Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I’m confused

Maybe it’s because I was pretty drunk yesterday but a lot of bitching about the offense. Didn’t really see anything that made me think it was a bad offensive outing yesterday. Sure we should have finished a few more drives with a TD but we? We’re constantly putting points on the board almost every drive it seems. Up 30-7 at one point. It wasn’t Grubbs best game play calling wise but if that is a BAD outing by him I will fucking take it. Way better than run run incomplete pass punt.

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The flea flicker to Mcmillian we had 6 blockers out there Stanford 2. If we run it more into the field and don't let the sideline be the 3rd defender, he jogs in with a convoy of OL.

Thought in Q2/Q3 Stanford decided to take away middle and not let crossers, clear outs, sit downs, action away from play flow beat them and Grubb/Offense had some issues dealing with it.

Our Pass Pro is so good. Last 2-3 years they couldn't pick up blitzes/stunts/etc to save their life. This year (along with DM at qb who gets ball ouf of his hands so fast) the pocket is so clean Penix is throwing out of.

Prob. too much to ask, but can you imagine if we could run between tackles with consistency what the offense would look like.

I don't like Wildcat as well, but has Newton actually every handed it off to the motion man coming in front of him?

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You’ll get no complaints from me about the offense. That pass D though … *shudder*
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,715
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

You’ll get no complaints from me about the offense. That pass D though … *shudder*

8 sacks
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Eight sacks is cool. But thank you jeebus for Stanford’s weird-ass RPO offense.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022
    Penix had his worst performance of the year but it didn't matter and the game never felt in doubt after it started by them going 3 and out and us immediately scoring.

Thank Christ the Petersen system is gone. We'd be up like 13-6 and playing prevent defense for the next 3 quarters. 0 chance of getting a turnover.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    So far the team has been comfortably in control of every game after the 1st quarter.

Never once has it felt like UW isn't a lion toying with a gazelle...in the first half

As a result, the team has seemed to be sleepwalking a little bit at time in the second half.

Would love to see them keep up the intensity for all 4 quarters. In every game so far UW was fully capable of hanging 60 on teams.

Hopefully we will start having some of those 2016 @ Cal type games
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

So far the team has been comfortably in control of every game after the 1st quarter.

Never once has it felt like UW isn't a lion toying with a gazelle...in the first half

As a result, the team has seemed to be sleepwalking a little bit at time in the second half.

Would love to see them keep up the intensity for all 4 quarters. In every game so far UW was fully capable of hanging 60 on teams.

Lions don’t toy with Gazelles. It doesn’t work that way. Cat/mouse is what you’re looking for.

#wildlifeshowsuperiorityguy

Killer whale with seal superiority guy
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

8 sacks
    How many of those sacks ended a series though? Too many seemd to happen only for Stanford to make a 3rd and long play after.
    A couple of them did. O/U is 3.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,751

TheHB said:

8 sacks
    How many of those sacks ended a series though? Too many seemd to happen only for Stanford to make a 3rd and long play after.
    If we’re? bashing sacks, I’m out!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,715
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    8 sacks or No sacks is the answer to every concern
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Lions don’t toy with Gazelles. It doesn’t work that way. Cat/mouse is what you’re looking for.

#wildlifeshowsuperiorityguy
    Some one needs to tell that to deBoner.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

TheHB said:

8 sacks
    I agree with this but even on the sacks where Stanford converted a 3rd & long, I think the sacks had a cumulative effect on the QB.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2022

TheHB said:

8 sacks
    that happened twice. The sky isn't falling. It'll even out. We had 2 strip sacks and fumble recoveries in the game.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

8 sacks
    that happened twice. The sky isn't falling. It'll even out. We had 2 strip sacks and fumble recoveries in the game.
    Didn't say it was. I'm actually very happy with watching this team actually progress and get better(it seems) each game.

That said, the secondary is still definitely how to beat this defense. I was worried that with Stanford so far behind they would give up the rpo and just start slinging it deep.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

8 sacks
    Didn't say it was. I'm actually very happy with watching this team actually progress and get better(it seems) each game.

That said, the secondary is still definitely how to beat this defense. I was worried that with Stanford so far behind they would give up the rpo and just start slinging it deep.
    David Shaw FS helpful as ever.
  • TrojanSwordTrojanSword Member Posts: 542
    I'll take a win any day.

Just some quick observations though. It did seem that Grubb was maybe trying some things out. Seems he wanted to make sure he included plays to Gyles, almost like forcing it. Turned out in the end he did get a TD.

I will say It feels a lot better complaining about the way the team won than the way it lost.

I think I might actually go to the game on Friday. UW needs to smash the "sissy blue shirts".