Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for the locals

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,473
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

wobidbus said:

You could see what a clusterfuck 520 was well into the 1st quarter and that definitely contributed to a lousy crowd at kickoff. The people who made it did their jobs though making it tough on MSU. By the 2nd q things had cleared up and this is what peak attendance probably looked like:

We are now getting to Hamilton level shit. People know when the game starts. The have technology at their fingertips to navigate and plan for traffic. The game is a minute 30 in. Traffic is no excuse.

The pattern is the same for every game. Late arriving crowd, peak mid 2nd quarter, an hour of peak crowd (with selfies and phone malarkey ) then dwindles after halftime. 520 had zero to do with that scenario playing out yesterday. I don't think I've seen a close to packed house at kick off for 30 years or more
    Couple die hards in my section were getting pissed and saying shit as the Seattle families started leaving at around 20-39 with UW finally having to punt.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

I was there and from my perspective it was 85-95% full.

And it was definitely loud, but could be louder. Husky stadium still has enough juice to make a difference in the game and did.

75% is a lie, we get it's not 1991, but that atmosphere wasn't embarrassing and it's going to get better if the team continues to improve and win games.

75-80% is very accurate at its peak. Zoom in on any crowd shot throughout the game and tell us otherwise.

Early 4th Q

You're claiming 52-56k at its peak and that's simply not true.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

whlinder said:

I assume Hamilton’s run is over in the Seattle area since the stadium appeared pretty full

The stadium was about 75-81% full at its peak. That's between mid 2nd quarter when people make it to their seats from tailgating and getting snacks then through them taking selfies for an hour and then heading back out to the tailgate and snacks.

This was moments before kickoff

Your seats look poor.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

whlinder said:

I assume Hamilton’s run is over in the Seattle area since the stadium appeared pretty full

The stadium was about 75-81% full at its peak. That's between mid 2nd quarter when people make it to their seats from tailgating and getting snacks then through them taking selfies for an hour and then heading back out to the tailgate and snacks.

It was very loud, I think that's what matters
    Is it? Could it be louder? How loud was it?
    118-120 standing decibel on the average offensive play according to my nerd friend's apple watch. Which is insanely loud.
    You girls shrieking into an Apple Watch doesn’t count.
    I had your wife shrieking in joy a couple hours after the game.
    My wife passed away last year. Thanks for the mention. When she was here that was unlikely. She was never into cucks, like you
    ahh explains why you're such a miserable old fuck
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

wobidbus said:

You could see what a clusterfuck 520 was well into the 1st quarter and that definitely contributed to a lousy crowd at kickoff. The people who made it did their jobs though making it tough on MSU. By the 2nd q things had cleared up and this is what peak attendance probably looked like:

We are now getting to Hamilton level shit. People know when the game starts. The have technology at their fingertips to navigate and plan for traffic. The game is a minute 30 in. Traffic is no excuse.

The pattern is the same for every game. Late arriving crowd, peak mid 2nd quarter, an hour of peak crowd (with selfies and phone malarkey ) then dwindles after halftime. 520 had zero to do with that scenario playing out yesterday. I don't think I've seen a close to packed house at kick off for 30 years or more
    Eh. Saying there is a reason something happened isn't necessarily an excuse. My post wasn't about how having 75% capacity for 1.5 quarters of a prime time game isn't a complete embarrassment to anyone who loves Husky football (it is), I was just responding to the original queery.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

And it was definitely loud, but could be louder. Husky stadium still has enough juice to make a difference in the game and did.

75% is a lie, we get it's not 1991, but that atmosphere wasn't embarrassing and it's going to get better if the team continues to improve and win games.

75-80% is very accurate at its peak. Zoom in on any crowd shot throughout the game and tell us otherwise.

Early 4th Q

You're claiming 52-56k at its peak and that's simply not true.
    If you can't see 13,000 empty seats around the stadium I can't help you. 3,000+ in the west end zone alone. Another 3k on the upper deck ends.

That only 7,000 more throughout the stadium. Likely many more than that
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

wobidbus said:

I’m not sure why you are obsessed with Canadian football, and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in particular, but I can guarantee you Seattle traffic is tons worse than Hamilton, Ont., despite Canada’s shit highways and it being in the middle of Toronto-Niagara Falls metroplex.

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Mike is a little sensitive about attendance.

Here is N Sioux City, South Dakota there was 2 of us watching the game and we have room for 6 - so 1/3 full
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

The stuff we argue about when we don’t suck at football is pretty retarded.

The stuff we argue about when we suck is also retarded. That said, it's kind of like society in general, if people have jobs, money and a feeling of doing well we start in on shit like pronouns and recycling. If we don't know where our next meal is coming from pronouns and recycling can fuck off. The reason India, china and Russia say kiss their ass with that stuff
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I had attendance at 60k peak. Thankfully they pushed kick back 15 minutes or it would have looked really bad on tv as stadium at 4:30 was around 40k maybe a little more.

Sparty had 7.5k so if you want to be glass half empty, biggest OOC game in 10 plus years with perfect weather, and I thought UW doing a nice job of trying to get people in house had turnout of mid 50's ish.

Student section wasn't terrible, but obvious school still not in session.

Crowd that was there was loud.

• Options
    JesseisabeastJesseisabeast Member Posts: 60
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I remember a time when a guy could bum some smoke or a good adult beverage without having to travel more than a few steps
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    68,161 was the announced attendance. I don't know if that's tickets sold or tickets scanned. Even if it was tickets scanned, it's not unreasonable to expect a few thousand to be missing from their seats at the same time during peak the peak period, but that's nowhere near the nearly 16K missing that would be required to hit only 75%, and all of the pictures posted during peak periods look like more than that.

Maybe that announced attendance is just tickets sold.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,091
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

Early 4th Q

Here's an oil painting I did in 331 in between plays in the 3rd. Splendid evening, wouldn't you say?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

I had attendance at 60k peak. Thankfully they pushed kick back 15 minutes or it would have looked really bad on tv as stadium at 4:30 was around 40k maybe a little more.

Sparty had 7.5k so if you want to be glass half empty, biggest OOC game in 10 plus years with perfect weather, and I thought UW doing a nice job of trying to get people in house had turnout of mid 50's ish.

Student section wasn't terrible, but obvious school still not in session.

Crowd that was there was loud.

Pretty close to my estimate.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

68,161 was the announced attendance. I don't know if that's tickets sold or tickets scanned. Even if it was tickets scanned, it's not unreasonable to expect a few thousand to be missing from their seats at the same time during peak the peak period, but that's nowhere near the nearly 16K missing that would be required to hit only 75%, and all of the pictures posted during peak periods look like more than that.

Maybe that announced attendance is just tickets sold.

That’s tickets “sold” Including Softy’s $45 giveaway and 1/3 of the empty seats in the student section.

But you guys are probably right, if not for the 520 traffic and bad gate management the stadium would have been packed at kick off. Especially since the smoke and Hamilton weren’t a factor.
  • Options
    KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

whlinder said:

It was very loud, I think that's what matters
    Is it? Could it be louder? How loud was it?
    118-120 standing decibel on the average offensive play according to my nerd friend's apple watch. Which is insanely loud.
    That Apple watch must be ELITE
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Pic I took at 7pm (3rd Q):

You would have taken a picture of me if I was there