Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone interested in letting me take photo's of them for $50

huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,081
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Anyone else watch the Dahmer show on Netflix?

Also the Dahmer tapes?

Kind of interesting, the show was closer to the real thing than I'd thought. Obviously some changes. Guy gives whole new meaning to tossing ones salad.

ยซ1

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I refuse to watch it. It just seems exploitive of gruesome tragedies for the sake of entertainment. Plus it kind of immortalizes this guy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Yeah I watched it. Disturbing. Really something how easy it was to get dudes to willingly come take nudes for 50 bucks. It was like the FREE CANDY van for gays.

So you interested in $50 for some photos? I've got cigars and rolex watches in my apartment I can show you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022

I refuse to watch it. It just seems exploitive of gruesome tragedies for the sake of entertainment. Plus it kind of immortalizes this guy.

He wasn't already? There definitely is a curiosity around serial killers. I actually think the show did a good job of portraying the victims, while diving into the psychosis of the guy who did it. Again I'd recommend also watching the Dahmer tapes, where defense and prosecuting attorney's are interviewed, as well as people close to the victims and Dahmer. Again, I think what makes it most appealing is the look into the psychological side. BTW something I learned is Dahmer was a Buckeye.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

He wasn't already? There definitely is a curiosity around serial killers. I actually think the show did a good job of portraying the victims, while diving into the psychosis of the guy who did it. Again I'd recommend also watching the Dahmer tapes, where defense and prosecuting attorney's are interviewed, as well as people close to the victims and Dahmer. Again, I think what makes it most appealing is the look into the psychological side. BTW something I learned is Dahmer was a Buckeye.
    I don't know, it just seems like there's a paucity of docs/films that are "better" for us or more inspiring than the crap being churned out en masse. When I watched 16 episodes of My Mister I felt like I came away with something really profound, as an example.

I'm kind of a hypocrite in that I read all the Ted Bundy books when I was younger. There's a doc on Netflix about him that I want to watch yet don't feel okay about watching, for the reason mentioned above.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This mirrors my sentiments.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Probably ignorant of me to say, but nothing about Dahmer intrigues me to want to learn more. I know what happened. The guy was a literal form of Satan on Earth. The end.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Probably ignorant of me to say, but nothing about Dahmer intrigues me to want to learn more. I know what happened. The guy was a literal form of Satan on Earth. The end.
    A malformed soul as Steinbeck used to say.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The take away from Dahmer is as old as time. Serial killers pick on the people the cops don't give a fuck about. Bundy took white college girls. Big mistake. Green River Killer took sex workers which became the Nick Holt blueprint

This is what Mrs. Snow's takeaway was as well. She was in a fit of rage against the cops on this one.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Anyone else watch the Dahmer show on Netflix?

Also the Dahmer tapes?

Kind of interesting, the show was closer to the real thing than I'd thought. Obviously some changes. Guy gives whole new meaning to tossing ones salad.

Mrs Snow was obsessed with this show recently. I refused to watch.

@Swaye Mrs Snow is convinced my loser neighbor across the street who lives the BearsWiin lifestyle is a secret Dahmer clone. Basically, we don't know what he does all with no job and a 1 kid in full time day care. She thinks he's in there cutting up the bodies. I tell her Old Betsy has plenty of #4 Buck Shot (shout out to @LoneStarDawg ) in the tube to keep us safe.
    I concur. I generally find that genre depressing. Mrs. Creep fucking loves true crime shit; I frankly don't, and the gruesome serial killer stuff has always bothered me a bit. I remember when Wesley Allen Dodd was doing his thing right around the time I had my first kid ... the whole fucking story of what he did to 6-year old Lee Iseli literally almost sent me into a depression. I know, I'm not a real tough guy like @Kingdome_Urinals has pointed out. I'm soft, what can I fucking say?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

A malformed soul as Steinbeck used to say.
    Higha-level academis prowess potd