Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Odds on mud ugly Patty getting COVID?

PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited September 2022 in Tug Tavern
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2022/sep/18/senate-candidates-patty-murray-tiffany-smiley-will/

The debate between Democratic Sen. Patty Murray and Republican challenger Tiffany Smiley will be held at Gonzaga University on Oct. 23 at 5 p.m. The debate is being organized and jointly sponsored by the League of Women Voters and The Spokesman-Review’s Northwest Passages speaker series, along with broadcast assistance from KSPS. The Washington State Debate Coalition also is affiliated with this debate.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2022/sep/18/senate-candidates-patty-murray-tiffany-smiley-will/

The debate between Democratic Sen. Patty Murray and Republican challenger Tiffany Smiley will be held at Gonzaga University on Oct. 23 at 5 p.m. The debate is being organized and jointly sponsored by the League of Women Voters and The Spokesman-Review’s Northwest Passages speaker series, along with broadcast assistance from KSPS. The Washington State Debate Coalition also is affiliated with this debate. several communist organizations.

Moderator: So Ms. Smiley tell us why you want Washington women to suffer through back alley abortions and why you want to put black people back in chains.
    The ol' Candy Crawley treatment
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Smart to ensure first and only debate occurs after ballots have been sent out:

Would you be surprised if none of the major local networks carry the debate?
  • RezMuttJeffRezMuttJeff Member Posts: 87
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2022
    Now the Populists are self-organizing outside of the institutions, coordinating their activity, and this is what the Democratic party fears the most.

The Democratic party fears populism, the people engaging in democracy outside of the institutions controlled by the Democratic party.

In China every institution has to have a branch of the Communist party as ideologicaal enforcer. In USA every institution must have a branch of the Democratic party, such as an LGBT club, as ideological enforcer.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Now the Populists are self-organizing outside of the institutions, coordinating their activity, and this is what the Democratic party fears the most.

The Democratic party fears populism, the people engaging in democracy outside of the institutions controlled by the Democratic party.

In China every institution has to have a branch of the Communist party as ideologicaal enforcer. In USA every institution must have a branch of the Democratic party, such as an LGBT club, as ideological enforcer.

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Odds on mud ugly Patty getting COVID?

110%

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,977
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I picture this being like when Lois Griffin was running for Mayor of Quahog and every answer was 9/11.

Patty will be January 6, then womens rights.

And that’ll be all she has to say.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    edited September 2022
    I firmly believe State of Wash elections are rigged. But I will say this... The soccer mom in tennis shoes was running ads two months ago attacking her MAGA opponent and showing herself surrounded by construction workers telling them she's fighting for them. She wouldn't have been going to that effort and expense if there wasn't at least some legit concern.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,977
    Swaye's Wigwam

I firmly believe State of Wash elections are rigged. But I will say this... The soccer mom in tennis shoes was running ads two months ago attacking her MAGA opponent and showing herself surrounded by construction workers telling them she's fighting for them. She wouldn't have been going to that effort and expense if there wasn't at least some legit concern.

It is the first time I do ever remember seeing a Patty Murray commercial.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Of course the debate is well after ballots have gone out and thousands of people will have already voted. In person voting starts 10/21.

It should be fairly easy for people to vote, but at the end it should be Election Day, not election month.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Of course the debate is well after ballots have gone out and thousands of people will have already voted. In person voting starts 10/21.

It should be fairly easy for people to vote, but at the end it should be Election Day, not election month.

I remember peeps voting in September a few years ago.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Recent polling. Pretty damn close. Tiffany is running a damn good campaign.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2022/senate/wa/washington_senate_smiley_vs_murray-7400.html

If the Dems "mail it in" (ILWIDT), and don't send in their ballots, it could be interesting. Tiffany is getting picked up for a lot of media coverage on the conservative news channels. She was on Fox News Steve Hilton show last night. She is not incredibly polished but is not Loren Culp. She would have given Heir Inslee a better race than Culp.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I don’t know one single co-worker that would stand around in a circle and have anything in common with that hack