Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yella's rant of the week - E Bike edition

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
E-bikes are a scourge on humanity. If you can't peddle a bike via your own power, then get off the roads and trails fatty.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022

Hurtful.

How's the Throbber supposed to throb w/o good cardiovascular fitness?

Speaking personally, I don't wanna be taking boner meds when I'm north of 50.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Yeah, worst part is that the fatties are less able to maneuver the damn things, too. Imagine having Fetters crash in to you at 25 mph on the Burke-Gilman.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, worst part is that the fatties are less able to maneuver the damn things, too. Imagine having Fetters crash in to you at 25 mph on the Burke-Gilman.

Could not have said it any better myself.

This is one of the big issues- ie fatties going way faster than they have any bidness going on a big heavy ass e-bike.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

@baze piqued my interest in the ducati ebike

https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/e-bike/tk-01-rr

Come on man. Your thick Rican thighs can pedal a normal bike.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

Hurtful.

I live way the fuck up a mountain road. I ain't pedaling my ass up that shit after a ride. Hit the 'go' button and coast on home.

Don't knock the boner meds until you try it.

Allegedly.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hurtful.

I live way the fuck up a mountain road. I ain't pedaling my ass up that shit after a ride. Hit the 'go' button and coast on home.

Don't knock the boner meds until you try it.

Allegedly.

I'll make an exception for you if you're off on some gravel roads, out of the way.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    Founders Club

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,547
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hurtful.

Just wait until your wife asks you to start taking them rather than starting on your own - either way will be an ego buster
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Hurtful.

Just wait until your wife asks you to start taking them rather than starting on your own - either way will be an ego buster
    They could come in handy for those mornings where you had too much to drink the night before. Just for back up you know.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,312
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

@baze piqued my interest in the ducati ebike

https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/e-bike/tk-01-rr

Although Baze's actual Ducatis are rad, Ducati E-bikes are just Thoks with "Ducati" slapped on the side.

Gonna have to disagree with this week's rant completely. For cross-country biking short distances, okay, E-bikes are lazy. That's not how anybody I know with one uses it. Instead, they use it to extend rides. Basically, the more times you can get up the mountain, the more times you can get down the mountain. In the end, the workout is different but just as intensive: less uphill, more downhill. And riding downhill is incredibly physical.

I think people who shit on E-bikes are similar to people who shit on dirt bike riding because "the bike does all the work." It's something heard from exactly zero people who have actually tried it.

Oh yeah, in my hippy town, Radwagons and the like are replacing cars for short errand runs. And they're AWESOME. One of my friends bought a pair of them, and he can throw both of his kids on the back and bring them to or pick them up from school without struggling through traffic. More importantly, though, is it's DUI invincibility armor. So in the case of these things it's never manual bicycle vs. E-bike but rather E-bike vs. car. Which is lazier there? Besides, the bicycle itself was invented to provide mechanical leverage to human transportation, so what's the difference? I'm guessing your mountain bike has multiple gears, a lightweight frame, etc. E-bikes are just an evolution of this advantage.