Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jaxson throwing some shade at Jimmy

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Kalen DeBoer’s texts with Chris Petersen, Michael Penix Jr.’

Taking advice from Pete who knows the culture, boosters and upper campus is Anti Lake
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Fuck pete for giving the keys to car to lake just have him drive it off the cliff
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    I've read that Kirkland was sucking and they benched him and put Fautanu back in his spot is that true? Rushing him back now that conference play has started is not going to end well.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I've read that Kirkland was sucking and they benched him and put Fautanu back in his spot is that true? Rushing him back now that conference play has started is not going to end well.

Kirkland played well. He pulled and sealed the edge on a few off-tackle runs. Think he played a limited snap count since he may not be 100%.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Everyone is talking about the difference between DeBoer and Lake..
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

haie said:

Kirkland played well. He pulled and sealed the edge on a few off-tackle runs. Think he played a limited snap count since he may not be 100%.
    was dog shit in pass pro
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club

haie said:

was dog shit in pass pro
    No sacks
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,924 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

was dog shit in pass pro
    Kirkland has never been as good at LT as Fautanu (nor is he as good a guard). I get why they want to put him back there, but I'm not sure the OL is at its best like that.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,146

haie said:

was dog shit in pass pro
    Yup. There was a deep ball to the left side of the field that Penix overthrew by 5 yards (wide open) due to it being a rushed as a result of Kirkland whiffing on his man. I don't remember which quarter it was, but that play stood out.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

haie said:

was dog shit in pass pro
    No sacks
    New @Baseman motto?

haie said:

was dog shit in pass pro
    Yup. There was a deep ball to the left side of the field that Penix overthrew by 5 yards (wide open) due to it being a rushed as a result of Kirkland whiffing on his man. I don't remember which quarter it was, but that play stood out.
    I remember that one well. He rushed the throw by about a half second and threw it a little too flat. Should've been a walk in TD. I think it was first quarter.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Is it too early to say Huff has been vindicated? Safe to assume much of poor OL performance last year was due to Lake's fucktarded vision for an offense. Run blocking still needs some work but overall this is the best line play in years.

Is it too early to say Huff has been vindicated? Safe to assume much of poor OL performance last year was due to Lake's fucktarded vision for an offense. Run blocking still needs some work but overall this is the best line play in years.

Good question. I've pondered that myself. I think it is too early. Gotta look back on the qhole season and evaluate, but he's on his way.

I wouldn't say I excused him, but I have been more forgiving toward Hugf than most because I felt like the schemes were not his. Pete's were too fucking complicated and nobody ever knew who to block. Lake and Co fattened them up and asked them to block a predictable power running game into 7-8 man boxes who didn't respect the pass. I never felt like Huff was making the choices that made his unit look so bad.

It got so bad that I quit waiting for him to get it together though. He should have been fired with the rest. I'm happier if he just turns out to be good though.

Once again we see that it's the head man who matters. Good head coaches make good assistants out of most anyone. Bad ones do the opposite with even more consistency.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club

Yes way too early

Huff and the O line sucked under Petersen

Just be happy DeBoer can mask it until he finds a replacement

No sacks
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,792
    Doogles said:

Fautanu is our best OL. He looks fantastic.

Coker was RIGHT