Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PGOS guarantees of the week - Vol. 2

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
edited October 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
Let's start off by pouring one out for @Sources, who unfortunately went all in on my CapriSun Lock of the Week™

The theory behind the legendary CapriSun Lock of the Week™ is that, this game SHOULD be a lock. Quite honestly. These threads do not contain financial advice.

The good news is - we can all root for Sources as he fights his way back up to lower middle class mediocrity. Maybe the guarantees of the week will help.

LAST WEEK'S RESULTS

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/100946/pgos-guarantees-of-the-week/p1

Overall 2-3
CapriSun Lock of the Week™ 0-1

Bert took care of Minnesota rather easily. @DerekJohnson and the Vols won on a last second field goal. The Cuogs suck and DeBoer needs to be fired if the DAWGS lose the Apple Cup. Kansas proceeded to give up 40 points and 5,000 yards in the first half to a team that scored 0 on Sark the week prior. The CapriSun Lock of the Week™ brand has lawyers on the ground in Lawrence. The mariners played two home games and scored zero runs.

However, if someone were to have hedged evenly across all picks, they came out ahead. Remember - the spread is for pussies. Usually.

THIS WEEK'S PICKS

#20 Texas @ #11 Oklahoma State (+6) - Sark is favored on the road at top 15 opponent with a pulse. This is an insane spread. Maybe I missed some news about Gundy retiring and all of the Cowboy's roster having the crud. Always bet against Sark here. Even if Sark wins this game, I'm betting against him from now on in every game like this - so long as he somehow remains a head coach. This is my retirement plan. I took Ok State +200 in a redemption effort for the CapriSun Lock of the Week™

#7 Ole Miss (+2.5) @ LSU - Lane Kiffin is tanned, rested, allegedly slept with Saban's daughter, and is winning this game +110. Brian Kelly & Brian Kelly aren't that good.

#14 Syracuse (+13.5) @ #5 Clemson - To Win is (+360)

#24 Mississippi State (+21) @ #6 Bama - One of either Syracuse or Miss State is going to win this weekend. Probably Syracuse. I really don't think Clemson is that great, they're going to drop a game somewhere. Might as well be to undefeated Cuse (who actually has a really good running back). Miss State +800 was too hard to resist. I give the Bulldogs a 5% chance of winning - but what the hell.

non football pick of the week

Seattle Seahawks (+5.5) @ Anaheim Chargers - The Hooks defense is improving and the offense is good. I don't know how you could've watched Denver vs an injured Herbert on MNF and not walked away thinking both those teams suck. Hawks win, got in at +230 and it's down to +190.

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,976
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022
    #MyBolts gonna win by 7- 10. Cook it.

Also the kids don't do CapriSun anymore. It's all about the Honest Juice pouches.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,496
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    *Inglewood Chargers
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,976
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022

*Inglewood Chargers

FML

I picked the worst teams as a yoot.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Broke. Still trying to recover from the dogshit Stonk sure thing. PGOS is the Wade Cook of the boreds. Cook was the guru of covered calls then real estate. Seminars. Fortunes and grubstakes went poof.

Caveat Emptor fellas...
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Broke. Still trying to recover from the dogshit Stonk sure thing. PGOS is the Wade Cook of the boreds. Cook was the guru of covered calls then real estate. Seminars. Fortunes and grubstakes went poof.

Caveat Emptor fellas...

Thanks for reading
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was surpised to see Okst has beaten Texas only 10 times ever....8 of those times were since 2010. Go pokes
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW beats Cal.

Oregon wins close against UCLA.

Oregon State destroys Colorado.

Stanford ASU is a pickem
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,077
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Chargers fucking suck.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    Founders Club
    I can't fathom how Texas is a favorite on the road against Okie St
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Sanders still likely has lingering injury issues … he started fast last week and then came crashing down to earth. Also likely some residual to a 2 OT game on the heels of defending over 100 snaps the week prior.

I’m not saying that the logic is right but those are the likely drivers
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Sanders still likely has lingering injury issues … he started fast last week and then came crashing down to earth. Also likely some residual to a 2 OT game on the heels of defending over 100 snaps the week prior.

Okay I hear that
  • Options
    You’re smoking some serious shit if you think Mississippi St is beating Alabama this week

This will be an Alabama blowout

Syracuse you’re likely going to wear some egg on as well
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,930
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

OK ST defense is terrible this year as well. Sark’s offense has some weapons but Sark is still the coach.

I’d put money against Sark until he proves he knows how to coach. Anyone doing so would’ve made lots of money since 2009.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,353
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah, I'm with Tequilla on Alabama. If Leach is within three TDs, Saban will spontaneously combust.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2022
    Tequilla said:

You’re smoking some serious shit if you think Mississippi St is beating Alabama this week

For a connoisseur of the 100 paragraph post, I figured you could at least read the line items on those games
  • Options
    Founders Club

#MyBolts gonna win by 7- 10. Cook it.

Disagree. Your Boltz suck
  • Options

Tequilla said:

For a connoisseur of the 100 paragraph post, I figured you could at least read the line items on those games
    Yes you said 5% chance at +800

You’re lighting money on fire similar to giving any money to Jen Cohen

You also said one of Miss St or Syracuse is going to win … probably Syracuse

Perhaps you should go re-read what you said
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

"You’re smoking some serious shit if you think Mississippi St is beating Alabama this week"

I dont think it's going to happen. I just like +800 if it somehow does
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,077
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Just fucking stop.