Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Finebaum: Miami is still college football's greatest fraud

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Lay off the guy lol
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lay off the guy lol

This is a Minnesota, BYU, and Middle Tennessee site now.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Race has been trolling the internet all day looking for good Cane content for little old creep.

We go WAAAAY back. After all these years, I still rub Race the wrong. way.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2022

Race has been trolling the internet all day looking for good Cane content for little old creep.

He's a lot better at what he does than you are what what you do.

Simpin ain't easy.
    dtd said:

Simpin ain't easy.
    Seems pretty harsh.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

Simpin ain't easy.
    Seems pretty harsh.
    The shoe fits.
    edited September 2022
    Not really following, but Ok!
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Checked out the Josh Pate clip on Canesinsight. Gattis isn't the guy. Pretty insightful. Pun intended.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

46XiJCAB said:

Checked out the Josh Pate clip on Canesinsight. Gattis isn't the guy. Pretty insightful. Pun intended.
    Your "I was right" routine is justified to date. Losing to MTS is inexcusable pretty much no matter what. I'm here for it.

I'm just going to make a couple of observations: you're spending more time on Miami internet searches than am I, and likely by a good amount; and this is all inspired by your giddiness at losing a guy who brought in talent, got you a RB win, delivered as nice an OOC victory as this conference has seen in a while, and the beginning of a new streak against your hated rival, the first two against a pretty good coach playing with pretty good teams. But you seem to be hanging on a little bit, which I understand. He's handsome af. But let's move on and let me wallow in peace.
    Mario needs to have the Ed orgeron come to Jesus moment where he realizes his strengths (recruiting and program mgmt) and actually delegates the X’s and O’s and game plans to his coordinators. Orgeron was the same way until he was close to failing at his dream job. Maybe it’ll hit Mario the same way.
    dtd said:

Not really following, but Ok!

Sorry, I hadn't had any booze in a few weeks. I was just flippin shit.
    That works for me. Just remember, I'm Latinx, so I'm more easily wounded on an emotional level, and I tend to fly off the handle. It's not me; it's my genes.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

46XiJCAB said:

Your "I was right" routine is justified to date. Losing to MTS is inexcusable pretty much no matter what. I'm here for it.

I'm just going to make a couple of observations: you're spending more time on Miami internet searches than am I, and likely by a good amount; and this is all inspired by your giddiness at losing a guy who brought in talent, got you a RB win, delivered as nice an OOC victory as this conference has seen in a while, and the beginning of a new streak against your hated rival, the first two against a pretty good coach playing with pretty good teams. But you seem to be hanging on a little bit, which I understand. He's handsome af. But let's move on and let me wallow in peace.
    I enjoy the meltdown on the Miami board because most of those clowns didn't want any honest assessments of MC. It was all just butthurt talk from his leaving. They remind me of FSU fans. I felt the same way about Willy. Mario had peaked at Oregon. He wasn't ever going to the playoffs because he did and always will lose a game each year that he shouldn't.

That was a nice win against tOSU. Duck D made plays when it mattered most. Day demoted his DC afterwards because he was terrible. And he did retire Peterman and usher in Jimmy L.

I'll let you wallow until "The U is BACK BABY!" is official. This being a college football bored and all.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

46XiJCAB said:

you sound like some kind of lawyer

46XiJCAB said:

you sound like some kind of pretend lawyer
    FTFY
    edited September 2022
    ntxduck said:

46XiJCAB said:

Mario needs to have the Ed orgeron come to Jesus moment where he realizes his strengths (recruiting and program mgmt) and actually delegates the X’s and O’s and game plans to his coordinators. Orgeron was the same way until he was close to failing at his dream job. Maybe it’ll hit Mario the same way.
    That's probably right. I think the other thing that may be lurking in here as an explanation is that what he wants is very, very, very hard to achieve. Mario wants the dynasty Dallas Cowboys. An O line for the ages, a RB who knows what to do with said O line, a tough and skrong WR who will win contest balls and will absolutely deliver on critical 3rd down, a TE who can block and be a weapon in the passing game, and an accurate QB who doesn't make mistakes. When you have all that, you don't fuck around and you just go and better than everybody else. Does anybody but me remember when Urbs beat a pretty good Oregon team with the same play handing off to the same guy? When you have that, you use it because it works, it's low risk and it absolutely demoralizes the other team as lesser men. Again, very, very hard to achieve.

He needs to have an offense that can operate without a 426 Hemi. Mario does a few things very well: (1) I think he's good at succeeding a clown and getting things is basic order again and sifting out the bullshit people; (2) he can build an O line that you can travel with; (3) he can recruit against anybody, and that seems to include recruiting coaches.

He could work on some of his game day calls, but that's true of a lot of coaches. And while his commitment to a physical run game is admirable in an aspirational sort of way, he needs a plan B. He has also made me scratch my head with his QB decisions. He pulls VanDyke for throwing two picks. Fine. But he stayed with A. Brown, who had a big problem overcoming mistakes. Once he made one, he was broken, and Cristo never pulled him.

Bottom line is his LIPO time line just got shorter; but he's not going anywhere any time soon.