Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2018 Pac-12 Football Coach Rankings: Can Anyone Win a National Title?

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I get why you guys cling to the voted natty. I would too if my team had never made it to the championship game and I needed something to make my team look relevant compared to the team that came from out of nowhere and KILLED IT on the national stage for YEARS. Guarantee if you ever win a real title on the field, that title will be far more valuable to you than a voted title from a bygone era where championship games didn't exist.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I get why you guys cling to the voted natty. I would too if my team had never made it to the championship game and I needed something to make my team look relevant compared to the team that came from out of nowhere and KILLED IT on the national stage for YEARS. Guarantee if you ever win a real title on the field, that title will be far more valuable to you than a voted title from a bygone era where championship games didn't exist.

Quooks living in the past.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

PurpleJ said:

Pete doesn't belong in the same sentence as Chip. Or in the same paragraph. Or on the same page. He's probably good enough to make it in the book though.

They are tied in national championships.
    OBK counts National Semifinal victories as national championships.
    No, but they are measuring sticks. And they're sure as fuck more valuable than a voted 'natty' where the game was never even played on the field. UO is the only PAC team with a playoff victory so ducks can talk shit. UW has a loss. They can try to talk shit but its silly and embarrassing when they do.
    If you actually think a national championship in 1991, after which your team steamrolled fucking everyone and didn’t lose a game is inferior to a semi final victory, after which your team lost to FUCKING ARIZONA AT HOME,

, you are simply serving me my next beer at a jack duck pub in Portland.

I’ll take a Starburst IPA next you strung out bottom feeder.
    An undefeated regular season is inferior to a playoff victory. HTH
    So the Rose Bowl was a regular season game?

How did Oregon’s best team ever do in the regular season, at home, against Arizona?
    Who gives a fuck. The Mosstercatz were obliterated in the PAC championship. And UO had already tied UW's achievements in 2010 with the undefeated regular season, which would have resulted in a 'half natty' back in the good old days.
    Because you’re talking about all time greatness and your best team ever, with their best player ever, lost to Arizona at home.

UW steamraped their way through an entire season plus bowl game against a traditionally good program.

The fact ducks and cougs can’t admit these facts makes them massive fucking homos.

Otherwise yeah, 2014, win over complacent FSU and jimboo, yeahhh, quook on young bud tender...
    Play the Canes or GTFO
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Pete doesn't belong in the same sentence as Chip. Or in the same paragraph. Or on the same page. He's probably good enough to make it in the book though.

OBK has a point. Slingblade won that semi game with Chip’s guys
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    dflea said:

We get why you don't, loser.

It's because Oregon lost the big game and the Ducks' big-time push at football relevance fizzled out short of being champions. So they're just losers, not semi-final winners. Nobody gives even a small fuck about a semi.

Fuck off.
    Pete agrees.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Angry quook obk is best obk. Glad to see my comment spark some decent discussion around here lol
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

PurpleJ said:

Imagine Chip at USC...

BRB, JO
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

Imagine Chip at USC...

Too many Asians.
    180k?

I don't even remember how you faggots work any more.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    PurpleJ said:

Angry quook obk is best obk. Glad to see my comment spark some decent discussion around here lol

I'm not even charged to half quook. Bow down and recognize the accomplishments of the O, bitches. Acknowledge that we? are your betters in football accomplishments and I'll go easier on the beatdowns next time. The case has been laid out and the facts presented. The 2 undefeated seasons cancel each other out. The program with the most playoff wins is the more storied program. #QuookLogic is #WinningLogic
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

I'm not even charged to half quook. Bow down and recognize the accomplishments of the O, bitches. Acknowledge that we? are your betters in football accomplishments and I'll go easier on the beatdowns next time. The case has been laid out and the facts presented. The 2 undefeated seasons cancel each other out. The program with the most playoff wins is the more storied program. #QuookLogic is #WinningLogic

Quite literally the only thing Oregon is more storied in is Heisman winners. And yes, Marcus was amazing.

But even with a 12 year stretch of dominance by Oregon and Washington hitting the ultimate depths of hell, Oregon is still behind in every metric.
    No category for playoff wins in this display. GTF outta here with this doog shit. Win/loss records, NFL drafts picks, weeks at #1 etc., none of that matters. Only playoff wins & national championships (which require playoff wins in the modern era) matter. UO has 1 playoff win. UW has zero playoff wins. UO played in 2 natty games. UW has never played in one. UW has half a voted natty. UO matched that accomplishment in 2010 with an undefeated season. In short, UO will be the dominant program until UW gets a playoff win. Then both programs will be on equal footing again.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

PurpleJ said:

Quite literally the only thing Oregon is more storied in is Heisman winners. And yes, Marcus was amazing.

But even with a 12 year stretch of dominance by Oregon and Washington hitting the ultimate depths of hell, Oregon is still behind in every metric.
    No category for playoff wins in this display. GTF outta here with this doog shit. Win/loss records, NFL drafts picks, weeks at #1 etc., none of that matters. Only playoff wins & national championships (which require playoff wins in the modern era) matter. UO has 1 playoff win. UW has zero playoff wins. UO played in 2 natty games. UW has never played in one. UW has half a voted natty. UO matched that accomplishment in 2010 with an undefeated season. In short, UO will be the dominant program until UW gets a playoff win. Then both programs will be on equal footing again.
    Your football program is currently in hospice care. It's ok brotha QOOCK THE FUCK ON!!!!1!!
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

In short, UO will be the dominant program until UW gets a playoff win. Then both programs will be on equal footing again.

Is this the greatest quook line in history?
    It's up there.

http://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/17474/oregon-will-be-back-in-the-playoff-soon/p1
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Aids is strong in this thread