Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Don’t call these Honks Doogs

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
Mario Bailey must post here. Pennix played “bad” and Greg suddenly has religion. Bashing Jimmy, propping DeBoener. FO in advance for your “don’t listen” . Check ‘em out. IHeart radio app has the POADS

Comments

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,468 Swaye's Wigwam
    Thought the same thing while listening. They didn't over pump the win against the 4-8 furd team
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,461 Founders Club
    Mario also has voiced concerns about Penix pre-determining that he's going to his 1st read and it's going to get him in trouble down the road.

But Mario and the racist fans comment has stuck with me as well.

I wondered if Greg was going to be all purple glasses in the beginning, but he's not.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,673 Founders Club
    Am I going to have to listen to the Honks for the first time since December 2012?
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Mario also has voiced concerns about Penix pre-determining that he's going to his 1st read and it's going to get him in trouble down the road.

I wondered if Greg was going to be all purple glasses in the beginning, but he's not.

The one time I listened, it was 10 straight minutes of Lewis talking about how he was the best back ever at UW.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,623 Swaye's Wigwam

Am I going to have to listen to the Honks for the first time since December 2012?

One thing that makes the new lineup less entertaining is the obligatory 15 minutes of grab assing back to when they were players. It was fine for the first episode or so but now it's distracting. And it is mostly Softy who is at fault and egging it on every game.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,034
    I don't really listen to Pods but how about calling the Husky Honks "Donks" instead of "Doogs"?
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

The same Mario Bailey that blamed racist fans for Jimmy's firing?

Same Duck crue trying to make REAL Husky fans look bad.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,022
    Baseman said:

Mario Bailey must post here. Pennix played “bad” and Greg suddenly has religion. Bashing Jimmy, propping DeBoener. FO in advance for your “don’t listen” . Check ‘em out. IHeart radio app has the POADS

You sure they were talking about Mario Bailey and not this one?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,888 Founders Club
    TheHB said:

godawgst said:

The one time I listened, it was 10 straight minutes of Lewis talking about how he was the best back ever at UW.
    Left his knee on the Husky Stadium field

TheHB said:

godawgst said:

Left his knee on the Husky Stadium field
    Dude's fat.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,263

haie said:

One thing that makes the new lineup less entertaining is the obligatory 15 minutes of grab assing back to when they were players. It was fine for the first episode or so but now it's distracting. And it is mostly Softy who is at fault and egging it on every game.
    I've often thought that if more fans actually knew more players during their playing days (and many after), they would find it a little harder to give a shit about the team. Some of the dudes I knew back when I was pretending to play school were dick heads. Not all, but plenty were.

And just to be fair about it and not pick on DWAGs, I role my fucking eyes every time some Hurricane legend is filmed ranting and raving in an interview or during a pre-game speech about "back when I played, blah blah blah, you bled for your brother, blah blah blah, it's a privilege to wear that helmet, blah blah blah, coaches made us do blah blah blah, swagger, blah blah blah, you do it for your family because this is your family, blah blah blah, swagger, blah blah blah, all your blood, all your tears, all your sweat, blah blah, leading to this moment, blah blah blah, heart of a champion, blah blah blah ...."

I mean, JFC, few things are more cringe-worthy than anybody over the age of 30 having to go back and re-live their shit. Just be honest ... most of the time, you can just say, "we were fucking better than you and you guys are embarrassing," or, if the current team is better than the old team, then how about just shutting the fuck up, sitting down and be happy you got your turn. Now nobody really GAF what you think.
    Disagree.

Listening to stories of the past are all the Canes have left. UW is back, baby!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

haie said:

I've often thought that if more fans actually knew more players during their playing days (and many after), they would find it a little harder to give a shit about the team. Some of the dudes I knew back when I was pretending to play school were dick heads. Not all, but plenty were.

And just to be fair about it and not pick on DWAGs, I role my fucking eyes every time some Hurricane legend is filmed ranting and raving in an interview or during a pre-game speech about "back when I played, blah blah blah, you bled for your brother, blah blah blah, it's a privilege to wear that helmet, blah blah blah, coaches made us do blah blah blah, swagger, blah blah blah, you do it for your family because this is your family, blah blah blah, swagger, blah blah blah, all your blood, all your tears, all your sweat, blah blah, leading to this moment, blah blah blah, heart of a champion, blah blah blah ...."

I mean, JFC, few things are more cringe-worthy than anybody over the age of 30 having to go back and re-live their shit. Just be honest ... most of the time, you can just say, "we were fucking better than you and you guys are embarrassing," or, if the current team is better than the old team, then how about just shutting the fuck up, sitting down and be happy you got your turn. Now nobody really GAF what you think.
    This. I spent some time in the inner circle and saw the same. It played a roll in my current feeling toward the program.
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member Posts: 1,483

haie said:

This. I spent some time in the inner circle and saw the same. It played a roll in my current feeling toward the program.
    I’m surprised to hear you’re surprised that football players are assholes.

But it also feels like the more likely scenario here is you were being yourself and a football player (or 10) called you an asshole because they knew you wouldn’t do anything about it since you weren’t on an internet forum. Yes, 7/11 Lake City.

haie said:

But it also feels like the more likely scenario here is you were being yourself and a football player (or 10) called you an asshole because they knew you wouldn’t do anything about it since you weren’t on an internet forum. Yes, 7/11 Lake City.
    Disagree. And it’s not the Lake City location fucko!!!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited October 2022

haie said:

Where did I say I was surprised? You’re assessment is incorrect. It gets 4 Pinocchio’s
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Mario: Defense is not good. Season Numbers and score suggest good to average. They're not! DBs are not good.

Both Mario and Greg called out player effort. Good, Was shitty. You--J Martin--know who you are!