Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ok Negas

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First year coach inherits a 6-6 team and goes 2-6 the first year...That would be Nick Saban in his first year at Bama.

First year at LSU he took a 3-8 team and won 8 games.

Not saying DeBoner is Saban, so don't twist but I'm still Team DeBoner and giving him through next year to get his guys in there and a new defense. Hearing PK may be available....

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,204
    How much tread does Pete Carroll have left on his tires if he gets fired by the Seahawks?
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bring back Rick.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,801 Founders Club
    First year coach inherits an 11-3 team. Goes 2-7 his first year. That coach was Dave Aranda. Don’t twist.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,068 Founders Club
    edited October 2022
    Blayen said:

I think it premature to give up on DeBoer half way through his first season. The offensive transformation and his track record of success wherever he has been point to his likely success at UW.

But if his offense can be a positive, then his defense should be a red flag. They are bad in a way not seen in a long, long time. With the offense we have, the defense doesn't need to be lights out. But it is unrealistic to expect our offense to carry the D when the D can only get 2 legitimate stops per game.

With an average or even slightly below average D, we would be sitting at 6-0 right now. Instead, we are in the opposite position of the past when our amazing D was wasted by a putrid O.

The good news is that it doesn't appear that this is a chronic problem for him at other places he has coached. History says this should get turned around. But the fact that after 6 weeks our DB's still don't know who to cover and it seems that on every passing play there is someone open without a purple jersey within 10 yards of them leaves me somewhat skeptical.

@Blayen

Post more.

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,364
    Im still a Deboner Loaner Man, what he's done with the offense has been great, they have been in position to win every game, now! The defense is trash, I think he will do whatever it takes to field a good defense, enough said on that
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,391
    "We" have been bitching about the offense forever, and praising the D. Now, the O is "good", and the D sucks...I'm team LIPO...
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,787
    We need a Fresno state tough chip on the shoulder attitude. Not a bunch of duck prima donnas
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    Just like Don James Nick Saban Urban Meyer Kirk Ferentz Bear Bryant the more things change the more they stay the same
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,534 Swaye's Wigwam

Just like Don James Nick Saban Urban Meyer Kirk Ferentz Bear Bryant the more things change the more they stay the same

Press
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,284 Swaye's Wigwam
    Despite how Nega I sounded on the podcast, I'm still letting it play out. That said, Saturday is a damn near must win game against fucking Arizona. Lose and there's a chance the wheels come off.

For a gleaming moment I thought there might be a complete turnaround under Deboer and compete to win a crappy Pac-12.
    I'm now back to reality and eight or nine wins is probably a realistic goal with hopefully an upset over Oregon somehow in there. The best teams in the Pac-12 are all better than I thought they would be and that's part of it.

The offense is watchable for the first time in a long time. As much as it sucks to trade terrible offense for terrible defense I'd still rather watch this and feel like they have a better chance to win games than if it was all defense and the game was over once they got behind.

I don't feel like they would be doing any better with Campbell or Wilcox.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter
    The wheels have only been on as much as a JAFCO shopping cart.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

“Neggas*” —jared

I can’t believe he hasnt resurfaced
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,197 Swaye's Wigwam

Despite how Nega I sounded on the podcast, I'm still letting it play out. That said, Saturday is a damn near must win game against fucking Arizona. Lose and there's a chance the wheels come off.

For a gleaming moment I thought there might be a complete turnaround under Deboer and compete to win a crappy Pac-12.
    I'm now back to reality and eight or nine wins is probably a realistic goal with hopefully an upset over Oregon somehow in there. The best teams in the Pac-12 are all better than I thought they would be and that's part of it.

The offense is watchable for the first time in a long time. As much as it sucks to trade terrible offense for terrible defense I'd still rather watch this and feel like they have a better chance to win games than if it was all defense and the game was over once they got behind.

I don't feel like they would be doing any better with Campbell or Wilcox.

Oregon, at Autzen, is gonna to slaughter UW. That is a guaranteed L.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,801 Founders Club

The wheels have only been on as much as a JAFCO shopping cart.

I loved the JAFCO in Everett as a kid. Great toy section.