Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Game Experience for those who prefer to watch in HD....DRECKFEST

The McDoogersons always put on a top notch tailgate. The theme for yesterday was breakfast. The Doogersons are not upper crust folks so we kept it simple by cooking sausage, bacon, "tater-tot" hashbrowns, and eggs on the Blackstone griddle. ProTip(tm) - Tater-tot hashbrowns are the bomb. One of our tailgate-mates, RapeCultureDawg brought biscuits, gravy, and chorizo just to spice things up. The young McDoogerson's were on "Shot Duty" and brought some peanut butter and chocolate whiskey that was paired with some other bottle (don't recall). The shot was not memorable.

A few notes on the tailgating experience:
- The parking attendants in E1 still don't know what the fuck they're doing and they try to get you to park in unreasonable parking spaces with no room for your shit. This is frustrating that they can't get their shit together, but if you're persistent, they will eventually walk away and you are left to your own devices.
- The parking attendants in our area had people facing opposite directions in the same row and this created chaos. Again, this is not fucking hard.

Getting into the game
- No real issues today. If you're an idiot who doesn't download their tickets until you get in line, fuck you. You're holding us all up while your phone competes with 1000s for cellular data.
- Athletic department - SOME OF US LIKE OUR PAPER TICKETS. I even have a few old ones from memorable games. Mobile tickets are less efficient for entry.

Homecoming festivities and other Woke Bullshit
Led, of course, by CowSay, what Husky event would be complete without a 100% commitment to wokeness. They took homecoming which means so much to so many of all genders and turned it into a 100% salute to women. Yeah it was the 50th anniversary of Title VIII but come on.

Of course, the athletic department had to also celebrate other diversity and inclusion initiatives as well:

The big problem with this was likely balance. I'm all for recognizing title VIIII and other things, but how about throwing a bone or 2 on homecoming to the men in the crowd. It was seriously a fucking non-stop onslaught. I was shocked we weren't handed out "I stand with Ukraine" flags or that Patty Murray wasn't honored at halftime.

Husky Marching Band
Not memorable. They sound OK, but honestly there is no out of the box thinking going on and no innovation. Do something cool for once.

Helmet Car
What's the fucking point here? He goes back and forth behind the end zone at 1mph. Do something more aggressive with the helmet car. Have him drive right down the field at 15mph after a score with Harry hanging out the window. It's totally lame.

Mariners Game

The Mariners were playing a pretty big game yesterday. On 2 or 3 occasions, they cut to the live feed to show 30-seconds or so before some other ad or useless shit was flashed on the jumbotron. In pure genius they cut to the game with Julio up, tied 0-0, and cut away after 2 pitches mid-at-bat. A chorus of boos reverberated around the stadium. People realized the mariners game was on the concession tvs so the crowd exited their seats and the concourses were full of fans watching the M's. I stayed in my seats except for when I had to take a dump.

Pac-12 officiating
The Pac-12 officials make the games almost unwatchable in person. Blown calls, ticky-tack calls, and baffling use of replay that can go on and on and on. The overturn of the incomplete pass in the end-zone by Arizona was absolutely baffling frankly. There was one drive where 4-5 plays in a row were sketchy and all went against Washington. I doubt most of the shit the refs do or call gets called in other conferences. Pac-12 has been horrible for a long time. It's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to a new conference.

Outlook for rest of season
  • Cal - Win. They just aren't good. It will be a shootout like the Arizona game but will? prevail.
  • OSU - Win. This may be controversial but their offense is conservative. We? get torched in the air and play serviceable run defense. We win a close one, but score 30 or more. OSU has a good defense but we've got a big Penix.
  • Oregon - gonna be ugly. Loss. Blowout.
  • Colorado - Win. Colorado is horrible and it's at home. They can't stop us.
  • WSU - Loss. Both teams score more than 40 points. Game will be won by who has the ball last.
8-4 and onto a bowel game.

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,558 Swaye's Wigwam
    We're not losing to cuoug.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon will win by 25+
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,605
    Men make up only 40% of college graduates and it’s getting worse.

Not sure when we went from supporting women’s causes to rubbing everyone’s noses in it but here we are.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    UW can't show how socially in touch they are every chance they get.

I pegged crowd at around 40k peak mid 1st qtr. Student section looked good again as it has for the last few years. Had game kicked off at 2:30 instead of ten minutes later when scheduled there would have been 30k seated.

UW had to know how many people were trying to follow M's on phones and yet wouldn't/couldn't cut into game except for a couple of times. At least have the PA give updates during stoppages in play. It's not that hard.

