Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looks like we are bringing back the fullback

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I want to see the full house backfield that Don James ran in the mid 80's. Any other way of using a full back is bullshit.

No, I didn't Google that Pumpy, you futtbucker.

Tardo. Pete has used a fullback most every series at BSU AND UW. Just because he doesnt wear #44 and sport a neckroll out I formation doesnt mean he's not a fullback. Now toss off
    Hey you dumb donkey, do you understand sarcasm?

Didn't think so.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I want to see the full house backfield that Don James ran in the mid 80's. Any other way of using a full back is bullshit.

Tardo. Pete has used a fullback most every series at BSU AND UW. Just because he doesnt wear #44 and sport a neckroll out I formation doesnt mean he's not a fullback. Now toss off

Didn't think so.
    When someone is trying to be sarcastic. Although you're not trying, you're just dumb
  • Options
    Founders Club

Didn't think so.
    When someone is trying to be sarcastic. Although you're not trying, you're just dumb
    Hurtful!
  • Options
    Founders Club

uzi said:

Are we going to throw forty yards sideways to the fullback -- because nobody ever covers the fullback?

I remember that play from the Sark days. Other teams would ro it to us and get 8 yards a play because they'd have 2 blockers out in front. Then we'd try it and get dropped for a 5 yard loss because no one blocked.

I wonder if Sark has figured that one out yet
    It is actually a long-standing joke and a reference to the 1993 Ohio State game. The joke was coined by Race on the old podcast. Lambo's OC (Linnehan?) kept calling for Pickett to throw toward the sideline to the fullback and Ohio State kept coming close to picking it off.
    I think you mean the ‘03 game vs Ohio State.
    Which would have meant Gilbertson (not Lambo) and John Pettas (not Linnehan), but otherwise, it was a great historical recap of where the long standing joke came from. Though, I'm really starting to wonder if it really involved Pickett and even involved tOSU?
    It was Gilby and Pettas in '03. My bad.
    Sheesh Derrk...comon!!!
    Who's Derrk?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

uzi said:

Are we going to throw forty yards sideways to the fullback -- because nobody ever covers the fullback?

I remember that play from the Sark days. Other teams would ro it to us and get 8 yards a play because they'd have 2 blockers out in front. Then we'd try it and get dropped for a 5 yard loss because no one blocked.

It is actually a long-standing joke and a reference to the 1993 Ohio State game. The joke was coined by Race on the old podcast. Lambo's OC (Linnehan?) kept calling for Pickett to throw toward the sideline to the fullback and Ohio State kept coming close to picking it off.
    Which would have meant Gilbertson (not Lambo) and John Pettas (not Linnehan), but otherwise, it was a great historical recap of where the long standing joke came from. Though, I'm really starting to wonder if it really involved Pickett and even involved tOSU?
    Sheesh Derrk...comon!!!
    Who's Derrk?
    When clueless just go after something completely irrelevant. Liberal playbook, which you've mastered over 2 weeks of spring ball.
  • Options
    Founders Club

uzi said:

Sheesh Derrk...comon!!!
    Who's Derrk?
    When clueless just go after something completely irrelevant. Liberal playbook, which you've mastered over 2 weeks of spring ball.
    What does the liberal playbook have to do with spring ball?

Please elaborate.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

uh oh a pumpy quad thread shitpost

Careful
    POTD
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter