Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A factor in the loss I thought about...

2»

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,468 Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

Grubb unlocked the fridge too soon, guys were starting to get cocky and pop off. Twitter dude was right, UCLA will push your shit in and they did. ASU can and probably will do the same to this defense

Deboer sounded pissed in his postgame interview. No "almost came back"s or "ran out of time"s. I don't expect the team to be perfect but I do expect them to be geared up properly for the next road game
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,972

Oregon State is coming off a bye

It was also the first week of class, first road game, and coming off a late game the week prior. It doesn't excuse the god awful defense but I'll give them a temporary pass for now.

I've heard KDB described as a combination of CP and Sark. Friday night definitely felt like a vintage Sark performance.

CP would have lost to UCLA 21- 12

Sark 45- 14
    So… 40-32 > 21-12 > 45-14?

Fuck I ❤️ the Dwags
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,134 Founders Club
    AEB said:

Oregon State is coming off a bye

It was also the first week of class, first road game, and coming off a late game the week prior. It doesn't excuse the god awful defense but I'll give them a temporary pass for now.

I've heard KDB described as a combination of CP and Sark. Friday night definitely felt like a vintage Sark performance.

CP would have lost to UCLA 21- 12

Sark 45- 14
    So… 40-32 > 21-12 > 45-14?

Fuck I ❤️ the Dwags
    We always lose the UCLA.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I knew I started a great thread, I just didn’t think it would get to 2 pages so soon.

Canadawg said:

Kirkland said they were "riding high" coming into Friday and thought it was a good reality check for them. Kinda wild this team could have an ego after going 4-8 last year

This is what every favored team that gets upset says. On one hand it's cliche as hell, but on the other hand these are 20 year old dipshits who each have the attention span of @trublue, so it's not too hard to believe that they would predictably fuck up like this.
    Media had been giving them a blow job for about three weeks. They were not at all ready to get punched in the face.
    The Media….And 81% of this place.
  • BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 106
    We lost for 3 very important reasons:

1. Our secondary is trash and we couldn't pressure the QB enough to hide that fact.
    2. They pressured our QB and he didn't like it much.
    3. Deboer is finding it hard to focus with Jen and her leopard skinned jugs constantly trying to get more "welcome to UW" hugs.
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

dannarc said:

Grubb unlocked the fridge too soon, guys were starting to get cocky and pop off. Twitter dude was right, UCLA will push your shit in and they did. ASU can and probably will do the same to this defense

Deboer sounded pissed in his postgame interview. No "almost came back"s or "ran out of time"s. I don't expect the team to be perfect but I do expect them to be geared up properly for the next road game
    Amendment. His other interview he literally said they ran out of time. 34-17 ASU
    He needed more tim
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,799
    dannarc said:

fuck ASU
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,366 Founders Club

dannarc said:

fuck ASU

• Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912

I was taking a walk for perspective and thought about the difference in altitude.

It's actually elevation, not altitude. A lot people people confuse the two.

Altitude is a measure of distance from the earth's surface. Elevation is a measure from sea level. People like to forget that.
    Interesting that they call it altitude sickness and not elevation sickness then.