Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Still can't get a yard

2»

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,443 Swaye's Wigwam

Gosh it's almost like the passing was addressed and isn't the problem

The cult of Huff is bizarre

Ignore getting stuffed 3 times and being unable to run the clock but go on

When it costs games don't cry to me

I saw a lot of role outs and moving the pocket to help the o-line not give up sacks.

I was pretty drunk though trying to deal with the fear of inevitably blowing the lead.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

haie said:

Goal line running isn't creative and we're probably using the wrong rb's for it.

As I was texting to somebody during the game, if we can't run straight ahead (and we knew we couldn't against good defenses after the Kent State game), why play into the opponent's hands by lining up in the goal line offense? Why not spread things out at the goal line? Don't paint yourself into a corner.
    Exactly. I don't know what they're seeing on film.

Or I think it was Greg Lewis suggesting at least trying wildcat with Newton/Taulapapa. It's a better idea than sneaking it with Penix.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

haie said:

Goal line running isn't creative and we're probably using the wrong rb's for it.

As I was texting to somebody during the game, if we can't run straight ahead (and we knew we couldn't against good defenses after the Kent State game), why play into the opponent's hands by lining up in the goal line offense? Why not spread things out at the goal line? Don't paint yourself into a corner.
    The first time was an attempt to prove how tuff they were with 4 runs. Didn't mind

However after proving they still can't get a yard the next two goal line failures were bad

If you need to run your all out deep passing attack to burn clock you might have a problem

But no sacks
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited September 2022

haie said:

The first time was an attempt to prove how tuff they were with 4 runs. Didn't mind

However after proving they still can't get a yard the next two goal line failures were bad

If you need to run your all out deep passing attack to burn clock you might have a problem

But no sacks
    3-0.

The run game needs improvement. I don't see the fuckups and vulnerability on delayed blitzes.

#1 offense so far. No sacks, no pressures. Progress with an unblemished record. Michigan State has some dudes on their interior. Opponents down 3 td's expect run.

Would have liked to see Dick Newton on the goal line. Talapapa is a JAG. LIPO...i know it's hard

#NoSacks
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,396 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

But no sacks
    The second touchdown was a 1 yard run by Davis
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Baseman said:

haie said:

But no sacks
    3-0.

The run game needs improvement. I don't see the fuckups and vulnerability on delayed blitzes.

#1 offense so far. No sacks, no pressures. Progress with an unblemished record. Michigan State has some dudes on their interior. Opponents down 3 td's expect run.

Would have liked to see Dick Newton on the goal line. Talapapa is a JAG. LIPO...i know it's hard

#NoSacks
    Well everything is just skippy then

Dawgman might be more your speed
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

But no sacks
    The second touchdown was a 1 yard run by Davis
    Not that yard
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    Improvement is needed but I also feel like it's coming but for one thing...a quality RB ain't walking through that door. These guys leave a lot of yards out there. Talapapa left two touchdowns out there that Davis, I think, would've punched in. He is a good receiver but horrible ball carrier. I think he may.be the worst I've seen at UW since the Ty days. He has no burst, no top end, and no power. His cuts aren't sharp. I don't see a legit FBS ball carrier there at all.

Not that Davis is good. It takes him forever to get upfield and he gets tripped by anyone within 10' of him when he does turn up.

I'm not a fan, and he has his own issuea unless they're gone now but I'm ready to see Dick Newt.

Is Javeon Sunday still there? What about him? Sam Adams?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    I have no idea how Sunday and Newton are not getting carries

Werent we supposed to get some transfer from New Mexico or some shit?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah forgot about Dumas.

Nixon has at least looked quick when he's gotten the ball.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

haie said:

The OL lost the battle every time they tried to go "heavy" and straight run. Probably best to keep the formation spread with the threat of the decent WR and QB play. Talapapa isn't unathletic in space. Still think Newton should be getting some real opportunities...

If Penix continues to make good throws, the WRs continue to win their routes, and the OL continues to not give up sacks teams are going to have to play the pass alot more and give up a lot more space to the run.

OTOH the second they go spread inside the 10 and roll Penix you know he is going to try to beat the LB to the endzone, get lit up as he dives, break in half, and Huard will QB the rest of the season. Penix was even limping after the halfassed QB sneak that failed.

IPSH
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,722
    chuck said:

Yeah forgot about Dumas.

Nixon has at least looked quick when he's gotten the ball.
    Nixon is the only guy with speed and burst. Hopefully the rotation will get bigger against the shitty opponents.