Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DeBoer vs Lake

CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,704
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
One was a defensive coach with a absolutely shitty offense and a defense that couldn’t stop the run.

The other is an offensive coach with an absolutely shitty defense and an offense that can’t run the ball.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,682
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There was a podcast on this inspired by the Keith Price offense being joined by the Wilcocks defense after Holt that was going to save Sark and the DAWGS

The little boy with his finger in the dyke

One gets fixed and the other sucks
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,261
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

There was a podcast on this inspired by the Keith Price offense being joined by the Wilcocks defense after Holt that was going to save Sark and the DAWGS

The little boy with his finger in the dyke

One gets fixed and the other sucks

"It's whack-a-mole on Montlake!" -- @iDawg
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

One was a defensive coach with a absolutely shitty offense and a defense that couldn’t stop the run.

The other is an offensive coach with an absolutely shitty defense and an offense that can’t run the ball.

Imagine a lake offense with this personnel on defense and our safeties 25 yards deep. Would be a great combination.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Imagine a lake offense with this personnel on defense and our safeties 25 yards deep. Would be a great combination.
    Oh my god.

Opposing qb comes off field after 2nd td in 1st quarter and says to his OC "why are we always calling run plays" to which he says b/c we can get 6 yards whenever we want.

QB says, "but coach we can get 12 whenever we want by throwing it"

Sitting in stands yesterday I wondered if JL had gotten year two, didn't have Penix, changed OC's who ran more traditional offense what the record would be?

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disagree about running the ball. The most unacceptable thing with this offense is forcing fucking Taulapapa on every snap. He's the worst back on the team by far.

Adams just starts getting snaps yesterday and looks much better. Staff is doing the Pete thing where a less talented player gets to start because of some retarded practice shit.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022
    haie said:

Disagree about running the ball. The most unacceptable thing with this offense is forcing fucking Taulapapa on every snap. He's the worst back on the team by far.

Adams just starts getting snaps yesterday and looks much better. Staff is doing the Pete thing where a less talented player gets to start because of some retarded practice shit.
    Couldn't agree more. Adams showed some explosiveness, at least equal to Cam Davis, but also some toughness and aggression. He should be the feature guy imo.

Tualapapa doea a couple of things well. He picks up the blitz, he catches the ball. That's about it.

Davis runs with way more power inside than papa and has way more speed when he does get out in space...provided one of the hash marks doesn't trip him or he doesn't just run into someone. I swear he's running with his eyes closed most of the time.

I still like Nixon. Not sure why he's not out there more at least as a receiver. If everyone else got hurt and UW relied on Adams and Nixon to finish the season I'd be fine with it.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

Couldn't agree more. Adams showed some explosiveness, at least equal to Cam Davis, but also some toughness and aggression. He should be the feature guy imo.

Tualapapa doea a couple of things well. He picks up the blitz, he catches the ball. That's about it.

Davis runs with way more power inside than papa and has way more speed when he does get out in space...provided one of the hash marks doesn't trip him or he doesn't just run into someone. I swear he's running with his eyes closed most of the time.

I still like Nixon. Not sure why he's not out there more at least as a receiver. If everyone else got hurt and UW relied on Adams and Nixon to finish the season I'd be fine with it.
    If they run it with Davis and Adams in the second half then Arizona doesn't even have a chance to make it close. UW scored two touchdowns so quick it only took like 3 minutes off the 3rd quarter. There's too much game left against those receivers.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

If they run it with Davis and Adams in the second half then Arizona doesn't even have a chance to make it close. UW scored two touchdowns so quick it only took like 3 minutes off the 3rd quarter. There's too much game left against those receivers.
    There are a lot of comments about them not being able to run. I disagree. I think they could've run all day yesterday, but Grubb apparently doesn't see it and thinks they need cute gadget running plays.