Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Holy shit I'm excited for this game

We've had "bigger games" in the last decade but none that we're actually winnable. We were never going to win the playoff or NY6 games so I didn't have my hopes up for those. This game is winnable. I don't think it's a great matchup for us but fuck it, I'm going to Doog my ass off anyways. Getting to the tailgates at noon tomorrow. Pray for my liver. Go Dawgs.

Comments

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,104
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We've had "bigger games" in the last decade but none that we're actually winnable. We were never going to win the playoff or NY6 games so I didn't have my hopes up for those. This game is winnable. I don't think it's a great matchup for us but fuck it, I'm going to Doog my ass off anyways. Getting to the tailgates at noon tomorrow. Pray for my liver. Go Dawgs.

Fans go to games. Cynics complain.

For regular posters here, seems like a cynic to fan ratio of about 5 to 1.

Oh but I've been sooo burned by PETERMAN, Jen is the WORST, DOOGS SUCK, the Athletic Department is SOO INCOMPETENT.

Get over yourself and go to the game. I swear the old guard here acts like a bunch of too cool adolescents. I'm sure there are some here so jaded that they actually want UW to LOSE on Saturday, but I'm not sure that's many. How about admit that you'd like us to win and get your lazy ass to the game. And quit with the "I've been so heartbroken I just can't care anymore". Seriously, that's your mental toughness level? GET to the GAME.

And yeah, this isn't Softy, isn't Jen, isn't anyone other than a fan whose hung around on this board long enough to feel the need to call your BS. Yes, you.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    MelloDawg said:

Oh but I've been sooo burned by PETERMAN, Jen is the WORST, DOOGS SUCK, the Athletic Department is SOO INCOMPETENT.

Get over yourself and go to the game. I swear the old guard here acts like a bunch of too cool adolescents. I'm sure there are some here so jaded that they actually want UW to LOSE on Saturday, but I'm not sure that's many. How about admit that you'd like us to win and get your lazy ass to the game. And quit with the "I've been so heartbroken I just can't care anymore". Seriously, that's your mental toughness level? GET to the GAME.

And yeah, this isn't Softy, isn't Jen, isn't anyone other than a fan whose hung around on this board long enough to feel the need to call your BS. Yes, you.
    Please you are the biggest cynic here, cosplaying as a former band member probably haven't gone to a game in 30+ years and can't even describe the band directors Halloween costume from 1996.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Penn St and Auburn were definitely winnable but this one's at home. Would be nice to punch up to our weight

Ohio State was winnable too if we didnt play like pussy losers for a half
    I guess I put the other games in the "very winnable" category. Bama and OSU would have been upsets
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Penn St and Auburn were definitely winnable but this one's at home. Would be nice to punch up to our weight

I guess I put the other games in the "very winnable" category. Bama and OSU would have been upsets
    It's hard to tell what's winnable and not when your head coach's 2009 fuckhead offense is out there stalling for half the fucking game.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,262
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I have to go to a fucking wedding at 4pm. I am actually excited about this game also. Wish I could be there to fire up the fly over Smack talk with Sparty.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Huge games for both UW and UO.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

It's hard to tell what's winnable and not when your head coach's 2009 fuckhead offense is out there stalling for half the fucking game.
    I thought we settled on Trapp pulling himself and spiking the Gatorade for his bet to hit
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,196
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Bread said:

MelloDawg said:

Please you are the biggest cynic here, cosplaying as a former band member probably haven't gone to a game in 30+ years and can't even describe the band directors Halloween costume from 1996.
    Whoosh!!
    I found your two dads

• Options
    booker14booker14 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 145
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We have QB who has been pretty good against B10 opponents and a coaching staff that has performed pretty well as underdogs in the past. I actually have just a little bit of hope for a change. I haven't had much hope for a while. I'll probably be crushed but it's nice not to be expecting to lose.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,212
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

I have to go to a fucking wedding at 4pm. I am actually excited about this game also. Wish I could be there to fire up the fly over Smack talk with Sparty.

Is revoking your man card still thing?
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

Get over yourself and go to the game.

no
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    booker14 said:

We have QB who has been pretty good against B10 opponents and a coaching staff that has performed pretty well as underdogs in the past. I actually have just a little bit of hope for a change. I haven't had much hope for a while. I'll probably be crushed but it's nice not to be expecting to lose.

Remember when we thought Petersen could win a big game?
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,262
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dannarc said:

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,437

dannarc said:

You think poasters here have earned man cards?