of .5 yards combined all season.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

HFNY said:

Maybe, but Oregon has only given up 1 sack for a total of .5 yards combined all season.
    I'm too lazy to look up the Georgia box score but I guess it's possible to win big without having 1 full sack huh?
    HFNY said:

HFNY said:

I'm too lazy to look up the Georgia box score but I guess it's possible to win big without having 1 full sack huh?
    You don’t have to look it up. It’s 1 sack and very few that were close beyond that.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cal had the worst OL I’ve seen this year. #72 was a swinging gate to Plummer. Wilcox had to coax Greatwood out of retirement to come to the rescue. Any pressure by UW last night should be completely discounted.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2022
    HFNY said:

HFNY said:

Oregon’s offense wasn’t terrible that game. Their problem was that they didn’t have a single possession starting beyond their 25 yard line. They had over 300 yards and around 140 rushing on Georgia. Oregon’s defense absolutely killed them.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I guess to state the obvious, Oregon isn’t likely playing Georgia again, so I’m not sure these hot takes are relevant. Unless, that is, there’s an intended allusion to Georgia and Washington having something in common.
    HFNY said:

Washington will probably be fine then.