Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jaxson throwing some shade at Jimmy

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,423 Swaye's Wigwam

Is it too early to say Huff has been vindicated? Safe to assume much of poor OL performance last year was due to Lake's fucktarded vision for an offense. Run blocking still needs some work but overall this is the best line play in years.

Yes way too early

Huff and the O line sucked under Petersen

Just be happy DeBoer can mask it until he finds a replacement

No sacks
    The O-line was above average '16, '17, and '18 but was exposed against talented teams repeatedly.

This line actually has talent across the board and they are playing like it. There is no true freshman Nick Harris vs Bama type of scenario on the line.

Center is our worst spot by far and even he is decent.

Huff is earning his paycheck right now by virtue of having a good line. How much of that is Grubb and DeBoer we really can't know.

I don't blame Huff for 2021 because the scheme was AIDS, but again his line sucked and therefore so did he
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,423 Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Fautanu is our best OL. He looks fantastic.

Coker was RIGHT
    blind squirrel, nut, etc etc
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,522 Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Penix unlike most morons that played QB at UW actually feels the pressure pretty well and gets the ball out.

Are you saying Penix is very sensitive to feeling things? A real heady player?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    dannarc said:

Grubb is an ex OL coach, I imagine this helps Huff alot...or not

Fire Grubb & Huff
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

FireCohen said:

Penix unlike most morons that played QB at UW actually feels the pressure pretty well and gets the ball out.

Are you saying Penix is very sensitive to feeling things? A real heady player?
    He definitely rises to the occasion and knows how to fit it into tight areas.
    Has a natural feel for how tight the pocket is and when it's time to pull out.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,924 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I've been more pro Huff than most but I don't think he's vindicated yet. Pass blocking looks good but sacks are a QB stat primarily, Huff isn't the reason Penix is great at feeling the rush and getting rid of the ball. Run blocking is improved but not great. And he has gotten his ass handed to him in recruiting of late.

I didn't think the line issues last year were his fault. I'm not ready to give him the credit for the line improvement this year just yet either. I think scheme has had way more to do with it than Huff both years.

I will say Huff recruited these guys and for that he should get credit. It's a talented bunch at the top.

I'm in LIPO mode with him right now.

Yep. His recruiting upside has really been a mixed bag and his units have been shit until the last 4 games.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,779 Founders Club
    dnc said:

I've been more pro Huff than most but I don't think he's vindicated yet. Pass blocking looks good but sacks are a QB stat primarily, Huff isn't the reason Penix is great at feeling the rush and getting rid of the ball. Run blocking is improved but not great. And he has gotten his ass handed to him in recruiting of late.

I didn't think the line issues last year were his fault. I'm not ready to give him the credit for the line improvement this year just yet either. I think scheme has had way more to do with it than Huff both years.

I will say Huff recruited these guys and for that he should get credit. It's a talented bunch at the top.

In the weekly press conference when speaking of zero sacks of Penix, KDB publicly acknowledged the kids playing on the line, Penix himself for making quick decisions and Grubb for calling great plays. Is it telling that Huff wasn't mentioned? It's telling me that he's not in the top three reasons why the line has improved.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dnc said:

Sounds like I just made Race's "it's never about the assistant's it's the HC, stupid" argument for him.
    Race Bannon never said it better than when he talked about how Kent Baer had the Pac-10's worst defense three years in a row, but when he got fired and Willingam/Emmert hired NFL assistant Ed Donatell for 2008, and suddenly Donatell becomes the worst coordinator in college football and the Huskies finish last again in the Pac-10 in defense (plus 0-12). "It's always the head coach and never the assistants -- it always starts at the top" became a life lesson for Stalin.

EVERYONE’S TALKING ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BAER/DONATELL!!

Get Connerly back from Oregon and we can talk about another year

Also LIPO

The problem with Huff is that it wasn't just Jimmy that he sucked under. We? can easily blame Jimmy for recent recruiting failures but the goal line blow ups go back to Auburn and before when the head coach was pretty good

So LIPO

So LIPO regarding LIPO?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Sounds like I just made Race's "it's never about the assistant's it's the HC, stupid" argument for him.
    Race Bannon never said it better than when he talked about how Kent Baer had the Pac-10's worst defense three years in a row, but when he got fired and Willingam/Emmert hired NFL assistant Ed Donatell for 2008, and suddenly Donatell becomes the worst coordinator in college football and the Huskies finish last again in the Pac-10 in defense (plus 0-12). "It's always the head coach and never the assistants -- it always starts at the top" became a life lesson for Stalin.

EVERYONE’S TALKING ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BAER/DONATELL!!
    Also when Wilcocks became DC with our high powered Sark offense we were set to roll

Or were we?