Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Remember when

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
We all wanted Jake haener back? Lulz.

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’m doogin so hard right now. College football has sucked donkey balls since we? got COVID.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Haener, Haener... Looking crisp. ;)

@puppylove_sugarsteel
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I was always Team Penix.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,810
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    never wanted him back
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,436
    I wanted Haener and Penix

whynotboth.gif
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I wanted Haener and Penix

whynotboth.gif

This, depth, haener is done for the year is what I am hearing though.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Haener would do well, but Penix is special in this offense.

The big Q is it Penix or DeBonef/Grubb. Good players can cover for shitty coaches and good coaches can win with less than the best players. Maybe abundance? But hopefully it's at least good solid coaching. That's the foundation that will win championships. The talent will be there if the coaching is. Tying on big dock transfers is the Oregon model and not a good formula for sustained success. Would we? be 3-0 with 5 star Huard at QB? If not, how good is DeBoner?

The answer is right now we don't know. We see the running game struggles. Why?

And I'll give a preemptive fuck off to the "we beat sparty, can't you just not say anything other than Penix for Heisman and DeBoer for coach of the year and ignore everything else" crowd.
    One of the big examples of DeBoer's influence is we're making very few boneheaded plays and penalties. Three games in a row.
    How many unsportsmanlike penalties yesterday? At some point those matter.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,948
    Founders Club

I was in the minority of wanting him back. By no means was it all on here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

That’s not my point Damone. Guys are often wide open. The coaching is good. The players are confident.

You can make fun of people for dooging. You should also get made fun of for a take like 5-7 isn’t out of the question. I expected to win and we did. I’ve been predicting 8-9 wins.

Penix was a pretty good QB at Indiana but he wasn’t playing at this level. Maybe coaching has played a role? Are the OL and WR’s not drastically better?

lThere are a lot of things to clean up. I don’t expect Penix and the WR’s to play this good every week, but i think the defense will improve and that the goal line issues won’t be a continuous issue.

How did anything I posted about players and coaches deviate from your point?

The consensus here has been the season goes how Penix goes. Has it not? My question is valid. Reread my post. But slowly this time.

There has been a lot of 8-9 wins "if Penix stays healthy" talk. Why the caveat? Is Penix goes down the first series of Stanford, what would be your prediction with Morris/Huard at QB?

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

The big Q is it Penix or DeBonef/Grubb. Good players can cover for shitty coaches and good coaches can win with less than the best players. Maybe abundance? But hopefully it's at least good solid coaching. That's the foundation that will win championships. The talent will be there if the coaching is. Tying on big dock transfers is the Oregon model and not a good formula for sustained success. Would we? be 3-0 with 5 star Huard at QB? If not, how good is DeBoner?

And I'll give a preemptive fuck off to the "we beat sparty, can't you just not say anything other than Penix for Heisman and DeBoer for coach of the year and ignore everything else" crowd.
    Penix has always been pretty good when DeBoer was coaching him. When they’ve been separated he has not played as well. It is well documented. They even highlighted in the broadcast. RgIII is pretty dialed in on this one.

The reason the win total drops without penix is the qb’s behind him cannot make the same throws.

Should be 8-9 with penix. More like 6 or 7 without.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Penix has always been pretty good when DeBoer was coaching him. When they’ve been separated he has not played as well. It is well documented. They even highlighted in the broadcast. RgIII is pretty dialed in on this one.

The reason the win total drops without penix is the qb’s behind him cannot make the same throws.

Should be 8-9 with penix. More like 6 or 7 without.
    So Penix is worth 2 games over Morris/Huard. Mediocre with Penix, extra mediocre without. I can see the reason for the dooging. Makes sense now. DAWG sense.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Is the argument that we aren’t sure whether DeBoer/Grubb early success is legit because of Penix? The guy they created? The guy from Tampa that had to go to fucking Indiana? What is going on here.

The biggest questions on team are all issues that predate them. Our mastermind DB Guru fuckwad left an empty cupboard and our 2 QBs left behind both suck. Of course if the guy they made good gets hurt we’re going to be worse off with Morris who fucking sucks. Would be unfortunate if it happens but have a hard time indicting DeBoer/Grubb because Morris and Huard got fucking ruined by the worst staff in UW history.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

One of the big examples of DeBoer's influence is we're making very few boneheaded plays and penalties. Three games in a row.
    How many unsportsmanlike penalties yesterday? At some point those matter.
    We had one when we were up 39-14 and Voi was smoking weed talking shit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You are getting in the way of the narrative...
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,948
    Founders Club

You are getting in the way of the narrative...
    Well I just remember many people arguing with me from day 1 about Haener