Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ok Negas

Comments

• SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 572 Standard Supporter

The wheels have only been on as much as a JAFCO shopping cart.

I loved the JAFCO in Everett as a kid. Great toy section.
    Bought an electric typewriter there long ago. I guess I'm old.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,526 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2022
    doogville said:

Despite how Nega I sounded on the podcast, I'm still letting it play out. That said, Saturday is a damn near must win game against fucking Arizona. Lose and there's a chance the wheels come off.

For a gleaming moment I thought there might be a complete turnaround under Deboer and compete to win a crappy Pac-12.
    I'm now back to reality and eight or nine wins is probably a realistic goal with hopefully an upset over Oregon somehow in there. The best teams in the Pac-12 are all better than I thought they would be and that's part of it.

The offense is watchable for the first time in a long time. As much as it sucks to trade terrible offense for terrible defense I'd still rather watch this and feel like they have a better chance to win games than if it was all defense and the game was over once they got behind.

I don't feel like they would be doing any better with Campbell or Wilcox.

Oregon, at Autzen, is gonna to slaughter UW. That is a guaranteed L.
    Never underestimate Oregon's ability to give up 40+, including throwing the snap over the head of the QB on 1st and goal from the 1 for a 99 yard fumble return, or to fumble the ball when all they had to do was take a knee, and then give up a 30 second 75 yard game losing drive, or have three 7 yard punts in 1 game, or have 225 penalty yards in 1 game, or to miss 2 FGs and give up 300 kick return yards, or to have 2 punts blocked and give up an onside kick, or to lose 6 straight games because the starting QB is out with an infected hangnail and the backup QB lost the dr pepper halftime competition to a 12 year old girl.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

I personally preferred winning 27-21 games under pete than losing these Big 12 style shootouts where your only chance is being perfect on offense. Defense is fun and I'm not afraid to say it

Pete lost a lot of low scoring games he shouldn’t have. Not saying DeBoer will end up being better long term. Don’t twist.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter

The wheels have only been on as much as a JAFCO shopping cart.

How long you been waiting to roll out that line?
    chinspiration comes when it may
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,384 Swaye's Wigwam

dtd said:

doogville said:

Despite how Nega I sounded on the podcast, I'm still letting it play out. That said, Saturday is a damn near must win game against fucking Arizona. Lose and there's a chance the wheels come off.

For a gleaming moment I thought there might be a complete turnaround under Deboer and compete to win a crappy Pac-12.
    I'm now back to reality and eight or nine wins is probably a realistic goal with hopefully an upset over Oregon somehow in there. The best teams in the Pac-12 are all better than I thought they would be and that's part of it.

The offense is watchable for the first time in a long time. As much as it sucks to trade terrible offense for terrible defense I'd still rather watch this and feel like they have a better chance to win games than if it was all defense and the game was over once they got behind.

I don't feel like they would be doing any better with Campbell or Wilcox.

Oregon, at Autzen, is gonna to slaughter UW. That is a guaranteed L.
    Never underestimate Oregon's ability to give up 40+, including throwing the snap over the head of the QB on 1st and goal from the 1 for a 99 yard fumble return, or to fumble the ball when all they had to do was take a knee, and then give up a 30 second 75 yard game losing drive, or have three 7 yard punts in 1 game, or have 225 penalty yards in 1 game, or to miss 2 FGs and give up 300 kick return yards, or to have 2 punts blocked and give up an onside kick, or to lose 6 straight games because the starting QB is out with an infected hangnail and the backup QB lost the dr pepper halftime competition to a 12 year old girl.
    Does Oregon throw pick-sixes off their own lineman's head? Does Oregon finally catch a break and get a big boy interception only to have a 120 lb. quarterback dislodge it from a 320 lb. guy? Does Oregon somehow lose 30 penalty yards on one play? Does Oregon fumble a snap for a 30 yard loss on the second to last play of a loss against a 4-1 team with no coach and a backup quarterback? Has Oregon won a road game?

Your team's little imperfections are so cute.
    No trigger warning?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Outside of a total collapse the rest of the way, I'll still whore for Deboer.

But unless the defense does a hard 180 between now and December, I expect a minimum two offices getting cleaned out, preferably five. I can tolerate a coach who is dragged down by shitty assistants provided that he can rectify the mistake. And not on a LIPO, three year timeline.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Canadawg said:

I personally preferred winning 27-21 games under pete than losing these Big 12 style shootouts where your only chance is being perfect on offense. Defense is fun and I'm not afraid to say it

You preferred winning over losing. Odd.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,384 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

You preferred winning over losing. Odd.
    Other people here got tired of good defenses with slightly below average offenses
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    imagine how bad michigan state is
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,594
    phineas said:

4th best team in the big ten, buddy
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,526 Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

phineas said:

4th best team in the big ten, buddy
    I hope we? get them in the Rose Bowl!!
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited October 2022
    Y’all had no defense last year. Not much of an offense either. Offense is much better but defense is wearing out against PAC 12 competition. Year one doesn’t really matter. As long as you have younger guys that get better. And then you keep them and suggest transfer to the others as you bring in moar of your guysm.

The new transfer rule will eventually have a double edge to it. Most schools only guarantee a one year scholarship as well.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    Kaepsknee said:

Y’all had no defense last year. Not much of an offense either. Offense is much better but defense is wearing out against PAC 12 competition. Year one doesn’t really matter. As long as you have younger guys that get better. And then you keep them and suggest transfer to the others as you bring in moar of your guysm.

The new transfer rule will eventually have a double edge to it. Most schools only guarantee a one year scholarship as well.

deboer has been playing a ton a true freshmen for this reason. de Laura is putting 50 on us this week though cook it
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,552 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022
    If you count 4th down stops UW was something like 2-6 on turnovers the past 2 weeks. Two of those turnovers are on the staff for the jet sweep and toss plays. The other ones were poor decisions by Penix.

We're probably not going 2-6 for the remaining home games and the DLine will play better again against these shitty OLines coming into Seattle.

Also this team runs it well enough to stop the 50 pass plays bullshit. Penix can't throw deep well enough to throw it that many times.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    chuck said:

Kaepsknee said:

It's obvious this team has very few quality players, the kind who would start on most too 25 teams. There isn't a single secondary player, and no inside linebackers. Perhaps one of the edge guys would, but most teams have at least one interior DL as good as Tuli L, uw's best DT.

Talent wise the D is weaker at every position than it has been since 2014. There isn't a single standout or explosive player.

The offense has way more guys, everywhere but running back, and it's unsurprisingly better.

I'm all for a good offseason, staff firing program. It's just a bandaid though. They either need to figure out where to get FBS caliber athletes, especially in the secondary, or it's not going to matter who the coaches are.
    In Jimmys last year we gave a second string high school corner a scholarship because we were smarter, evaluate and develop better. A second string high school corner.