Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What ARE the unfair trade practices Trump is bitching about endlessly?

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,745
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Canada levies a tariff of 270 percent on milk, 245 percent on cheese and 298 percent on butter in an effort to keep U.S. and other foreign dairy imports out. And people get upset about the US wanting to put a tariff out there to get the attention of the real offenders of unfair trade
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

The one area where I disagree with Trump.

He still believes that cars, manufacturing and other labor intensive jobs can make a come back in America.

if you look at the world through his lens, America was great when we built shit.

He's not eh o my one who thinks that.

Amdn not sure he is entirely wrong about it.

The fact is, there are, and for the foreseeable future, will be, WAY more people who have no role in an Tech/services economy than those who do.

And our economic relations with china go well beyond IP theft.

Our exports go through vetting and more economically inefficient bullshit than you can shake a stick at.
    Fuck this damn phone!^
    Engrish matters!

Oh and phones are EVIL incarnate!
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2018
    Sledog said:

Canada levies a tariff of 270 percent on milk, 245 percent on cheese and 298 percent on butter in an effort to keep U.S. and other foreign dairy imports out. And people get upset about the US wanting to put a tariff out there to get the attention of the real offenders of unfair trade

Well, OK, but how tangible is this? We have our own exclusive rules too, you know. I believe an example is the "buy USA" law which makes it illegal to buy foreign crap like cars for government. My information obtained by the NY Times is that far from running a deficit, we in fact running a trade surplus. The dumbfuck known as our president, by the way, omits services in his distortions of reality.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Please to be explaining how that is unfair? It's their country. Just one it's our country. Abs we have a leader, your hero, making trade wars out of nothing for no reason other than to flex his muscle. And idiots like you stroke off to it.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sledog said:

Well, OK, but how tangible is this? We have our own exclusive rules too, you know. I believe an example is the "buy USA" law which makes it illegal to buy foreign crap like cars for government. My information obtained by the NY Times is that far from running a deficit, we in fact running a trade surplus. The dumbfuck known as our president, by the way, omits services in his distortions of reality.
    The Canadian and US dairy markets are both propped up by their respective governments. One through tariffs and quotas the other from targeted subsidies. Pick your poison.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Please to be explaining how that is unfair? It's their country. Just one it's our country. Abs we have a leader, your hero, making trade wars out of nothing for no reason other than to flex his muscle. And idiots like you stroke off to it.
    If the others tax our exports to them at high rates why shouldn't we be making some money off of them as well?

HTH
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

If the others tax our exports to them at high rates why shouldn't we be making some money off of them as well?

HTH
    From the dude who said we need to lower corporate income taxes to reduce costs to the consumer.

Dumbfuck.
  • Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH
    From the dude who said we need to lower corporate income taxes to reduce costs to the consumer.

Dumbfuck.
    yes the idea is doing a number of things to incentivize industry within this country its pretty simple

china enslaves their people and destroys the planet so that americans can acquire slightly cheaper consumer garbage in exchange for dollars which they use strategically to improve their military, increase their manufacturing base, buy up crucial strategic long-term assets across the globe such as raw material sources
    how is this setup good for anyone?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH

Dumbfuck.
    From the guy wanting communism?

Check yourself into the gulag.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH

Dumbfuck.
    yes the idea is doing a number of things to incentivize industry within this country its pretty simple

china enslaves their people and destroys the planet so that americans can acquire slightly cheaper consumer garbage in exchange for dollars which they use strategically to improve their military, increase their manufacturing base, buy up crucial strategic long-term assets across the globe such as raw material sources
    Not to mention the cherry on the top.

Currency manipulation.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HTH

Dumbfuck.

Not to mention the cherry on the top.

Currency manipulation.
    Maybe you can apply for Chinese yuan the next time you go on welfare.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

topdawgnc said:

He still believes that cars, manufacturing and other labor intensive jobs can make a come back in America.

if you look at the world through his lens, America was great when we built shit.

The fact is, there are, and for the foreseeable future, will be, WAY more people who have no role in an Tech/services economy than those who do.

Our exports go through vetting and more economically inefficient bullshit than you can shake a stick at.
    Fuck this damn phone!^
    Engrish matters!

Speaking Engrish isn’t a necessity where He lives, so I’ll cut him a break there.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Sledog said:

The NY Times said that we had a 400 Billion trade deficit with China and Mexico alone in 2016. So....

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/09/upshot/what-is-the-trade-deficit.html
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

topdawgnc said:

Fuck this damn phone!^
    Engrish matters!

Speaking Engrish isn’t a necessity where He lives, so I’ll cut him a break there.
    What dialect of hillbilly do you speak?
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

The NY Times said that we had a 400 Billion trade deficit with China and Mexico alone in 2016. So....
    So what indeed. Did a Mexican steal your job?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

topdawgnc said:

Fuck this damn phone!^
    Engrish matters!

• Options

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

topdawgnc said:

Fuck this damn phone!^
    Engrish matters!

The chinvite for a swim is still open. You’ll be able to hear first hand.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

If I only had a pesoyuan for everytime you poast the same tired shit, I’d go ahead and buy ya a plane ticket for that swim.

You should prolly polish that last Busch lite and have the caregiver wheel you to your rack.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

If I only had a pesoyuan for everytime you poast the same tired shit, I’d go ahead and buy ya a plane ticket for that swim.

You should prolly polish that last Busch lite and have the caregiver wheel you to your rack.
    Same tired shit? Thanks for caring.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/09/upshot/what-is-the-trade-deficit.html
    Well if you read the article the thing most to take from it is that the view of our dumbfuck president is just a distortion of select issues and not the whole picture that he presents it as. The world of that dunbfuck is a falsification of reality designed to meet his ends. It is not realism.