Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Well son of a bitch. HCQ isn’t what CNN made it out to be

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited September 2022 in Tug Tavern
I guess if your position is the opposite of everything trump said regardless of what it is, you might need to do some apologizing.

I remember CNN’s HCQ is a dangerous drug even though they never heard of it and it has been safely used billions of times for 70 years phase.

I’m not saying HCQ is a great covid prophylactic. So don’t twist. But at worst it does nothing and has no dangerous side effects.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s42003-022-03841-8

Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), a drug used to treat lupus and malaria, was proposed as a treatment for SARS-coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection, albeit with controversy. In vitro, HCQ effectively inhibits viral entry, but its use in the clinic has been hampered by conflicting results. A better understanding of HCQ’s mechanism of actions in vitro is needed. Recently, anesthetics were shown to disrupt ordered clusters of monosialotetrahexosylganglioside1 (GM1) lipid. These same lipid clusters recruit the SARS-CoV-2 surface receptor angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) to endocytic lipids, away from phosphatidylinositol 4,5 bisphosphate (PIP2) clusters. Here we employed super-resolution imaging of cultured mammalian cells (VeroE6, A549, H1793, and HEK293T) to show HCQ directly perturbs clustering of ACE2 receptor with both endocytic lipids and PIP2 clusters. In elevated (high) cholesterol, HCQ moves ACE2 nanoscopic distances away from endocytic lipids. In cells with resting (low) cholesterol, ACE2 primarily associates with PIP2 clusters, and HCQ moves ACE2 away from PIP2 clusters—erythromycin has a similar effect. We conclude HCQ inhibits viral entry through two distinct mechanisms in high and low tissue cholesterol and does so prior to inhibiting cathepsin-L. HCQ clinical trials and animal studies will need to account for tissue cholesterol levels when evaluating dosing and efficacy.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s when you realize the pandemic was bullshit and an excuse for control

LoneStar gets it.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

LoneStar gets it.
    I’ve been getting it since June 2020 when NYT insisted everyone in Texas was already dead

Also called the vaccine would colossally fail because they don’t want this to ever end
    Swaye's Wigwam

LoneStar gets it.
    I’ve been getting it since June 2020 when NYT insisted everyone in Texas was already dead

Also called the vaccine would colossally fail because they don’t want this to ever end
    Texans were thinking like Neanderthals
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,065
    edited September 2022

Ok.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,768
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

That’s where I was always at. Why not try things that have proven safety records. The outrage at the attempt was the tell.

Exactly. When they went hysterical over HCQ that was a tell. I took it several times when I went to Central America. Nothing happened and I don’t give it any thought. Then Trump mentions it and people who heard about it 15 minutes ago all of a sudden have strong opinions about it and declare it extremely dangerous. What the fuck? Same thing with “horse paste”. All political bullshit.
    The horsepaste version and the fish tank cleaner being used by people were directly caused by the prohibition on the real thing.
    Swaye's Wigwam

To be fair, the pandemic wasn't bullshit. The response to it was.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    Founders Club

NIH funding the research to develop the gain of function virus with specific spike protein and selling the IPR of the vaccine candidate to Moderna in early 2019 constitutes bullshit. The response being ass backwards only bolsters the bullshit.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,065

100% agree with this.
    Swaye's Wigwam

NIH funding the research to develop the gain of function virus with specific spike protein and selling the IPR of the vaccine candidate to Moderna in early 2019 constitutes bullshit. The response being ass backwards only bolsters the bullshit.
    When I say it wasn't bullshit I mean it existed. Not in reference to its origin.

What's bullshit is the response which was to lie and use hyperbole to induce panic, control the population to submit to authority, all for political proposes.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022
    alumni94 said:

The next step in the control area is electric cars. Using same fear model. 1. We are all going to die (climate change), 2. You need to change (electric cars). 3. We will force you to change (California forcing all new cars be electric). 4. It’s science!

They have a model, and will continue to use it until it doesn’t work.

5) we will be able to control the days your car will function.....for the greater good.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

alumni94 said:

The next step in the control area is electric cars. Using same fear model. 1. We are all going to die (climate change), 2. You need to change (electric cars). 3. We will force you to change (California forcing all new cars be electric). 4. It’s science!

5) we will be able to control the days your car will function.....for the greater good.
    There’s always public transportation. Find me a radical leftists that doesn’t want to control your behavior and I’ll show you a Unicorn.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

alumni94 said:

There’s always public transportation. Find me a radical leftists that doesn’t want to control your behavior and I’ll show you a Unicorn.
    I'd take the bus if it was semi efficient and there weren't 14 crackheads and white trash losers who wanted to fight me on it. Maybe steam clean it twice a day too. Otherwise, most middle class types aren't going to. A few take it downtown or to U of Eh
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

46XiJCAB said:

alumni94 said:

I'd take the bus if it was semi efficient and there weren't 14 crackheads and white trash losers who wanted to fight me on it. Maybe steam clean it twice a day too. Otherwise, most middle class types aren't going to. A few take it downtown or to U of Eh
    Toss in the ability to use a laptop or cell phone without it getting stolen.
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,226
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

That’s where I was always at. Why not try things that have proven safety records. The outrage at the attempt was the tell.

Exactly. When they went hysterical over HCQ that was a tell. I took it several times when I went to Central America. Nothing happened and I don’t give it any thought. Then Trump mentions it and people who heard about it 15 minutes ago all of a sudden have strong opinions about it and declare it extremely dangerous. What the fuck? Same thing with “horse paste”. All political bullshit.
    The horsepaste version and the fish tank cleaner being used by people were directly caused by the prohibition on the real thing.
    The horse paste version works at the ACE2 receptor, similar to HCQ.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dude61 said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

The horse paste version works at the ACE2 receptor, similar to HCQ.
    but the Pharma companies can't make 60 billion dollars each on HCQ and Horse Paste - which was really a payoff for Biden to announce last week the price freeze on a couple of drugs and that we? beat Pharma