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,526 Standard Supporter
    Title IX, 50 more years of having men pay for your shit.
  • SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 572 Standard Supporter
    That Woke shit is disturbing. UW is going to lose fans because of it.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,724
    If you are going to bash the helmet car then I'm out
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,724
    edited October 2022

Lincoln Kennedy
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,995
    edited October 2022

The McDoogersons always put on a top notch tailgate. The theme for yesterday was breakfast. The Doogersons are not upper crust folks so we kept it simple by cooking sausage, bacon, "tater-tot" hashbrowns, and eggs on the Blackstone griddle. ProTip(tm) - Tater-tot hashbrowns are the bomb. One of our tailgate-mates, RapeCultureDawg brought biscuits, gravy, and chorizo just to spice things up. The young McDoogerson's were on "Shot Duty" and brought some peanut butter and chocolate whiskey that was paired with some other bottle (don't recall). The shot was not memorable.

A few notes on the tailgating experience:
    - The parking attendants in E1 still don't know what the fuck they're doing and they try to get you to park in unreasonable parking spaces with no room for your shit. This is frustrating that they can't get their shit together, but if you're persistent, they will eventually walk away and you are left to your own devices.
    - The parking attendants in our area had people facing opposite directions in the same row and this created chaos. Again, this is not fucking hard.

Getting into the game
    - No real issues today. If you're an idiot who doesn't download their tickets until you get in line, fuck you. You're holding us all up while your phone competes with 1000s for cellular data.
    - Athletic department - SOME OF US LIKE OUR PAPER TICKETS. I even have a few old ones from memorable games. Mobile tickets are less efficient for entry.

Homecoming festivities and other Woke Bullshit
    Led, of course, by CowSay, what Husky event would be complete without a 100% commitment to wokeness. They took homecoming which means so much to so many of all genders and turned it into a 100% salute to women. Yeah it was the 50th anniversary of Title VIII but come on.

Of course, the athletic department had to also celebrate other diversity and inclusion initiatives as well:

The big problem with this was likely balance. I'm all for recognizing title VIIII and other things, but how about throwing a bone or 2 on homecoming to the men in the crowd. It was seriously a fucking non-stop onslaught. I was shocked we weren't handed out "I stand with Ukraine" flags or that Patty Murray wasn't honored at halftime.

Husky Marching Band
    Not memorable. They sound OK, but honestly there is no out of the box thinking going on and no innovation. Do something cool for once.

Helmet Car
    What's the fucking point here? He goes back and forth behind the end zone at 1mph. Do something more aggressive with the helmet car. Have him drive right down the field at 15mph after a score with Harry hanging out the window. It's totally lame.

Mariners Game

The Mariners were playing a pretty big game yesterday. On 2 or 3 occasions, they cut to the live feed to show 30-seconds or so before some other ad or useless shit was flashed on the jumbotron. In pure genius they cut to the game with Julio up, tied 0-0, and cut away after 2 pitches mid-at-bat. A chorus of boos reverberated around the stadium. People realized the mariners game was on the concession tvs so the crowd exited their seats and the concourses were full of fans watching the M's. I stayed in my seats except for when I had to take a dump.

Pac-12 officiating
    The Pac-12 officials make the games almost unwatchable in person. Blown calls, ticky-tack calls, and baffling use of replay that can go on and on and on. The overturn of the incomplete pass in the end-zone by Arizona was absolutely baffling frankly. There was one drive where 4-5 plays in a row were sketchy and all went against Washington. I doubt most of the shit the refs do or call gets called in other conferences. Pac-12 has been horrible for a long time. It's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to a new conference.

Outlook for rest of season

• Cal - Win. They just aren't good. It will be a shootout like the Arizona game but will? prevail.
    • OSU - Win. This may be controversial but their offense is conservative. We? get torched in the air and play serviceable run defense. We win a close one, but score 30 or more. OSU has a good defense but we've got a big Penix.
    • Oregon - gonna be ugly. Loss. Blowout.
    • Colorado - Win. Colorado is horrible and it's at home. They can't stop us.
    • WSU - Loss. Both teams score more than 40 points. Game will be won by who has the ball last.
    8-4 and onto a bowel game.
    Great report. I haven’t been to a game in 4 years or so. I also like the TT hashbrowns tip. So obvious but never thought of it. Have you ever tried to make those fucking things from scratch? It’s a bitch.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,995

Lunatic gripe, but I was in The Zone before the game and you can't see the countdown to kick off clock in the stadium from The Zone and they have no clocks in there. So even though I know kickoff is scheduled for 2:30 I also know they won't actually kick for 10-15 minutes and it would be nice to know when it actually is.

I thought putting the Mariners on the big screen was an awful idea. I really wanted to see that game but you can't do that to the players, honestly to Arizona as well. It's pretty shitty to signal everyone to not watch the game. This was also happening when Arizona was making their comeback.

76 innings didn’t help.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,386 Swaye's Wigwam
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,558 Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

Title IX, 50 more years of having men pay for your shit.

Yep, UW has no choice but to support football if they wanna keep hammering this shit into everyone's skulls.

Didn't mind the Danielle Lawrie stuff this week though. Winners win.
  • NCDaWg38NCDaWg38 Member Posts: 115
    Been doing TT hash browns for decades! Seriously, they are so much better than regular hash browns.