Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How to punch it in on the goal line: A Raging Dick Story

BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
edited September 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu74FbxzClE

Yo Deboner. He's sitting right there on your bench.

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I heard the guy that was the X in the half naked PENIX spelling turned around when they were on the Jumbotron with an S on his back.

Big if true.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I’m sure he will get his shot, but I’m not gonna pretend like Newton matters until he produces.

I don't need him to matter or produce.

I need him to run for 1 to 2 yards on the goal line. He can hang out with the cheerleaders on all other plays for all I care.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m sure he will get his shot, but I’m not gonna pretend like Newton matters until he produces.

I don't need him to matter or produce.

I need him to run for 1 to 2 yards on the goal line. He can hang out with the cheerleaders on all other plays for all I care.
    I know that’s what you meant. And you are probably right. We have seen him do that before. I don’t think it will be a long term problem. It will get fixed.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Deboer has been outstanding, but I do think naming taulapapa a captain was an odd choice from the get go.... Kind of boxed himself into a position where he has to be a starter, unless I missed something and he's a ST captain???
  • Options

bigcc said:

Deboer has been outstanding, but I do think naming taulapapa a captain was an odd choice from the get go.... Kind of boxed himself into a position where he has to be a starter, unless I missed something and he's a ST captain???

He’s probably a captain because he works hard, does the right thing, etc. Great TD catch today and he’s not that bad of player. Your captains don’t have to be exclusively star players.

He’s 23-24 years old and is a leader to the younger players.
    I get that, but if he starts to get outplayed it's not a great look sitting a captain right? Idk maybe I'm overthinking it.

Either way, he was important for setting the tone particularly on the first drive, so I probably shouldn't be worried, but it's caught my attention over the 3 games.

That being said, not particularly a fan of getting cute at the goal line, penix isn't a running threat and that's fine, but they need to stop leaning into it like he's going to turn a page.... Give him the option to scramble on a roll out or amazing lane and limit it to that,
  • Options

bigcc said:

Players voted the captains. We have 3 on O, 3 on D. Half our captains are transfers to get rid of any lingering memories of Lake
    I wasn't aware of that, thanks for clearing that up. Ooc who is the other offensive captain? OL right?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,431
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    bigcc said:

bigcc said:

Players voted the captains. We have 3 on O, 3 on D. Half our captains are transfers to get rid of any lingering memories of Lake
    I wasn't aware of that, thanks for clearing that up. Ooc who is the other offensive captain? OL right?
    Penix and Kirkland. On D, it's Martin, Bright, and Cook.

4 of our 6 captains are portal transfers