Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Running back pitches

2»

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,263
    chuck said:

I never want to see one of these fucktarded plays ever again.

That safety lost *us* the game

Just do a screen pass, its the same thing and less risky

It was a dumb call, but what lost the game were the two forced INT's that gave UCLA short fields and the defense playing softer than Charmin. Once Penix and Co. stopped trying to force deep throws against the zone it was pretty easy for UW to move the ball.
    The defense forced one very late punt and two 4 and outs deep in their own territory. You can't expect to win many games like that. UCLA's skill guys completely undressed UWs secondary.
    Defense was horrendous. Best tackle of the night was the tripping penalty on the kicker.

I think the offense made some actual adjustments in the second half that will help them going forward. Just can't turn the ball over as the margin for error with how bad the defense is will be pretty thin when the other team is at the same level as UW.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739

It was a dumb call, but what lost the game were the two forced INT's that gave UCLA short fields and the defense playing softer than Charmin. Once Penix and Co. stopped trying to force deep throws against the zone it was pretty easy for UW to move the ball.
    OL run blocking was pretty good, if taulapapa is averaging near 5 yards then you know there were creases.

Pass blocking sucked and penix faced the first pressure he had seen all year. He tried hero ball and it didn’t work.

Seems like uw panicked.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,735 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2022

LawDawg1 said:

What time is the game?

Shush. Grubb is a genius. We have a go fund me so he doesn't go to Nebraska
    I'm thrilled we have Grubb
    You rub for Grubb???
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam

OL run blocking was pretty good, if taulapapa is averaging near 5 yards then you know there were creases.

Pass blocking sucked and penix faced the first pressure he had seen all year. He tried hero ball and it didn’t work.

Seems like uw panicked.
    The pass pro didn't even suck in my opinion. They have some good pass rushers and got a couple of sacks. Even in the worst performance they've had all season, against a talented defense full of guys UW wanted, they still protected better than any OL UW has had since 2000 at least.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,623 Swaye's Wigwam

LawDawg1 said:

What time is the game?

The safety turned the game.

I read somewhere in an interview with him that Deboer in general likes to run the ball more than him.

Would have liked that better last night than living and dying with a QB. The Newton runs seemed effective and UCLA has no dl depth.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

LawDawg1 said:

What time is the game?

The safety turned the game.

I read somewhere in an interview with him that Deboer in general likes to run the ball more than him.

Would have liked that better last night than living and dying with a QB. The Newton runs seemed effective and UCLA has no dl depth.
    Everyone ran the ball effectively and i actually think i like Nixon the best since he seems to have the quickness to bust one.

That was a game where even Sark would have doubled down on the run. Of course he had better RBs to work with.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739
    chuck said:

Seems like uw panicked.
    The pass pro didn't even suck in my opinion. They have some good pass rushers and got a couple of sacks. Even in the worst performance they've had all season, against a talented defense full of guys UW wanted, they still protected better than any OL UW has had since 2000 at least.
    By the end of the first half uw ol had a tough time holding off 3 down linemen.