Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I am sure he will get a "well earned" 4th start with that offer sheet soon.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    This is a worthwhile offer!
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Ya like u guys said...
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Have we ever gotten a kid from Georgia?
  • Options
    DarnoldPalmerDarnoldPalmer Member Posts: 59

Does Antavius Sims count?
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    It must be measurables and/or overconfidence. I don't get it. Why jump in the cesspool with Alabama and Clemson? These Florida and Georgia kids have only one P5 offer apiece (Pitt and Georgia Tech) and are just as good, if not better.

hudl.com/v/27vvc0

hudl.com/v/28Lhvt
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2018

The last kid we got from GA was Jeff Shalda. Who quit football and refused to come to UW (leaving us with 1 OL for the class).

Great job Lambo!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

My guess is the staff believes they are in the process of building a national brand similar to Oregon. Having Adidas as an ally and playing in Atlanta next year will help further that exposure. I think they are trying to establish UW as a program that can take a few kids from the South every year or two the way Oregon can. It might be wasted effort for the now but Pete plays the long game and I think this is part of his plan.

Nah. They are desperate and think think casting a wide net, something's bound to work.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

My guess is the staff believes they are in the process of building a national brand similar to Oregon. Having Adidas as an ally and playing in Atlanta next year will help further that exposure. I think they are trying to establish UW as a program that can take a few kids from the South every year or two the way Oregon can. It might be wasted effort for the now but Pete plays the long game and I think this is part of his plan.

Of all the worthless offers we've thrown out, Im curious to know how many of those offers are coming from KWAT.... i literally picture in my mind KWAT offering every kid that responds to his DM's even if all its says is 'wsup coach'
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

Nah. They are desperate and think think casting a wide net, something's bound to work.
    If they were desperate they'd be offering the in state kids that will clearly take the offer if they extend it.

You can disagree with the strategery all day long but desperate's got nothing to do with it.
    I don’t think any of the kids that we haven’t offered in state are locks to take our offer, it’s gonna be a battle for those kids.

I don’t think it’s desperate either, I think it’s a ridiculous strategy that they are employing and makes no fucking sense whatsoever.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

If they were desperate they'd be offering the in state kids that will clearly take the offer if they extend it.

You can disagree with the strategery all day long but desperate's got nothing to do with it.
    I don’t think any of the kids that we haven’t offered in state are locks to take our offer, it’s gonna be a battle for those kids.

I don’t think it’s desperate either, I think it’s a ridiculous strategy that they are employing and makes no fucking sense whatsoever.
    I'm fine with this take. I #TrustTheCoaches so I assume there is solid reasoning to it, but it doesn't make any sense to me on it's face either. I just don't think there's any reason to think it's desperate when we're still among the least offers extended and at the top of "percentage of offers extended that have been accepted". It's weird as fuck, but not close to desperate.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dnc said:

I'm fine with this take. I #TrustTheCoaches so I assume there is solid reasoning to it, but it doesn't make any sense to me on it's face either. I just don't think there's any reason to think it's desperate when we're still among the least offers extended and at the top of "percentage of offers extended that have been accepted". It's weird as fuck, but not close to desperate.
    Maybe you misunderstand what I meant by desperate. It couldn't possibly be that I didn't communicate it correctly.

They are desperate to get a 'big time BUCK' prospect. So, they are throwing out offers and following a bunch of kids we have no shot at in the 'ugly guy propositioning every 10 in the club' kind of way.

Given Coach K's results, why is it the default to assume there is a good strategy? His recruiting here has produced this:

YEAR 1: Nobody.
    YEAR 2: Benning (in-state kid, Choate was lead recruiter on, brother went to UW), Jusstis Warren (in-state late offer, no competition), Bryce Sterk (in-state, late offer, no competition), Myles Rice (out-of-state, injured all senior year, no competition).
    YEAR 3: Amandre (in-state, minimal competition)
    YEAR 4: Joe Tryon (in-state, late offer, some competition, but he always wanted to go to UW)
    YEAR 5: Nobody.

So, why the fuck would we think he has a strategy? I don't understand why the default is that he is a good recruiter and knows what he's doing. FIVE FUCKING YEARS OF EVIDENCE shows he is clueless.

Why is it so hard to get people here to hold attitudes that are more nuanced than 'I like this guy/I hate this guy'. I fucking love Coach K. As a guy. As a coach. He is awesome. I do not want him fired. But RYAN BOWMAN is our back up BUCK.

But WHAT FUCKING EVIDENCE IS THERE HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING IN RECRUITING!?!?

None. He's gotten blown out for every good BUCK prospect we've been in on. Last year we offered tons of Texas and Southern BUCK kids. ONE KID WENT TO FUCKING LA TECH!!!

On this fucking bored of all places why do we have to take as the default that the coaches know what they're doing.

How about when they get some pelts on the wall, then we trust them?

Fucking show me.
    I agree K is a shit recruiter. If you're poont was simply "he's desperate" I probably wouldn't have batted an eyelash. When you said "they're desperate" i took that as a reflection of the greater staff and the multiple longshot offers they seem to be extending. And i don't for a minute think the staff in general is recruiting out of desperation.

K, sure, fire away.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

Maybe you misunderstand what I meant by desperate. It couldn't possibly be that I didn't communicate it correctly.

They are desperate to get a 'big time BUCK' prospect. So, they are throwing out offers and following a bunch of kids we have no shot at in the 'ugly guy propositioning every 10 in the club' kind of way.

Given Coach K's results, why is it the default to assume there is a good strategy? His recruiting here has produced this:

YEAR 2: Benning (in-state kid, Choate was lead recruiter on, brother went to UW), Jusstis Warren (in-state late offer, no competition), Bryce Sterk (in-state, late offer, no competition), Myles Rice (out-of-state, injured all senior year, no competition).
    YEAR 4: Joe Tryon (in-state, late offer, some competition, but he always wanted to go to UW)

So, why the fuck would we think he has a strategy? I don't understand why the default is that he is a good recruiter and knows what he's doing. FIVE FUCKING YEARS OF EVIDENCE shows he is clueless.

Why is it so hard to get people here to hold attitudes that are more nuanced than 'I like this guy/I hate this guy'. I fucking love Coach K. As a guy. As a coach. He is awesome. I do not want him fired. But RYAN BOWMAN is our back up BUCK.

None. He's gotten blown out for every good BUCK prospect we've been in on. Last year we offered tons of Texas and Southern BUCK kids. ONE KID WENT TO FUCKING LA TECH!!!

On this fucking bored of all places why do we have to take as the default that the coaches know what they're doing.

Fucking show me.
    They did promote Lake to DC and bring Harris in to take over the DB's. They may be late to the table but they have addressed that issue. Have to see if Lake will take on Buck's but I remember seeing things posted from him that says he has taken over a part of that responsibility. It won't be an instant change but it should help going forward,
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

dnc said:

dnc said:

Fucking show me.
    They did promote Lake to DC and bring Harris in to take over the DB's. They may be late to the table but they have addressed that issue. Have to see if Lake will take on Buck's but I remember seeing things posted from him that says he has taken over a part of that responsibility. It won't be an instant change but it should help going forward,
    This. Lake's getting the big bucks and big responsibility now. He should take equal responsibility or credit for every recruit on the defensive side of the ball. At the very least he should be coaching up Kwitkowski on recruiting technique.