Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's before 4:00 in the morning, dark, and the camera is taking a 20 second exposure. That's a plane with its lights on. Navy jets and commercial planes are constantly flying (and usually low) over Whidbey.

If you own a camera that doesn't have a phone wrapped around it, walk to somewhere near you where you can see a hill, put your camera on a tripod, set your shutter speed for 20, click the shutter right as a car reaches the base of the hill, the exposure will finish right around when the car reaches the top of the hill. Check the review screen, and you'll witness a missile launch at the hill RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's vertical.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

It's vertical.

It turns out that planes operate in three dimensional space, hence the car driving up a hill in my analogy. Also, the earth is round. Horizon and all. I grew up there, I bet I could recreate this image in a week if I looked up for a while every night.

Sometimes pilots like to have a little fun. A pilot from that very same air station drew a dick in the sky a few years back.
    Send him an invite
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

I have taken off and landed at Whidbey Island many times in jet aircraft, and the only suitable explanation for that fire plume is @jhfstyle24 had a major Taco Bell shit and he released it straight up. I'm an expert here.

fuck, i've been exposed

but it wasn't taco bell, it was taco time. get it right
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I have taken off and landed at Whidbey Island many times in jet aircraft, and the only suitable explanation for that fire plume is @jhfstyle24 had a major Taco Bell shit and he released it straight up. I'm an expert here.

fuck, i've been exposed

but it wasn't taco bell, it was taco time. get it right
    Take it to the pants shitting thread.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Update - it was a helicopter. Yes Cliff Mass is my source. His weather blog is the tits.

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2018/06/mystery-missile-launch-explained.html?m=1
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2018

PurpleJ said:

It's vertical.

It turns out that planes operate in three dimensional space, hence the car driving up a hill in my analogy. Also, the earth is round. Horizon and all. I grew up there, I bet I could recreate this image in a week if I looked up for a while every night.

Sometimes pilots like to have a little fun. A pilot from that very same air station drew a dick in the sky a few years back.
    Chemtrails IMO
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    RedRocket said:

Update - it was a helicopter. Yes Cliff Mass is my source. His weather blog is the tits.

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2018/06/mystery-missile-launch-explained.html?m=1

It's more fun for me to believe in a Taco Bell shit.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's before 4:00 in the morning, dark, and the camera is taking a 20 second exposure. That's a plane with its lights on. Navy jets and commercial planes are constantly flying (and usually low) over Whidbey.

If you own a camera that doesn't have a phone wrapped around it, walk to somewhere near you where you can see a hill, put your camera on a tripod, set your shutter speed for 20, click the shutter right as a car reaches the base of the hill, the exposure will finish right around when the car reaches the top of the hill. Check the review screen, and you'll witness a missile launch at the hill RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE!

Photography Superiority Guy