Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yeah, no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUX_VWzer2o&t=63s&ab_channel=DisabilityMobilityInitiative

Only good part is the woke politicians agreeing to participate so that they can experience the consequences of their decisions. Probably need more of that.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    “Everyone should have the opportunity to move when they want to move,how they want to move”.

OK….I’ll be driving.

Next will be a week without seeing. Everyone goes blind folded for a week so we understand that blind people can’t do things like play a game of pickup basketball and watch a sunset.

Shocking news! Being disabled causes people to adapt!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,825
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The bus is full of crackheads and wheelchairs which take 5 minutes to load. It's usually inefficient. Stop letting crackheads on and make it cleaner and efficient and people will take it. It's not hard.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

The bus is full of crackheads and wheelchairs which take 5 minutes to load. It's usually inefficient. Stop letting crackheads on and make it cleaner and efficient and people will take it. It's not hard.

Yeah most people arent really against the bus itself per se (assuming youre in a fairly dense area and its actually somewhat efficient). It's the people on the bus lol
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The ability to come and go when I want and not on the transit schedule is the most important thing for me. I used to ride a transbay bus into the city for years. The riders were all professional folks who worked in the city so there was no crackhead issues. I just got tired of having to make my schedule fit theirs. Now BART on the other hand, they have a bum and junkie issues.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,540
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    years ago I rode the bus all the time - was too expensive and I was always late

I would fall asleep and ride the bus to the end of the line, have to pay again and ride back into town. Hopefully, I did not fall asleep again. If I ain't driving, I am sleeping. Motion puts me to sleep.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I used to ride the bus into downtown when I was cutting my teeth at a Big 8 firm in the 80s. The pay was shit and I couldn’t afford things like parking and fancy coffee. I was still in my yummy phase so I drank free hot chocolate at work. Most people of the bus were just going to work. I listed to cassettes on my knock off walkman to pass the time.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

years ago I rode the bus all the time - was too expensive and I was always late

I would fall asleep and ride the bus to the end of the line, have to pay again and ride back into town. Hopefully, I did not fall asleep again. If I ain't driving, I am sleeping. Motion puts me to sleep.

Something about sitting in the back of the bus on the way home from work would put me to sleep. It was kind of nice. Wish I could always fall asleep that easily
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

I used to ride the bus into downtown when I was cutting my teeth at a Big 8 firm in the 80s. The pay was shit and I couldn’t afford things like parking and fancy coffee. I was still in my yummy phase so I drank free hot chocolate at work. Most people of the bus were just going to work. I listed to cassettes on my knock off walkman to pass the time.

Ditto, I worked for a Big 8 firm in the 80s and for two years I commuted from the burbs to downtown Portland on Tri-Met. I was at the last stop before the route turned into an express to downtown. Just upscale white collar workers on the bus. Had to pay or show your pass to the driver before being seated. Then along came light rail and the bus routes were cut and it forced people to drive to the Max stations, park and then ride. No requirement to show you had paid for your fare. With the decline of the Portland downtown and the classic suburb to downtown commute, Tri-Met (Max) has become an expensive white elephant and also dangerous. I don't know anyone in Southwest Portland using the bus/light rail for a commute to downtown. No way someone in West Linn uses Tri-Met to commute to a job in Northeast Portland for example.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Now I just hit the under desk treadmill for the first hour of my day before the west coast people get in and start bitching. Good times. Start the day off with like 7k steps